*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
I was a bit lukewarm on the beta at the start but it grew on me a bit more with what little time i spent on it! Will buy the base game at release if i can find a good price

Man of Honour
The gunplay and (small arms) weapon implementations didn't feel very world war 1 at all for me - felt more like the kinda of weird sci-fi/antique mix of the Starwars universe i.e. as seen in Battlefront. The map totally didn't gel with me but then that will always come down to personal preferences. What mainly killed it for me was seeing the same old tired Battlefield bugs, glitches and symptoms of half arsed programming and plainly not building on top of what they (should have) learnt from BF4.

Soldato
Battlefield maps are quite subjective normally. I particularly like Zavod on BF4 and loath Silk road, others feel the opposite.

I didn't dislike this map TBH, E flag was a bit too far out, but other than that I thought it had a good mix of infantry and vehicle potential.

Man of Honour
Battlefield maps are quite subjective normally. I particularly like Zavod on BF4 and loath Silk road, others feel the opposite.

I didn't dislike this map TBH, E flag was a bit too far out, but other than that I thought it had a good mix of infantry and vehicle potential.

A map like the beta one favours more Enemy Territory style assault objective modes IMO - especially conquest in BF4 works best on maps that have well linked up objectives with good paths for both foot and vehicle - the maps that have either badly linked up objectives or objectives that are only linked up well for either vehicle or foot but not both don't tend to be that great or like flood zone don't work to the best of their potential.

Associate
I agree, the gun play and weapon implementation didn't feel WW1 at all. Fire rates, reload times, accuracy, bullet velocity, hell many of those are faster/better than they were in BF4....

The map has been heavily debated, but I actually loved after learning it's layout. The isolation of E. The crater torn close quarter grit at C, and the alleyway fights at F were great, along with the dynamic weather and terrain damage.
Something about the map design actually felt realistic as opposed to deigned purely for gameplay balance like those boring symmetrical CSGO maps, which is a nice change.

I think it was a lot of great fun, amazing sound and graphics, but a fun-fiction of a WW1 theme, nothing really WW1 about it apart from the skins and textures.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I agree, the gun play and weapon implementation didn't feel WW1 at all. Fire rates, reload times, accuracy, bullet velocity, hell many of those are faster/better than they were in BF4....

The map has been heavily debated, but I actually loved after learning it's layout. The isolation of E. The crater torn close quarter grit at C, and the alleyway fights at F were great, along with the dynamic weather and terrain damage.

I think it was a lot of great fun, amazing sound and graphics, but a fun-fiction of a WW1 theme, nothing really WW1 about it apart from the skins and textures.

I agree with all of that.

Huge fun for me and the missus, but yeah not really representative of WW1 but then I ask myself, would I really want it to be? From what limited knowledge I have of WW1, it wouldnt exactly make for the most exciting combat (for my tastes anyway)

E was **** haha

Why I oughta ! *shakes fist*

E is my Fortress , great lines of sight to see people approaching over the sands, an AA gun and a Cannon , 2 defensable buildings , one of which has an additional gun on the roof and a horse spawn point for my beloved horseback killing sprees. Its my fort and you're not coming in !! :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bah, thought they would have given us to the end of today seeing as it was unplayable for a lot of hours due to the script kiddies :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Booooo, I was hoping they'd extend the beta to the weekend. Didn't they extend the SW Battlefront beta?

I quite enjoyed the beta, thought the map was good too. Had the most fun running round point C ramming through doors and jumping through windows yielding a shotgun. Point blank shooting those pesky, loser snipers that are too busy looking down a scope through a crack in the wall. I hate snipers, roll on the servers that disable the sniper class and weapons.

Back
Top Bottom