Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this statement, he's just confirmed everything thats wrong with the cod series tbh.

All that is nothing compared to Call of Duty. It is tested and true engine of balance and perfection. They got it right for COD4 and haven't changed it for a reason. It's a CLASSIC!

It's the same tired generic stuff fired out year after year, like the friday the 13th films, they should have quit after mw1.

Nobody has to with this feature.

Wonder what happens if you choose to spawn in the jet but someone runs upto it and beats you to it just as you're spawning, id assume it would just plonk you on the field, but in theory it could kick the other person out and put you into it. That would cause some major angst though so i cant see that happening.

Wonder what happens if you choose to spawn in the jet but someone runs upto it and beats you to it, id assume it would just plonk you on the field, but in theory it could kick the other person out and put you into it. That would cause some major angst though so i cant see that hapenning.

Hence jet spawning shouldn't be in the game.

Let it be the way it was before so team players make the effort of getting into the jet. That way it will be more satisfying on first come first serve basis. Although I can still see every one scrambling for the jets and not concentrating on broader gameplay :p:p

32 players all running towards 2 jets :p

Last edited:
Hence jet spawning shouldn't be in the game.

Let it be the way it was before so team players make the effort of getting into the jet. That way it will be more satisfying on first come first serve basis. Although I can still see every one scrambling for the jets and not concentrating on broader gameplay :p:p

32 players all running towards 2 jets :p

Sad thing is the person that get the Jet first normally has an uncanny ability to slap it straight into a wall.

Wonder what happens if you choose to spawn in the jet but someone runs upto it and beats you to it just as you're spawning, id assume it would just plonk you on the field, but in theory it could kick the other person out and put you into it. That would cause some major angst though so i cant see that happening.

Major angst form the those that que instead of fighti. From past bf games you can't spawn in vehicles that are full.

Maybe it will be a server option?

Flying spawns - on or off. Would make sense.

I love this from something awfuls mastering BF2 article:

That Jet is Your Jet! - Battlefield 2 comes with an advanced, technologically breathtaking feature which allows players to virtually "claim" a vehicle they want. You accomplish this by saying "GET OUT OF MY PLANE YOU ******" repeatedly when somebody boards a jet you really want to pilot. You can claim any vehicle you want, but there's really no point in reserving any vehicle besides the jet or attack chopper because, really, those two are so awesome and you look like a real badass when you're flying them at 800 miles an hour into the side of a mountain while typing in racial slurs and trying to punish people for team kills they haven't committed quite yet

That's some skill if you only use keyboard.

In FSX I have found aircraft more responsive/sensitive to the the movements of joystick than keyboard

Back when I was playing Desert Combat mod I would fly using the same system.

WASD for thrusters.

Arrow keys for wings/aerodynamic shifts (no idea what the real name is)

Space bar for machine gun and NumPad 0 for missiles. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom