*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
I think MS going for Battlefield and allowing Sony to have a deal for early DLC on CoD games is very smart going from all of the reaction to the new games. Might be interested in getting this, although I'll probably give it a month before getting it. Seems refreshing to go back to earlier warfare for games as it gives us a 'wider spread' within the genre.

Those interested in CoD 4 remastered.. nostalgia sake yes, but why don't you just fire the original up? (although I have no idea if the remastered is on PC and should probably aim it at a more relevant thread :p)

Permabanned
I think it appalling that not only are a games company going to make money off the back of the unmitigated human catastrophe that was the first World War, but that people will even enjoy playing it.

I recommend anyone who wants to play this listens to Dan Carlin's historical podcast series "Blueprint for Armageddon", a brief and engaging history of the war - if they can enjoy the game after that then they are messed up.
http://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-50-blueprint-for-armageddon-i/

This is entertainment not education. You'd be surprised how many dumb ****s there in society that complain why are there coloured people in WW1/2 games? Maybe if they took some of the information from BF1 like the "Harlem Hellfighters" it would open their mind and give them some knowledge.

Man of Honour
I think it appalling that not only are a games company going to make money off the back of the unmitigated human catastrophe that was the first World War, but that people will even enjoy playing it.

I recommend anyone who wants to play this listens to Dan Carlin's historical podcast series "Blueprint for Armageddon", a brief and engaging history of the war - if they can enjoy the game after that then they are messed up.
http://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-50-blueprint-for-armageddon-i/

It is something that over many years of gaming I've mentally debated with myself from time to time - I've found a certain duality in it - as it brings into focus the stupidity and tragic losses of war and a certain amount of remembrance and respect for those who have fought (and died) believing they are doing it for the right reasons, etc. but at the same time I realise that I'm playing because of an interest in the hardware, mechanics and atmosphere of war and not because I've any interest in killing or causing suffering - unlike something like a "rape" simulator or games like Hatred where the core principles are about causing suffering to someone regardless of how you dress it up.

(EDIT: Wish I could articulate it better).

Last edited:
Caporegime
there will obviously be a open beta in september has been for last 4/5 years .

hopefully alpha for those selected in june / july.

after i have tried it then i will buy it.

Soldato
I'll give it a chance with gameplay videos and beta if possible. I'm not sold on it at all atm, in the end though it doesn't matter what graphics or setting a game has if it's fun it's fun, how many hours have I spent playing cookie clicker! Piloting battleships sounds like fun.

I still feel like 2142 would have been a better route to go as long as they did it right, the original 2142 was still very gritty and very bf. Maybe next time.

Soldato

Verdun does WWI very well imo. The way it works, with one side going over the top and the other defending the trenches, gives you a better sense of how horrible war can be than Battlefield's Hollywood style.

The BF1 trailer looks horrendous. I imagine this will be like Far Cry Primal, where they pick an interesting setting but put no thought into it whatsoever.

Soldato
Q. Did BF4 look amazing in it's trailer... A. Yes
Q. Does this trailer look amazing... A. Yes
Q. Does DICE normally make great promo stuff... A. Yes
Q. Have the past few games been awful... A. Yes
Q. Is the Zeppelin likely to be on rails... A. Yes
Q. Can you feel my apprehension about the game... A Probably

Soooooo despite it looking great, for me it's CU at alpha / beta and ignore anything Leveltwat or Fatfactor says.

Soldato
OP
spot on Joe, all things ppl just can't get their heads around. I just laugh so much at all the numpties ZOMG AMAZING, RIP COD blah blah. Don't people learn anything. Get ready for the Ronku retards to start hyping the game to make sure they get their paydays, just like SWBF, BFHL.

And at £65 quid, you've gotta have a lot missing in your head to pre-order just because of a flashy video.

Soldato
spot on Joe, all things ppl just can't get their heads around. I just laugh so much at all the numpties ZOMG AMAZING, RIP COD blah blah. Don't people learn anything. Get ready for the Ronku retards to start hyping the game to make sure they get their paydays, just like SWBF, BFHL.

And at £65 quid, you've gotta have a lot missing in your head to pre-order just because of a flashy video.

Agreed on this, no preoredinos before some hands on beta for sure.
Also GTX 1080 YAY !

Back
Top Bottom