Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol is that a direct quote from the film?

It is

but the film was correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_Strike_Fighter_Tactics_Instructor_program

The school was the end result of a study, published in May 1968, by USN Captain Frank Ault who, at the direction of the CNO, researched the failings of the US air to air missiles used in aerial combat in the skies over North Vietnam.[2] Operation Rolling Thunder, which lasted from 2 March 1965 to 1 November 1968, resulted in nearly 1,000 US aircraft losses in approximately one million sorties.[3] Operation Rolling Thunder became the Rorschach test for both the USN and the US Air Force, and from which they drew nearly opposite conclusions.[4] The USAF concluded that its air losses were primarily due to unobserved MiG attacks from the rear, and was therefore a technology problem.
The Navy, in what became known as the "Ault Report," came to the conclusion that inadequate air-crew training in air combat maneuvering (ACM) skills was the problem.[5] The conclusions of the "Ault Report" were not news to the F-8 Crusader community, who had been lobbying for an ACM training program ever since the commencement of Rolling Thunder in 1965.[1]

So who wanted confirmation about 3D spotting?
xj4Km.png

Good :), i did say that the triangles had vanished on that video!

The triangles were in the video, maybe it's from an earlier build than the gamescom demo though?
Picture1-5.png

Heres a choice piece of dribble coming from a dyed in the wool call of duty fanboy:

BF3 Trolls better recognize that for all their bells and whistles, steamers and beamers, that COD will still be the superior game.

You can't update perfection. It is unpossible. and therefor it cannot be done.

We don't need Destructible environments.
We don't need the ability to drive tanks and fly jets.
We don't need 24 man objective based gameplay.
We don't need classes.

All that is nothing compared to Call of Duty. It is tested and true engine of balance and perfection. They got it right for COD4 and haven't changed it for a reason. It's a CLASSIC!

Oh and it gets better:

I can't think of one game that has surpassed COD in graphics.

The fast movements of the COD series is what it makes the game some much far more better and greater then any other game out there today.

The speed and weapon handling is far Superior to BF in the fact that battlefield is to hard. they made you do stuff to shoot the gun in that game and it is much better to be able to just aim the gun and get a kill then all the stupid shooting stuff in BF.

Hell I even saw some videos of BF3 to see how bad it was. I saw a guy shoot the walls of this big house and the blocks fell off and killed a guy. They killed a guy with the bricks and I say that is cheap. If you can't see me you shouldn't be able to kill me with explosions that makes blocks fall on my head. Or this tree fell over and guy hid behind the tree as cover. If there was dumpster there yeah I understand but now this guy had some random cover save him and cheat the other guy out of his kills.

MW3 is gonna be so much better

Both from the same panty sniffing reprobate. :eek:

Just got this on Origin after seeing the video and hearing the 3D spotting is gone and commo rose is back. Add me :) iinfy1

Only annoying thing is that Origin wouldn't let me chose my BF:BC2 persona name for my profile, despite it being linked to my chosen Origin email. Now I have about 5 different personas on there.... why can't it just be under one EA :/

A guy now posting on the offical forums claiming that if a Jet is empty on the runway you can actually spawn inside the cockpit, which seems to tally up with gamespot saying the same thing.

heli handling:

Yes i flew it indeed. Was really nice that it had unguided missiles as well as Air vs Air. The Handling was incredibly smooth and agile. Overall the steering(?) is fantastic!
I would say Bf2- ish with a bit of bc2

A guy now posting on the offical forums claiming that if a Jet is empty on the runway you can actually spawn inside the cockpit, which seems to tally up with gamespot saying the same thing.

It's true. I saw a gameplay video on youtube early on and a guy respawned straight into empty jet cockpit. However I can't seem to find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom