BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Finally! received my VA panel today, no dead pixels, and a great deal easier to look at than the TN panel one I had.

This is my third DGM 24" panel in just over a week! :o

1. Appeared to be VA, but it wouldn't run at native resolution (1920x1200) on the DVI port and it also had an annoying stuck pixel.

2. Replacement panel was TN, a shiny one, but it worked perfectly, no dead pixels, the viewing was reasonable for where I am using it currently, but the shiny layer was starting to hurt my eyes depending on the lighting.

3. Received my replacement for the above today, matt style surface so hopefully VA, viewing angles seem much better and the screen is much easier to look at. Appears to be no faulty pixels :)

Quite a lot of hassle, not OcUK's fault anyway, and it has all been sorted out in a week, so... :D

Soldato
i just got my replacement dgm panel and its shiney i guess meaning its a TN panel,
it seems to work ok but what makes the TN panel so bad over the other type?
and is it worth sending it baack to get a mat finish panel i initally payed over £220 pounds for?

Try it out for a day and see if you like it.

What you should be looking for is the poor viewing angle. So, try viewing the monitor at acute angles and see if the image quality drops significantly.

If at the end of the day you like what you have bought email OCUK and tell them you have a TN panel. Ask if they are willing to drop the price on the unit they have sent and give you a refund for the difference. If not then return it and get yourself a PVA panel.

Basically, the monitor they have sent you is being sold at a lower price in their B-grade section.

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

Just to repeat and confirm we have removed all the shiny/glossy TN based versions from stock and set them up under a new TN based model in our sales/clearance section, they are all new just opened boxes or ones returned unwanted from customers who ordered the VA panel version.

We are now 99.9% sure we have removed all the contanimated stock but as said if anyone gets a TN version we will get a VA version to you and cover the cost.

The 24" DGM is such a great panel that I have one on my work desk, its a huge improvement over the 226BW I was using, mainly because I need the viewing angles for the graphics work I do from time to time and really need a 1920x1200 desktop resolution to work with.

Soldato
I must say that this monitor does give off a lot of warmth. Its nice in the morning. :)

I actually pointed this out very early in the thread that the panel seems to give off an unusual amount of heat, but others said that they didnt experience this. Whats amazing is that heat is actually given off to the front of the monitor and not to the back (which is what you would expect normally).

Caporegime
I actually pointed this out very early in the thread that the panel seems to give off an unusual amount of heat, but others said that they didnt experience this. Whats amazing is that heat is actually given off to the front of the monitor and not to the back (which is what you would expect normally).

Yes it does seem like that with mine aswell.

Associate
question

well i called the support line and stated that i was happy with the TN panel it seems fine with no issues or problems,
however i did pay over £220 for my panel initially and when i called the support line and told them you where selling the TN panel at B grade price
they say they will not Refund me the diference in cost for my monitor,
only if i resend it back to OCUK again and then they will send me another panel that is not TN.
so bassicly i have 2 options
send it back again and have to wait for another replacement and have no pc use for over a week ..
or stick with the B grade one they sent and have payed way over the Odds for it
does this seem correct Gibbo?

Associate
Got my replacement this afternoon, it's a v3 and definiteley has a matt finish screen, far less reflective, viewing angles seem better, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed noticed, and no horizontal black lines !
Well happy :D

Associate
Got my replacement this afternoon, it's a v3 and definiteley has a matt finish screen, far less reflective, viewing angles seem better, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed noticed, and no horizontal black lines !
Well happy :D

yey :D :p

I'm just hoping I can claim my postage fees back as their collection times etc... were inconvenient.

Associate
Took forever get approved post in this forum!

I actually received one of the so called glossy ones sent it back as wasnt impressed with colour actually thought it might be backlight bleed and was surprised but not too shocked to hear it was a tn panel I jus thought get what u pay for,

Returned and refunded however was told no replacement stock at the time so had to pay twice and take time off work to be around collect it so not best..

However hopefully the one arriving on tues will be up to scratch 50 out of so many wonder what the odds were on receiving one ;) not been my lucky wk

Associate
There was a sticker on the inside of the panel that you can read through the vents above the VGA/DVI sockets.

Mine shows:

Manufactured: 06/33
Model: M240UW01 v.0
AU Oproni 08
Made in Taiwan M1

Here's some more info I posted earlier in the thread from the AU Optics site

Ok, now I'm in a bit of a pickle. My model shows: M240UW04 V.0 (note the W04 but it's V.0).

What is this - TN or PVA? The screen is matte, but the colours become slightly brighter/lighter towards the bottom. I'm really confused.

Soldato
Dont worry about this V0/V3 stuff. There is absolutely no correlation to suggest that the V0 is in anyway more reliable than the V3.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread the differences between the TN and PVA panels was illustrated well. Someone even did a sample video showing you want you should expect of this screen. I suggest you look for that video and see if it matches up to your own monitor.

The key here is, "Are you happy with it?" Forget what the rest think of it.

Also, how are you checking to see how the colours uniformity is?
Could you post some pictures, it might help us to comment on the quality of your monitor?

Soldato
well i called the support line and stated that i was happy with the TN panel it seems fine with no issues or problems,
however i did pay over £220 for my panel initially and when i called the support line and told them you where selling the TN panel at B grade price
they say they will not Refund me the diference in cost for my monitor,
only if i resend it back to OCUK again and then they will send me another panel that is not TN.
so bassicly i have 2 options
send it back again and have to wait for another replacement and have no pc use for over a week ..
or stick with the B grade one they sent and have payed way over the Odds for it
does this seem correct Gibbo?
Demand a refund, it was sold as having a 180/180 degree viewing angle VA panel, and you got a 160/160 TN.

Soldato
Has anyone had a 22"/24" samsung TN Panel like the 226bw/245B screens and gone to a Ocuk 24" screen ?

Id be interested to find out if you noticed detail/Imagine quality being any better or were they just similar ?

Thx

Associate
Has anyone had a 22"/24" samsung TN Panel like the 226bw/245B screens and gone to a Ocuk 24" screen ?

Id be interested to find out if you noticed detail/Imagine quality being any better or were they just similar ?

Thx

I went from a 226BW (AU panel manufacturer) to the OcUK TN, then to the OcUK PVA and I noticed that the Samsung seemed to be brighter, but then I haven't changed any of the settings on the OcUK screen yet...

Back
Top Bottom