BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Oh geeze, I'm so tempted to get one of these to use as a primary monitor, my 2 dell 2007WFPs will flank it in portrait left and right :cool:

What to do!

that sounds a meaty setup!

Hi there

You tried any games at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 for the guys here interested m8 on how well it scales?

I think what people want to know does the picture still look crisp and sharp when playing games at resolutions below the native resolution of 1920x1200, so does 1680x1050 look OK on this panel when gaming?

exactly what im after. As i dont think my setup can even run modern games now at the native res, let alone in the future!

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats OCuK policy on dead / stuck pixels?

I ordered my 19" monitor from another company and was gutted when I saw it had 2 "Stuck" pixels...Got one of them out but left with a bright green one on the right of the screen.

If I got one of thse monitors and it had 1 or 2 dead / stuck pixels would I be left in the preverbial **** or would there be someithng OCuK could do?

Associate
Until now it's only guessing, which type the panel is?

Can someone from OcUK confirm, if this is a S-PVA or P-MVA? If none of the available documentation specifies, either the supplier / manufacturer will have to be able to tell, or maybe just opening the case and identifying the panel may reveal this secret?

The price is very good even if it would be TN, but one likes to know what getting into... ;)

Caporegime
Hi there
Blah ;)

Looking great, I have a mate who's just about to buy a 22i" from an unnamed competitor for £220! :eek: alas, he only has vouchers of some kind in a Cheque book form, I doubt Oc/Uk accepts them ? (Gibbo, do you know if Oc accept any kind of vouchers? - He's here but can't recall the name of them) - A pity as he's got £500 worth!

Got to get myself one of these, pity Christmas is just around the corner..... :(:o

Ninga edit "High Street Vouchers", issued by a company called "Park".

Cheers. :)

Associate
Well, was gonna get the Iiyama Prolite 2001 but the price reduction for this weekend swung it.

Better be good :D

Saying that, I'm currently using a Hitachi 17" that's well over 4 years old and cost the princely sum of £381 back then. :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Hmm, having done some further research it seems the manufacturer uses two different panels (one having inferior... well, everything).

Can OcUK guarantee that it will be the better model?

http://www.iolair.fr/catalogue/MB24W.pdf

Hi there

Is there two models on that PDF?

If it helps narrow it down the OcUK one is definetely DVI. Its defintetely 180/180 viewing angles and is a 6ms response panel. I am still using one and I'd happily buy one or even two if I did not have a 30" DELL at home. :)

Associate
Hmm, having done some further research it seems the manufacturer uses two different panels (one having inferior... well, everything). Can OcUK guarantee that it will be the better model? http://www.iolair.fr/catalogue/MB24W.pdf
Looks like Digimate is not the OEM for this unit after all, as expected before (as they write in their company info: "Over the years, we have become direct agents for quality brand names...").

Anybody knows, who the original equipment manufacturer is? Most likely they have their own website, and some more info about this product.

Soldato
Hi there

Is there two models on that PDF?

If it helps narrow it down the OcUK one is definetely DVI. Its defintetely 180/180 viewing angles and is a 6ms response panel. I am still using one and I'd happily buy one or even two if I did not have a 30" DELL at home. :)
Can't be that one, says 300cd/m2 brightness. ;)

Soldato
Mines got speakers and DVI, its defo 6ms, i just come from a crt monitor [930SB 22"] and i cant see any ghosting an im quite picky when it comes to this as ive seen some horrid TFT performance before.

you can put the monitor on its back and still doesnt lose any colour or shading.

Soldato
TiZoR - do you have a blue-ray or hd-dvd player you could hook up to it to check for HDCP support?

Have you tested it on a fast FPS game?

I think I might just order one, at least if im not 100% happy I can send it back cant I?

Thanks

Caporegime
you can put the monitor on its back and still doesnt lose any colour or shading.

That's what I can't get over. I can barely see the front of this screen (I'm at such an extreme angle next to Gibbo) yet I can see everything on it and nothing looks washed out or 'faded'

When people start receiving these & word gets out it's gonna be a feeding frenzy :D

Back
Top Bottom