*** Battlefield 1 ***

Anyone know much about the battlecrates?
I have 2 so far and both have been weapons or weapon skins (im not 100% sure) how do i go about adding these in as i can see them in my inventory, do i need to unlock the guns first?

click customise, select the weapon that you have the skins for and then beside that there is a little button - once in there you have the settings for iron sights, recoil, zoom and visuals (skins)

I've just caved and bought this despite the fact i haven't really played any online FPS games in about 10 years. Since i'm basically going to be an entirely useless noob has anyone got any tips for me to try and get up to speed?

Thanks

I've just caved and bought this despite the fact i haven't really played any online FPS games in about 10 years. Since i'm basically going to be an entirely useless noob has anyone got any tips for me to try and get up to speed?

Thanks

Complete the single player first.

Some of the missions take you through the actual MP maps with simulated online gameplay (Italian maps come to mind first). That should give you an idea but MP will be tough.

Anyone else playing this on a 970gtx at 1440p?. IF so hows it performaing for you...FPS ??? and what graphics setting combo you using?

Had great performance on ALPHA. Stuttering mess last night on latest drivers with the retail version...

Im only on 1080p but the latest drivers also a mess for me so went back to 373.06 and plays much better...worth a try :o

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Not as keen on him now though, he has got far too big headed and the constant "get gud, get rekt, get ****ed" comments are annoying now but yeah when it comes to BF, I rather watch him over level, matimo and jack any day of the week :p

TBH the only ones I listen to now are marbleduck and ART (IAKAARTI).

marbleduck is a **** but he does know his stuff. Art is funny because we've played with him and he's mates with Patsy and Xin.

Edit: Battlenonsense is good in that he explains stuff in a way that marbleduck probably couldn't be bothered to.
Xfactor is an amusing troll but I wouldn't take many technical tips from him
Lvlcap and Jackfrags are misleading at best.

Edit2: Oh and anyone can look good in a highlights video.

Last edited:
tbh what many need to remember is you are doing two or three things at once when recording. so yes not all are great players but remember many will have lag input wise or concentrating on getting great gameplay while doing the shots.

i dont watch any of them who do battlefield and played with many of them :p

TBH the only ones I listen to now are marbleduck and ART (IAKAARTI).

marbleduck is a **** but he does know his stuff. Art is funny because we've played with him and he's mates with Patsy and Xin.

Edit: Battlenonsense is good in that he explains stuff in a way that marbleduck probably couldn't be bothered to.
Xfactor is an amusing troll but I wouldn't take many technical tips from him
Lvlcap and Jackfrags are misleading at best.

marbleduck just comes across to me like he is trying to get into EA/DICE's good books now in order to get all the free **** and trips :o :p

marbleduck just comes across to me like he is trying to get into EA/DICE's good books now in order to get all the free **** and trips :o :p

I get the impression he's had a lot of access to the devs involved in the weapon design and balance, so it's not completely impartial, but he's one of the few who actually understand how this stuff works. His arguments are technical not emotional, mostly..

Battlenonsence however gets quite emotional. The number of times he's ranted about "getting shot around corners"...

Either you have the COD system where a bullet arrives in a straight line at the target the moment it's been fired, or you have a projectile based system where LAG comes into play for hit reg. You can reduce the effects of lag but not eliminate them.

well.......my K/D last night would have been like 4 or 5 as I was super into it and had good squads.

However, due to the mess of my original plays on MP, my k/d is only 0.7 lol!!

Automatico M1918 trench - that's what I got last night.

Has anyone had the freezing/stuttering problem and managed to rectify it? I have tried everything that has been suggested on other forums but cant seem to get it to stop. I upgraded my GPU drivers which has not stopped it soundling like a jet engine trying to take off but still freezing.

I have an issue where the frames crash every now and again and it feels like it stutters a bit for a few seconds. Happens very rarely though. Is that similar to what you're experiencing?

I get stuttering whilst moving about and putting gas mask on in heavy smoke. I'm on Windows 10, latest nvidia drivers, cpu at 4.2ghz 16GB of RAM and using DX11 and still happens :confused::(

I get the impression he's had a lot of access to the devs involved in the weapon design and balance, so it's not completely impartial, but he's one of the few who actually understand how this stuff works. His arguments are technical not emotional, mostly..

Battlenonsence however gets quite emotional. The number of times he's ranted about "getting shot around corners"...

Either you have the COD system where a bullet arrives in a straight line at the target the moment it's been fired, or you have a projectile based system where LAG comes into play for hit reg. You can reduce the effects of lag but not eliminate them.

Oh yeah no doubt his points are most likely factually correct but his "opinions" on them come across as very bias especially the debate about the new gun mechanics in bf 1, I can see his point but he is in a very very very small minority of people who like the new system and in his opinion, he thinks it was all done in order to increase the "skill ceiling" (very surprising coming from a symthic player....) but in my eyes as well as many others, the new system was primarily done for console controller users and the "casuals"

Can't say getting shot around corners has been that much of an issue in bf 4 tbh, in bf 3 and bc 2, it was pretty bad though...

Back
Top Bottom