Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a special server to unlock the Xbow

just play some scavenger and swap sides until your on the decent team. Alternatively bring your mates along with you to the server and make sure youre the decent team.

You only need 3 game wins of scavenger.

Agree. But this server just get's you it quicker, under 10 minutes.

Having had a small brake from this game, I'm loving it again.

Although I am a bit bewildered by the weapons and attachements, so much of them... have no idea what works or not.

Whats the best LMG to use with attachements?

What about engineer?

---

Side note the latest Nvidia beta's are very good drivers for BF3.

Last edited:
Assault Class Use the M16 or M416
Engineer, use the M4A1
Support, M249 is great for using Hand Held and running and gunning. For laying down and giving good supressive fire use the M240B.

as for what attachments do

Laserpointer decreases aimed accuracy but increases hip fire accuracy
Flash Suppressor reduces vertical recoil
Foregrip reduces horizontal recoil
Supressor decreases range, but obviously makes it quieter
Heavy Barrel increases range.

So there is no need to use the foregrip on low recoil guns like the M416 and M4, but is good for high side to side recoil guns like the F2000 and AEK. Tac light does nothing other than blind your opponent, and only use the laser pointer if you are playing close range and want to hip fire opponents (ie Say metro, Laserpointer won't get much use on maps like Firestorm)

Last edited:
Having had a small brake from this game, I'm loving it again.

Although I am a bit bewildered by the weapons and attachements, so much of them... have no idea what works or not.

Whats the best LMG to use with attachements?

What about engineer?

---

Side note the latest Nvidia beta's are very good drivers for BF3.

http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-charts

Assault Class Use the M16 or M416
Engineer, use the M4A1
Support, M249 is great for using Hand Held and running and gunning. For laying down and giving good supressive fire use the M240B.

as for what attachments do

Laserpointer decreases aimed accuracy but increases hip fire accuracy
Flash Suppressor reduces vertical recoil
Foregrip reduces horizontal recoil
Supressor decreases range, but obviously makes it quieter
Heavy Barrel increases range.

So there is no need to use the foregrip on low recoil guns like the M416 and M4, but is good for high side to side recoil guns like the F2000 and AEK. Tac light does nothing other than blind your opponent, and only use the laser pointer if you are playing close range and want to hip fire opponents (ie Say metro, Laserpointer won't get much use on maps like Firestorm)

Thanks for this.

For the M4A1 engineer class, do you use forgrip and heavy barrel?

Assault class, you say dont bother with foregrip? what about heavy barrel?

Im currently using the M249 but havent unlocked sights yet. The saw is good, but I find it inaccurate.

Last edited:
Assault class - M416/M16/AUG/AEK - Kobra + HB. Foregrip NEVER needed on these guns except if you can't control the AEK (drag down right).

Engi class - ACW-R - Kobra + HB. You may want to attach a bipod if you find yourself using this as long range (for which it is excellent). Never attach a foregrip as it doesn't have horizontal recoil and foregrip nerfs aimed fire at range which this excells at.

Support - L86A2/ M27 - Kobra + HB. These are the best mobile LMG's. 240b / PKP - Kobra / PSA 3.4 + Bipod + extended. For holding down an area.

Recon..........if you are using anything more than a 3.4x scope you're doing it wrong! Recon not 1337sn1p3r.

M4A1 doesnt need foregrip its so low recoil.

Always use heavy barrel if you intend on engaging targets at long distance. So it depends on the map.

For running in and around the crates of Noshahr canls i'd probably take the laserpointer and hipfire. But for wide open spaces of Firestorm i'd use the Heavy Barrel.

Assault class - M416/M16/AUG/AEK - Kobra + HB. Foregrip NEVER needed on these guns except if you can't control the AEK (drag down right).

Engi class - ACW-R - Kobra + HB. You may want to attach a bipod if you find yourself using this as long range (for which it is excellent). Never attach a foregrip as it doesn't have horizontal recoil and foregrip nerfs aimed fire at range which this excells at.

Support - L86A2/ M27 - Kobra + HB. These are the best mobile LMG's. 240b / PKP - Kobra / PSA 3.4 + Bipod + extended. For holding down an area.

Recon..........if you are using anything more than a 3.4x scope you're doing it wrong! Recon not 1337sn1p3r.

L86 / ACW-R is part of the Close Quarters Expansion, so you won't be able to use these unless you buy it or have Premium. Worth mentioning.

Anyone else having extreme lag, rubber banding and dire hit detection?

Ever since the Origin servers went down last week I've not been able to a have a single decent game. Players just teleport, run in the same spot, players get stuck whilst firing, running causes rubber banding.

Also I get this symbol far too often:

bf3_2012_12_17_15_06_01_439_zpsd5ab6438.png

Other games work fine online. I'm on BT Infinity 75Mb Down, 15Mb Up.

Anyone else having extreme lag, rubber banding and dire hit detection?

Ever since the Origin servers went down last week I've not been able to a have a single decent game. Players just teleport, run in the same spot, players get stuck whilst firing, running causes rubber banding.

Also I get this symbol far too often:

bf3_2012_12_17_15_06_01_439_zpsd5ab6438.png

Other games work fine online. I'm on BT Infinity 75Mb Down, 15Mb Up.

I'm on infinity too and havent had any issues.

Isnt battlelog down for maintenance today?

It was down for an hour in the morning and there was an update. Doesn't seem to have fixed anything. :(

I've rebooted my modem and router already. I have the Asus RT56U is there any setting which I can tinker with to stop the lag?

If I ring India (I mean BT) they'll just tell me to do generic checks and run a speedtest which is showing good speeds atm.

It was down for an hour in the morning and there was an update. Doesn't seem to have fixed anything. :(

I've rebooted my modem and router already. I have the Asus RT56U is there any setting which I can tinker with to stop the lag?

If I ring India (I mean BT) they'll just tell me to do generic checks and run a speedtest which is showing good speeds atm.

Probably not.

Try a different server perhaps?

I really hate the XBow. So many times I've shot people in the head with the HE dart, only to find I took them 60% health. **** or what.

Finally got my 5 kills to get the Archery 101 dog tag, but I happy to say I'll not be using it ever again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom