Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really annoying when you're 40 kills-20 deaths into a CQ conquest, then you get disconnected from EA online. Had that a few times recently.

Same! It's the only real issue that i've had that can't be sorted straight away..I was on 52-12 on caspian the other day (Inf) and them bam..disconnected from EA online.

Oh that and as their current server builds are so dodgy they keep crashing our server :mad:

Really annoying when you're 40 kills-20 deaths into a CQ conquest, then you get disconnected from EA online. Had that a few times recently. Randomly my mate is getting really bad lag spikes. He'll go from 19ms, up to 700-800ms for no apparent reason. You can see him rubber-banding and warping all over the place for a few minutes, then he'll return back to normal.

I have this constantly :(

Tbh, the game is a joke at present, (hasnt ever been great really). It lags like hell, it disconnects you from games, it freezes more often than the arctic circle. It's not even a good looking game (when it works). Once you do get into a round, it's the most unbalanced game ever. No way whatsoever to take out air vehicles. The stinger/igla are a waste of a slot on the engineer class.

Tbh, the game is a joke at present, (hasnt ever been great really). It lags like hell, it disconnects you from games, it freezes more often than the arctic circle. It's not even a good looking game (when it works). Once you do get into a round, it's the most unbalanced game ever. No way whatsoever to take out air vehicles. The stinger/igla are a waste of a slot on the engineer class.

lol your ISP must be rubbish then because ive havent had a disconnect for days and zero lag. You cant say a game is rubbish just because you have connection issues, when the vast majority of players are fine with it :rolleyes:

I find taking down aircraft quite easy. Stationary and mobile AA makes it extreme easy (especially with rocket upgrade to mobile AA, twin rocket FTW!). Also try locking onto an aircraft with stinger and waiting whilst holding the lock. Sometimes they panic and fire the flares before the missile is fired. You can wait a few seconds and then fire the rocket. The other way is to fire and fire again immediately afterwards. Use the explosive upgrade which gives you lots more rockets.

So I've not played BF3 in months (wasn't all that impressed with AK and lost interest). Now I hear Aftermath is out and it's updating now, so I might give the game a go this afternoon. Any good?

If you turn off UPNP in your router, then it may disconnect a whole lot less. This plagued me for months till I found the solution.

Finally started playing this, what a game! Wish I had got in gear sooner. I ahve the main game and bark to karkand, do I need to get the other packs Aftermath/Armoured Kill/Close quarters? And if so what/where's cheapest for them?

Lag/connection issues will either be your end or your choice of server

Not good looking? Are you nuts? It's the best looking modern shooter on the market right now.

Air vehicles can be dealt with if you play with people who know what they are doing. SOFLAM/Javelin team is a surefire way to screw air units.

So I've not played BF3 in months (wasn't all that impressed with AK and lost interest). Now I hear Aftermath is out and it's updating now, so I might give the game a go this afternoon. Any good?

Hell yes Daia, awesome fun as Inf. If you play as a sqd you can really get stuff done, however if you go solo there are far too many places to get picked off from.

Finally started playing this, what a game! Wish I had got in gear sooner. I ahve the main game and bark to karkand, do I need to get the other packs Aftermath/Armoured Kill/Close quarters? And if so what/where's cheapest for them?

Grab premium, should be able to get it for about £20......then come say hello on cq247.co.uk, jump on our TS and have some good ol teamplay...(many other good clans / communities on here)

On teamspeak this game comes alive. Any time my squad is all on TS together we usually end up top squad and all of us in the top 5-6 ever round. A few times we've been top four players, ace squad and round winners. You can see it yourself. Most games, if there's a clan on they're doing well and you just know they're on TS together.

Hell yes Daia, awesome fun as Inf. If you play as a sqd you can really get stuff done, however if you go solo there are far too many places to get picked off from.

Grab premium, should be able to get it for about £20......then come say hello on cq247.co.uk, jump on our TS and have some good ol teamplay...(many other good clans / communities on here)

Cheers dude will do. Currently premium is £31.99 on origin. Is that the only place to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom