Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
Unsure where the Affleck love comes from, absolutely sucked as Batman. Terrible terrible actor.

Did you accidentally watch DareDevil (2003)?

Because Ben Affleck as Batman is the best we have had yet. Sorry Mr Bale & Mr Keaton, it is true. Worth noting that Mr Affleck has won awards for his acting (as well as writing and directing).

Man of Honour
Can't say I noticed much difference between Affleck and Bale's Batman - Affleck was a little less intense and maybe a little more range to the character but nothing earth shattering.

Soldato
Did you accidentally watch DareDevil (2003)?

Because Ben Affleck as Batman is the best we have had yet. Sorry Mr Bale & Mr Keaton, it is true. Worth noting that Mr Affleck has won awards for his acting (as well as writing and directing).

Personally I preferred Bale and would rather they had picked up where Nolan left off, that being said I think Affleck did a damn fine job, I just preferred Bale.

Soldato
I agree with the above. The Dark Knight storyline was good, but the Batman wasn't up to scratch. (and on the third he was wimping the whole film almost).

On the contrary Ben Affleck looks good as Bruce/Batman. Is brutal, kills people if he doesn't break them apart, and doesn't give a **** of what others think. And he has the size of the "true" Batman. Not half size........

Having watched tonight the BvS Ultimate on BR (watched the normal version on the cinema also), I stand firm. Affleck is a good Batman.

Lets hope any solo film going to be as brutal if not more than the BvS.

Please ensure that you fully star swearies. Thanks, EVH

Soldato
Batman isn't huge and does not kill people (apart from in some minor limited series arcs) so Bale was more "true" Batman than Afleck.

I do think Afleck is a good Batman mind.

Associate
Best scene in the movie was the Batman warehouse fight, which I always think of as the "Arkham Asylum" fight scene. You could easily say that the game influenced it! Makes me smile every time I watch that bit of the movie.

Don
Best scene in the movie was the Batman warehouse fight, which I always think of as the "Arkham Asylum" fight scene. You could easily say that the game influenced it! Makes me smile every time I watch that bit of the movie.
Yeah I thought the action scenes were really good up till the big baddie at the end which whilst still overly CGI, was far better than the previous Superman film.

Soldato
Didn't watch the film in the cinema but bought the ultimate edition. Enjoyed it for the most part. Ending was abit weak. Wonder woman just turns up for the fight with no real explanation. Was hoping for a marvel end credits slot, but alas nothing. Oh well ..... suicide Squad next

Soldato
OP
Didn't watch the film in the cinema but bought the ultimate edition. Enjoyed it for the most part. Ending was abit weak. Wonder woman just turns up for the fight with no real explanation. Was hoping for a marvel end credits slot, but alas nothing. Oh well ..... suicide Squad next ��

Suicide Squad has an end credit scene. :)

Soldato
I never watched the Theatrical version, but if the extended version is meant to be better, damn that must have been truly awful!

The only real bit I liked about the film was...Erm, Wonder Woman I suppose. She seems quite a cool character and the trailer for her film looks awesome too. Same with Aquaman in the JL trailer.

Affleck was very good too, Batman was badass, but a much poorer character than in Nolan's trilogy

Soldato
Batman isn't huge and does not kill people (apart from in some minor limited series arcs) so Bale was more "true" Batman than Afleck.

I do think Afleck is a good Batman mind.
How far back do you have to go in the comics when Bat's wasn't a big tall dude that looked like he could easily handle himself. I couldn't get passed how small Bale was as batman. That and the fight scenes left ot to be desired.

Soldato
How far back do you have to go in the comics when Bat's wasn't a big tall dude that looked like he could easily handle himself. I couldn't get passed how small Bale was as batman. That and the fight scenes left ot to be desired.

Batman is supposed to be 6 ft 2 inches. Christian Bale is a fraction under 6 foot, and Affleck is a fraction over 6ft 2 inches, so I doubt you can really tell the difference on screen. Bale's Batman looks like a full contact martial artist or UFC fighter, where Affleck looks like a bruiser who fights bears up mountains. Obviously the Nolan fight scenes were a stylistic choice for a younger Batman, whereas with Synder, we got to see the older, brutalist Batman of Dark Knight Returns.

Soldato
Batman is supposed to be 6 ft 2 inches. Christian Bale is a fraction under 6 foot, and Affleck is a fraction over 6ft 2 inches, so I doubt you can really tell the difference on screen. Bale's Batman looks like a full contact martial artist or UFC fighter, where Affleck looks like a bruiser who fights bears up mountains. Obviously the Nolan fight scenes were a stylistic choice for a younger Batman, whereas with Synder, we got to see the older, brutalist Batman of Dark Knight Returns.
I didn't see any of that in Bales Batd, UFC? Where? At best he did some boxing style stances, and that fight against Bane was cringe worthy. For being the big bruiser at least Afflecks had all kinds of agility and ability to use the environment, plus Afflecks just has that natural breadth. Affleck is 6'4 I believe.

Soldato
I didn't see any of that in Bales Batd, UFC? Where? At best he did some boxing style stances, and that fight against Bane was cringe worthy. For being the big bruiser at least Afflecks had all kinds of agility and ability to use the environment, plus Afflecks just has that natural breadth. Affleck is 6'4 I believe.

I'm talking about Bale's physical build versus Affleck's. Bale put a lot of muscle on for the role, but he's still got that agile, ninja origin. Affleck worked out too, but a lot of his bulk is the suit to represent the heavier, bruiser style of Batman. They way Nolan/Synder filmed their fight scenes also show that off very differently. It's two different interpretations of the character, both of which has been in the comics.

You're definitely not going to like Pattinson's Batman. He looks almost fey, he didn't bulk up at all for the role. The style looks more like a golden/silver age Batman.

Back
Top Bottom