Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any Origin/EA discount codes floating about at the moment? More than happy to preorder on Origin for early Beta access but as people have said, £40 is quite rich when it can be had for ~£28 elsewhere!

then get it from elese where, do you really need to access the beta 48 hours before it goes open to public ?

Are there any Origin/EA discount codes floating about at the moment? More than happy to preorder on Origin for early Beta access but as people have said, £40 is quite rich when it can be had for ~£28 elsewhere!

I was wondering this as well. I'd read on the internet that Origin were giving out 25% discount codes on people's birthdays so I set up a dummy account two days ago with my birthday as today.

No email as yet though but I'm wondering if I've did it too quickly and not left enough time to be added to their mailing list. :(

Also Google 'Coke Zone'. You can get a £10 voucher for Origin with 20 points which isn't hard to collect. I think you can get 11 points just by signing up and doing their surveys.

Please PM me if you're gonna sign up though so I can refer you. That way, I'll get 20 points when you hit your target. :)

You people have been ruined by Steam sales.

It's £40 for goodness sake, it's not a rehash of an old franchise, it's not a 10 hour single player game with multiplayer tacked on, it's a brand new game on a brand new engine featuring some immensely clever technology that a lot of developers and designers spent a long time creating.

Most of you will spend about 2000 hours playing it and not give the price another thought once you've hit 'Join game' for the first time.

If you're really bothered about cost, grab the retail copy, miss 48 hours of beta & risk late delivery. The digital download option is there for convenience, which comes at a price.

You people have been ruined by Steam sales.

It's £40 for goodness sake, it's not a rehash of an old franchise, it's not a 10 hour single player game with multiplayer tacked on, it's a brand new game on a brand new engine featuring some immensely clever technology that a lot of developers and designers spent a long time creating.

Most of you will spend about 2000 hours playing it and not give the price another thought once you've hit 'Join game' for the first time.

If you're really bothered about cost, grab the retail copy, miss 48 hours of beta & risk late delivery. The digital download option is there for convenience, which comes at a price.

Agree with you on this.

I was wondering this as well. I'd read on the internet that Origin were giving out 25% discount codes on people's birthdays so I set up a dummy account two days ago with my birthday as today.

No email as yet though but I'm wondering if I've did it too quickly and not left enough time to be added to their mailing list. :(

They send those randomly on your birthday, might get one or might not get one. I've never gotten one, having used EA Store for I think 3 years now. And it's actually 10€ off (so I assume 10£ in UK?).

But I'm jealous about those coke zone vouchers. There's never been anything like that going on with the Finnish EA Store. Actually I don't think they have ever had any promotions going on. Meanwhile in US they keep promoting the site every other week, having huge sales constantly.

The digital download option is there for convenience, which comes at a price.

The digital download copy should be there for low cost, not convenience. It takes most people less time to go into town (and even less to have a copy drop on your doormat on the day of release whilst you are at work) than it does to download a 3Gb game anyway, and with a digital download you get less product, delivered in a far cheaper way, with far less overheads.

Everything about digital distribution, from the lack of a box, manual, etc etc to the lack of retail stores, distrubution networks, is low cost. Except the price.

Therefore I always buy retail boxed products, partly because I prefer to get more and have a nice box for my shelf but also partly because I strongly disagree with the pricing models.

Digital Distrubution has allowed companies like EA to slash cost and at the same time, hike price. And you all lap it up. No wonder they do it - supply and demand.

Walkerie - obvious troll is obvious.

Steam is good for people that can't own a DVD without scratching it or losing it and sometimes there are some great sales for old / lesser known games. Apart from that I can't really see the advantage.

[TW]Fox;19804582 said:
The digital download copy should be there for low cost, not convenience. It takes most people less time to go into town (and even less to have a copy drop on your doormat on the day of release whilst you are at work) than it does to download a 3Gb game anyway, and with a digital download you get less product, delivered in a far cheaper way, with far less overheads.

Everything about digital distribution, from the lack of a box, manual, etc etc to the lack of retail stores, distrubution networks, is low cost. Except the price.

Therefore I always buy retail boxed products, partly because I prefer to get more and have a nice box for my shelf but also partly because I strongly disagree with the pricing models.

Digital Distrubution has allowed companies like EA to slash cost and at the same time, hike price. And you all lap it up. No wonder they do it - supply and demand.

The flip side to that though is the files have to be hosted on servers/sans and distributed through high speed lines all of which cost money to implement and maintain.

The flip side to that though is the files have to be hosted on servers/sans and distributed through high speed lines all of which cost money to implement and maintain.

depends on the distribution method, Blizzards makes use of Peer-to-Peer techs thus passes some distribution costs on to their customers

and even EA's way it should still be significantly less cost involved then printing warehousing and the full logistics support required with retail/brick and mortar stores, not to mention using there own digi distribution to take 100% of the profits.

Guys I have a slightly older PC (just 2 years now) and I want this game to run perfectly, here is what I have;

- Asus GeForce GTX 285 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66GHz
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Low-Voltage Triple Channel

What (if anything) needs upgraded to run this game pretty much perfectly or what could do with updating to help it run a lot smoother?

I was thinking more RAM and a new processer?

Im not particularly the most technically minded when it comes to PC's so any help would be much appreciated!

Guys I have a slightly older PC (just 2 years now) and I want this game to run perfectly, here is what I have;

- Asus GeForce GTX 285 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66GHz
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Low-Voltage Triple Channel

What (if anything) needs upgraded to run this game pretty much perfectly or what could do with updating to help it run a lot smoother?

I was thinking more RAM and a new processer?

Im not particularly the most technically minded when it comes to PC's so any help would be much appreciated!

You should be fine with that set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom