Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Still near impossible to find a decent server to play this game on, just about any pub has heavily skewed teams where its a literal rape fest for one team and you end up losing literally by hundreds of tickets.:rolleyes:

Still don't get why servers don't have more plugins to prevent this, after 1 or 2 rounds of that crap it just seems pointless playing.

Art

Art

Associate
Some do but then you end up being split from your mates during the shuffle so you go elsewhere. It's very difficult to get right.

This. One of the CQ24/7 servers has a very aggressive autobalancer on to try and stop the stacking but we get a constant stream of "OMFG why'd u move me?!"

People don't like stacked teams, but people also don't like being moved. Can't have it both ways.

Caporegime
This. One of the CQ24/7 servers has a very aggressive autobalancer on to try and stop the stacking but we get a constant stream of "OMFG why'd u move me?!"

People don't like stacked teams, but people also don't like being moved. Can't have it both ways.

Prefer being moved to a totally 1 sided game where 1 side is over-run within a couple of minutes. The amount of servers with teams winning by 200-300 points is farcical.

Soldato
Two things really **** me off on BF3. Firstly the entire AK expansion pack as its just awful. If you arent an engineer or in a vehicle, you are rendered completely useless. Secondly is people who jump teams when they are losing. It heavily skews teams towards winning by even a larger margin and most servers don't seem to have an autobalancing mod thats aggressive enough to combat it. Just lost a game by over 1000 tickets, on a 1500 ticket match! My entire team was utterly useless and we ended up getting spawn camped on bandar desert...

Caporegime
"sigh" another game ruined by the no life pilot brigade, you know when things are taking the **** when 2 jet monkeys are up over 50 kills a piece with about 5 deaths between them. :rolleyes:

Now I remember why I stopped playing this 8 months back, if its not stacked teams its the ocd brigade that make it incredibly tedious.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Two things really **** me off on BF3. Firstly the entire AK expansion pack as its just awful. If you arent an engineer or in a vehicle, you are rendered completely useless. Secondly is people who jump teams when they are losing. It heavily skews teams towards winning by even a larger margin and most servers don't seem to have an autobalancing mod thats aggressive enough to combat it. Just lost a game by over 1000 tickets, on a 1500 ticket match! My entire team was utterly useless and we ended up getting spawn camped on bandar desert...

Its one of those games you either have a good game, or a horribly skewed one, and more often than not your team ends up getting completely pumped, in my experience at least. Its rare that I have a game I enjoy.

When its fun there's nothing like it, but those games are few and far between, you're lucky if you get 1 decent game out of every ten. Gets old fast.

Soldato
"sigh" another game ruined by the no life pilot brigade, you know when things are taking the **** when 2 jet monkeys are up over 50 kills a piece with about 45 deaths between them. :rolleyes:

Now I remember why I stopped playing this 8 months back, if its not stacked teams its the ocd brigade that make it incredibly tedious.

Don't hate on people for putting time and effort into something then being good at it... also 50 kills and the deaths u stated doesn't sound like they are good at all.. the so called OCD brigade wouldn't die in jets unless it was a ram crashing etc.

Plus a little tip for you... don't play on fast respawn servers!

Caporegime
Don't hate on people for putting time and effort into something then being good at it... also 50 kills and the deaths u stated doesn't sound like they are good at all.. the so called OCD brigade wouldn't die in jets unless it was a ram crashing etc.

Plus a little tip for you... don't play on fast respawn servers!

The 45 was a typo, was more like 5 a piece. And putting "time and effort" into a game with serious issues just strikes me as pointless. The amount of servers out there with teams having consistent landslide victories suggests to me something is seriously ****ed up with this game, its rare that a game goes to the wire in my experience and more likely that one team gets totally obliterated. "James J" experience above is pretty much typical of the vast majority of servers, you get the occasional good server where things are kept in check, but if they're full its either don't play, or play and more than likely get hammered by laughable amounts.

Roll on Battlefield 4, more of the same 1 sided crap more than likely.

Last edited:
Associate
I always just check out the squad screen and count up the amount of snipers. If there's loads I just leave and find another server. No point playing Caspian or Firestorm etc with 18 snipers and 4 engies. Played a 3000 ticket Firestorm last night and we got capped out pretty early but it was a long match and people came and went and we ended up winning by 150 odd iirc. Some of these 400 ticket servers are just too quick to really get into the swing of things

Soldato
The 45 was a typo, was more like 5 a piece. And putting "time and effort" into a game with serious issues just strikes me as pointless. The amount of servers out there with teams having consistent landslide victories suggests to me something is seriously ****ed up with this game, its rare that a game goes to the wire in my experience and more likely that one team gets totally obliterated. "James J" experience above is pretty much typical of the vast majority of servers, you get the occasional good server where things are kept in check, but if they're full its either don't play, or play and more than likely get hammered by laughable amounts.

Roll on Battlefield 4, more of the same 1 sided crap more than likely.

Try different servers or just play better.

If jets are screwing you over then do something about it.

Soldato

This. You can't please everyone nor can you make people play the objective! We run the MultiBalancer on our Metro server, yes it might seem a little aggressive at times but the settings have been changed to make it less so. It results in some very good matches imo. I think it is far better than having one team that is baseraping for most of the match.

Soldato
If you have friends who play the game, then get them all attacking the Jet, if not, then join a no ticket server and learn how to pilot, then you can take what you've learned to a full server.

Soldato
"sigh" another game ruined by the no life pilot brigade, you know when things are taking the **** when 2 jet monkeys are up over 50 kills a piece with about 5 deaths between them. :rolleyes:

problem you have is most players arn't interested in having a good game, just winning at all costs, that's why you have all the hackers/glitchers/side stackers.

lost count of the number of times the one side has bashed the other side by loads of tickets, to get "good game" from the winning side, just pure muppetry at its best.

doesn't help that ea/dice couldn't develop a decent side balancing system to save there lives, might take a bit longer for the map to start, but to have the sides evenly balanced at the start of the game would help no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom