BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Right ,thats it, i have seen and heard enough about this monitor i am going to have to buy one. I was playing CoD4 multiplayeron my Hanns-G HW191D 19" WS monitor last night and struggled to see the enemy when they were in the distance. I Hope this powercolor 3870 can cope with the res but then i can always lower it down. Wish me luck as i hope i get a good'n first time.:D

EDIT: Thats it i just clicked the confirm order button. I suppose i will be 'in the dog house now' for spending £260 on what my GF would call a non essential luxury item but then i could say she is a non essential high maintenance item.

Last edited:
I`ve had mine since before christmas and its still perfect (touches wood :D)

BTW,

** Stupid question time **

DVD`s played in full screen at native res look a bit poor. They are not awful, just not as sharp/crisp. Is this to be expected? If i run in a window, the pic is better, but that kind of defeats the object IMO. Any special tricks/software to help? Or is the monitor a much higher res than the DVD was filmed in?

I am presuming its a res thing. I have not got into HD yet so excuse me if the above is obvious to some people.

Try using MediaPlayerClassic with ffdshow filter. This will allow you to rescale the image to 1080p. It might improve things.

ffdshow also has a whole host of other image enhancements that you can play around with that would make a stand-alone upscaling dvd player weep with jealousy.

If you are using PowerDVD or WinDVD to play your DVDs, you aint seen nothing. ;)

Oh and another thing, some DVD prints are bad, others are good. So make sure it isnt the actual print itself that is poor.

Thanks Sunama, I will media player classic a go. I do use Power DVD atm.

Your right about some DVD`s. BBC ones seem to be particularly poor at times. A Top Gear one i got for Xmas is worse than a poor copy. :D

Thanks again. ;)

Well after several weeks, my two horizontal lines that run the full width of the screen have got noticeably worse since last week, other than that the screen is awesome, COD4 looks amazing

Have just checked the RMA webpage request but theres no file upload option, if I take a pic of the screen to support my claim is their another procedure to follow or is it just a case of emailing them ? Anyone else here been through this process ?
Thanks

bah!

well ive had my monitor since 20dec
and it had 1 stuck pixel apart from that it had been fine until today where i also have found a black line going right throu the whole panel!!
any idea if it's fixable or am i going to have to send it back and if so
anyone know a procedure on how to send it im in the same boat prety much as the last person who has just posted
any info would be appreciated :)

This is now at a cheaper price than when everybody and their granny was willing to take a chance on the performance ... so now we know that it is a great performer I am just wondering if it is too fugly to be sitting next to my coolermaster cosmos.
Can we have some comments about how good or bad this Monitor looks like in the flesh please ... does it look better than the picture??

I'm considering buying one of these, seems a great price. One thing though, if it has a stuck/dead pixel or bad backlight bleed, can it simply be RMA'd for a replacement? or does it have to be returned under the DSA?

I'm considering buying one of these, seems a great price. One thing though, if it has a stuck/dead pixel or bad backlight bleed, can it simply be RMA'd for a replacement? or does it have to be returned under the DSA?

I think it needs to have atleast 7 dead pixels before it can be RMA'd. If it has bad backlight bleed, I think it will be easier to RMA but if you can't RMA, return it under the DSA :)

OK, my finger is hovering over the checkout button to buy one of these monitors. I've been reading some of this extremely long thread and it looks like this is just great value - especially as the price is now lower than some offers late last year.

I think I'll do it tonight and just look out for negative feedback today. incidentally, anyone who has had to RMA the product, how long was the turnaround to get a new one sent out to you?

Very Happy

Had this monitor getting on for 3 months now and its still Super Good. I ran a non compressed jpg of steam engines at the GDSF as a wallpaper across my two monitors. The same image on the Samsung SyncMaster 913B looked muddy and dull compared to this 24". OK they are running off the same video card but I get the same result if I use 2 graphic cards in the PCI express slots. Mine was on special offer from the first batch and has one stuck red pixel on the top LHS of the screen which normally doesn't show except on black. Great display, wide viewing angles (most important) for very low cost.

Back
Top Bottom