BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Sometimes it happens mate - sorry to hear that. Just drop OcUK a quick bell before close of play tonight and see what they say. It says on the page itself it has an onsite warrenty, so they should come and pick it up from you and deliver you a new one tomorrow...

Erm, it doesnt quite work like that with retailers.

OCUK will first arrange for it to be collected. Once the courier collects the old screen and OCUK are in possession of it, they will inspect it and confirm that it is defective. If it is, then a new screen should be dispatched.

Thanks, worth checking it out?

If you are into watching movies/videos, then absolutely. You can change pretty much any property of the image you care to think of.

You have a logo on the screen that you want to get rid of, it'll do it.

You want to scale the image on your PC before it goes out to your TV/PJ, it'll do it.

You want to change the colour, brightness, contrast etc of the image, it'll do it.

You want to blur or sharpen the image, it'll do it.

The list goes on.

Erm, it doesnt quite work like that with retailers.

OCUK will first arrange for it to be collected. Once the courier collects the old screen and OCUK are in possession of it, they will inspect it and confirm that it is defective. If it is, then a new screen should be dispatched.

Hello sunama, If OCUK do it this way then they must be one of the very few if any that do. All dealers/manufactures of monitors that I've had over the past 5 years deliver a new or replacement and pick up the old one at the same time.

My new gateway wide-screen [7 months old] developed a fault this morning, [Not wanting to go into standby when turning system off] and they are delivering a brand new monitor tomorrow morning and collecting this one at the same time. :)

You must understand that OCUK are a retailer, not a manufacturer. Manufacturers will directly ship out to you, no fuss, but retailers are much less likely to do this. Earlier in this thread I laid out a scenario -

1. customer buys monitor, fully paid for.
2. ocuk deliver it.
3. customer uses monitor for 1 day and everything is fine.
4. customer has idea - let me do an RMA, when they come and pick up the box, I will fill it with a brick or 2 and some bubble wrap. They will deliver the new screen and pick up the old one at the same time.
5. customer goes through with the plan and after the deliver is left with 2 fully functioning monitors. OCUK on the hand have a monitor box, full of bricks and bubble wrap, with no come-back (unless they want to go through the trouble of court action, etc, which a retailer wont bother with).

Now, larger monitor makers like Iiyama, for example, can do the delivery and pick-up strategy in one hit because they are larger and would be able to absorb any bad behaviour from customers. Moreover, they might also do this in the name of customer service and to retain customers who might stick with the Iiyama brand, simply because they have top-notch customer service.

So, for a smaller retailer, the 'drop off and pick up in one hit' strategy, is a very risky one.

Yes I can see your point sunama. Its a shame that a minority of people will or may act this way and make life difficult for honest customers. Although on the two previous occasions I have needed to return a monitor and I expect it will be the same tomorrow the faulty unit has been waiting at the side of the box for the courier to place inside and seal then both parties have to sign paperwork to confirm what is being exchanged.

It would make no difference of course if the monitor to be returned is not working at all and being without it for a couple of days would not cause hardship but on many occasions the faulty unit is still working to some standard and can at least be used until the exchange takes place, as is the case with mine.

I'll take this opportunity to wish you and all members who read this topic a very happy and trouble free Christmas and hope all your orders arrive on time. :)

Typical we pay full price for one as Gibbo said it will never be reduced again for a long time to come and a week later it's reduced on a special again. :(

Although on the two previous occasions I have needed to return a monitor and I expect it will be the same tomorrow the faulty unit has been waiting at the side of the box for the courier to place inside and seal then both parties have to sign paperwork to confirm what is being exchanged.

I think in your case, you will be getting the monitor swapped in one go. I presume this is direct from the manufacturer? If you bought new, from a (small) retailer, I'm not sure you would get that service.

I'll take this opportunity to wish you and all members who read this topic a very happy and trouble free Christmas and hope all your orders arrive on time. :)

And a Merry Christmas to you Mr djohn.

Typical we pay full price for one as Gibbo said it will never be reduced again for a long time to come and a week later it's reduced on a special again. :(

Hehehe. Yeah I paid the higher price, too, but I needed the monitor and would not have been able to wait an extra 2 weeks for this price cut.

Any way, it should boost sales and keep this monster thread alive. ;)

Guys, let's not get back onto moaning about price changes etc. Be grateful the price is down again for Christmas, Gibbo is doing his best for everyone! Back to discussion about the screen itself please :)

Guys, let's not get back onto moaning about price changes etc. Be grateful the price is down again for Christmas, Gibbo is doing his best for everyone! Back to discussion about the screen itself please :)

Exactly.

Mine is due today, but can`t use it until Saturday. I will post a mini review when I can assuming everything is OK.

You got your hands on one yet Baddass?

Back
Top Bottom