Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Never actually tried a joystick for a BF game, was looking at maybe trying out the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. Looks decent for the price and not overly expensive if i prefer keyboard\mouse.

Soldato
i watched the latest MP video and thought here we go again, its as close to BF2 as we are going to get in the console era and i like it!

Hoping that i dont need to update the pc but if needs be then so it must be

Soldato
Just been on EA chat for the 4th time. Managed to get a 25% discount code from 'Kally'.

Edit: nevermind, the code didn't work and I was put back to number 24 in the queue! Average wait 39 mins. Woe is me.

Edit 2: Been chatting to 'Dennis L' for 15 minutes. He was confused as to why the price screenshots I sent him were so cheap. Turns out the ones he was looking at are in dollars *facepalm*

Edit 3: Been informed that the code I was sent is not valid on pre-orders. He has also not heard of anyone getting 20% codes for pre-orders. Fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
God damn. Went straight back onto EA chat and was put through to 'Freida'. She was aware of me being given a 25% code and told me I can't have any more.
I told her that I just wanted to reduce the price on the BF3 pre-order, so she put me in the queue for a 'tier 2 ' support team member! Now got a 20 minute wait. All this for a sodding code.

Edit: haha wow, been put through to Dennis again. Told him once again about the 20% codes being given out; he told me that he tried it himself but it "can't be done".

Edit 2: finally been given a valid 20% code! Took some effort but I got it out of him in the end :D

Freida: Hi, my name is Freida. How may I help you?
[email protected]: Hi Freida
Freida: Hello,
[email protected]: I was hoping to pre-order Battlefield 3 on the Origin store, as I have enjoyed using Origin so far and I like the ease of downloading
[email protected]: however, I have noticed that the price on Origin is £40 while it is £30 or less at other online retailers
[email protected]: do you know of any codes or promotions which might reduce this price
[email protected]: on Origin
Freida: I would like to inform you that as per previous incident you have already received a discount code from ''Kally: ''
Freida: We are not able to provide a discount code in second time
Freida: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
[email protected]: I did receive a discount code
[email protected]: however, this was not valid for Battlefield 3
Freida: In order to assist you further, I will need to escalate your issue to our Tier 2 chat support team. This may take a few moments as the agent reviews the incident history to better assist you.
Freida has disconnected.
Dennis L.: Hi, my name is Dennis L.. How may I help you?
Dennis L.: Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today.
[email protected]: hello again
[email protected]: I am certain that some people have been allowed 20% codes which can be applied to battlefield 3 on the Origin UK store
Dennis L.: I can not be done, I just tried it.
[email protected]: is this anything to do with you being in US and me being in UK
Dennis L.: For the code?
[email protected]: yes
[email protected]: I have friends who have managed to order for £32 after applying a 20% code
[email protected]: which was given on this chat system
[email protected]: in recent days
[email protected]: on the UK store of course
Dennis L.: Try this code then xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Dennis L.: Do not copy and paste or leave spaces after the code.
[email protected]: Wow!
[email protected]: the code worked Dennis
[email protected]: thank you very much
Dennis L.: You're welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom