Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
I always thought this could be an excellent storie arc for a movie. Someone old and rugged like Clint Eastwood when he was a bit younger and a more adult style could be amazing

Well they used the exact quote from it for the announcement, but obviously they cant have him THAT old, but by the sounds Affleck is playing an older more peed off Batman like in the comic, but taking ques from another ( including the heavy cloth suit that looks very cool), but cant remember the name of it.
Then BM working out when Clark would be weak after the Nuclear explosion etc etc that gave him a chance, but all that other stuff with the Mutants etc isnt going to work.

Soldato
That immediately annoyed me - the bad guys wore those suits but had powers straight away, and enough to beat Superman who had lived there for 33 years absorbing the sun's radiation. And there was no scene with the bad guys going "Oh sweet, I have superpowers now!", they just immediately started using them like it was completely normal.

This statement always bugs me..

Its clearly stated in the movie they are a warrior breed. Trained to within an inch of there lives to be the best. Hence they are able to adapt to any situation quickly and without too much fuss. Just like our military is trained to be.

This cannot be the only time that the Kryptonian military have encountered a world with a yellow sun as stated in the movie they expanded and conquered many planets, so they'd probably already know about yellow sun = super strength.

Associate
This statement always bugs me..

Its clearly stated in the movie they are a warrior breed. Trained to within an inch of there lives to be the best. Hence they are able to adapt to any situation quickly and without too much fuss. Just like our military is trained to be.

This cannot be the only time that the Kryptonian military have encountered a world with a yellow sun as stated in the movie they expanded and conquered many planets, so they'd probably already know about yellow sun = super strength.

That can't be true, because Zod is genuinely confused when his helmet is broken and he gets x-ray vision. Additionally, if they knew they would get powers, they would remove their suits to acclimatise and maximize their fighting ability.

Soldato
Not seen it posted anywhere, but the movie has been postponed 6 months, so a 2016 release. Theories abound as to why, but as they have the 3 pivots of the JL most seem to think it will be a JL movie now.

Permabanned
its postponed 10 months for the 2016 release.

This is a absolute joke to be honest, Marvel is going to have another 3 films out in that time space yet DC cant even get 1 movie together...

2016 is just too long to wait to be honest all of the fans are really annoyed.

Soldato
I'm actually happy they've postponed it. I know they cited the Ben Affleck leg inurgy but they probably saw all the comments about who they cast as wonder woman and wanted to have more time for Gal Gadot to fatten/bulk up to make her more convincing Wonder Woman. She now has time to do this so i'm a lot more hopeful

If they can make Gal look like this:
JaimieAlexanderThor2.jpg

Then we're onto a winner

Last edited:
Soldato
its postponed 10 months for the 2016 release.

This is a absolute joke to be honest, Marvel is going to have another 3 films out in that time space yet DC cant even get 1 movie together...

2016 is just too long to wait to be honest all of the fans are really annoyed.

Not that big a deal, few things could be reasons.
Affleck apparently has busted himself quite badly, if he's training to get into a good shape that can heavily scupper things.
The scheduled date was heavy with very large releases, on that alone I don't blame them.
Who cares what Marvel are doing?...whats that got to do with anything?...the characters arn't suddenly going to change overnight or anything.

Permabanned
2.5 years from now is a VERY long time to wait. Will the desire for Superhero films still be around then... Will the Solid Batman fans still be around who would have waited 4+ year to see Batman on screen again?

I think they have really screwed up, having Batman in this movie would have course boost sales hugely but is the wait too long..

Soldato
2.5 years from now is a VERY long time to wait. Will the desire for Superhero films still be around then... Will the Solid Batman fans still be around who would have waited 4+ year to see Batman on screen again?

I think they have really screwed up, having Batman in this movie would have course boost sales hugely but is the wait too long..

Well Marvel have films ( so far) planned right up to about 2020, so yea, Hero movies are still going to be big...even bigger by then.

Solid batman fans?....most so called fans started weaping and catching cancer cause Affleck was playing Batman, fans of Batman will watch it no matter when it comes out...and it might give them time to get a good screenplay together, for all we know Affleck laughed at the original script and is changing it...or we can hope..as i have little faith in Goyer.

Soldato
OP

2.5 years is nothing. There were 4yrs between the The Dark Knight and Rises! And that's only cos Nolan released a movie in between them.

Soldato
The gap between TDK and TDKR probably would have been three years, had Ledger not died. Although he (Nolan) did make Inception between them, he did make The Prestige between Batman Begins and TDK, which were three years apart. I don't think three years between Man of Steel and the sequel is that too much of a wait. Three years was pretty standard between sequels at one point, it just seem that some people have got used to studios churning blockbuster films out every two years now.

Even if you take fours years in to account, since the last time Batman made a cinematic appearance. Fours years to long to wait!!? Man, someone people must be impatient if they think that. People had to wait eight years after that pile of dung that was Batman and Robin, before Batman Begins came along; and for the people who liked Burton's films, it was an age to wait until Nolan came along with Batman Begins.

Soldato
Well was it fast when it started?

We had ironman... then it was awhile before we got the other, then it caught on, so they got about a year to get it going.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well was it fast when it started?

We has ironman... then it was awhile before we got the other, then it caught on, so they got about a year to get it going.

This right here!

And IIRC, Iron Man 2 was the ONLY Marvel Studios movie released in 2010! The first Iron Man movie along with Incredible Hulk both came out in 2008. Thor and Captain America in 2011!

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom