Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
ill link some servers when i get home tonight which are well adminned and have some top players on there.. and u dont get this landslide rape ur on about.. tbh i havent come accross a server like that for ages.. if it happens me Fallen rainbow etc swap teams and always turn it around.

we joined this server last night 700 RU tickets to 250 US

have a guess who won>?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/63553072/285727148/

Well considering you were on one last night for the most part id say you've been on one quite recently. And im not sure how you don't manage to come across these servers, just from looking at the server browser its easy to see servers with 400+ ticket differential.

Soldato
Well considering you were on one last night for the most part id say you've been on one quite recently. And im not sure how you don't manage to come across these servers, just from looking at the server browser its easy to see servers with 400+ ticket differential.

Lol wot? I didn't get home from work until 3:45am loaded up ts3 seen fallen was playing and that Russian server was only one that was full so we joined it...

Thing is with me I search for servers with lots of 100s on then I join when the map changes..

give me TFU server up then..

Caporegime
Lol wot? I didn't get home from work until 3:45am loaded up ts3 seen fallen was playing and that Russian server was only one that was full so we joined it...

Thing is with me I search for servers with lots of 100s on then I join when the map changes..

give me TFU server up then..

So you were still on a server where it was a landslide for one team for the majority of the match? yes.

Associate
If you can link some decent manned servers, I'd be pleased to join and tag along. Not a great deal of my mates play BF3 so would be cool to play somewhere with some regular faces. I cannot find a server as discussed, that isn't consistently one sided either way.

Caporegime
3D spotting, nuff said.

Bugger all to do with that, more to do with the fact that servers don't scramble teams enough to have a decent game.

It amazes me the amount of **** players spout when playing this game, shoot down a jet chimp with an LAV and apparently you're a "camping noob that's not playing properly"? WTF? The anti air systems in this game are laughable enough as it is, aa missiles are virtually useless so chain gunning a jet to the ground is a "noob tactic"? Are jets only allowed to be shot down by other jets?

Complete joke, dice basically gave in to the air jockeys and made aa weaponry for the most part useless. Stingers should be much more lethal than what they are but dice made them far too slow moving, slow to lock on, crap lock on range and put ecm into the game that's meant to stop lock ons but also doubles as flares. And the nerfing was all to do with the crying In the first few days of the game when people were still in the process of getting flares etc, and were being shot down quite frequently by stingers.

Then dice went into "balance" mode with their patches, 1 patch seen stingers totally broken, the next seen them easily out-turned by jets, the next nerfed their lock on range to the comparable size of a gnats ****, and after that they sort of made them how they were at launch but by that point they had ignored looking at ECM on aircraft and they've been all but useless since.

Funny to say but looking back I had much more fun in bad company 2 where air power was limited and it was ground power that won most maps. If you're rolling around in a tank in this game you might as well have flashing lights or a sign up waiting to be shot to **** by rocket pods.

Caporegime
3d spotting makes a huge difference when you're in a jet. Flying over the battlefield and not seeing little red triangles, especially on a map like Caspian Border makes shooting ground targets very difficult. Little people are difficult to see from up high.

Caporegime
Here's a question for those that have played BC2 and BF3, why is it the scale of things in BC2 seems so much better? You play 1 then the other its like everything in BF3 has been miniaturised so they can make the maps bigger, which in game is hard to notice seeing as everything's been scaled to suit. Its only after playing BC2 you start to notice it, BF3 soldiers look like little oompa loompas almost, and the vehicles also seem pretty small.

Soldato
that's fine if your a good player, problem is that quite often the sides are so inbalanced thats nigh on impossible to do for your average player :(.

unfortunately that's few and far between for players that can actually make a difference :(, so congrats.

Anyone can swing the match by playing the objective.

Playing Seine crossing myself and we were losing with all objective capped by opposite team. I managed to get across and take A myself whilst everyone else was busy. Got that and swiftly took B once others had spawned on me and fought onto C and capped that. Game swung our way that point and we managed to hold out.

I'm not particularly great at this game either, do OK but not amazing:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/PaulyDuk/stats/490596753/

Associate
Played on the CQ247 servers last night and best I've found so far. Never played hardcore before and I found it made the games much more enjoyable and seemed to attracting better players.

Swapped from xbox to Pc and still getting to grips with mouse and keyboard again, but making Ok progress I think.

Soldato
Played on the CQ247 servers last night and best I've found so far. Never played hardcore before and I found it made the games much more enjoyable and seemed to attracting better players.

Swapped from xbox to Pc and still getting to grips with mouse and keyboard again, but making Ok progress I think.

Good to hear. :)

Associate
Can anyone offer me some advice regarding performance?

I've got an 3570k @ 4.2Ghz with 8GB Ram and 2GB Radeon 7850 and find fps is around 50 on conquest maps but falls to low 40s in places. Have settings as default Ultra in game and haven't changes anything in CCC.

Playing at 1600x1050 on 13.4 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom