Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

CPU: FX8320
GPU: HD7950
RAM: 12GB
Drivers: 13.10
Problems: Sometimes get a CTD or textures missing.
Main problem seems to be, once i've quit out of BF4, if i try reload it all, it will get stuck on the loading screen, i can see the game in the background but there is a loading screen in front of it. needs a reboot to fix.

There is zero problems with i5 and bf4 and I'm single gpu as well

I5 2500k at 5ghz
7970 ghz edition
Win 8

Yeah, it was mostly all good for win8 guys, but those of us on win7 were getting random stuttering every now and then until the latest patch.

All sweet now and should hopefully put a stop to the upgrade paranoia ;)

Yeah, it was mostly all good for win8 guys, but those of us on win7 were getting random stuttering every now and then until the latest patch.

All sweet now and should hopefully put a stop to the upgrade paranoia ;)

I only upgraded to win8 2 days ago.... had win 7 ultimate on beta launch day... didn't get any stuttering just a few bits of rubber banding and sometimes a CTD...

You must've got lucky somehow :p

Some people got it and others didn't. It was most common with people running i5's (or lower) and win7, though it didn't stop some with i7's having similar problems. The latest patch seems to have sorted it out for most of the i5/win7 guys.

Look at us. We have basically the same specs and only one of us had issues (albeit randomly)...

Just wondering if it was possible to move a game install from one location to another without having to redownload or reinstall Origin?

BF4 is loading horrendously slow from my raided drives and would like to try it from my SSD

i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz on an overclocked 660, runs fine for me on ultra with 4x MSAA.

The only time it let me down was the weekend when the exclusive beta went open.

Edit: Monitor is 1600x900 if you're wondering.

Just wondering if it was possible to move a game install from one location to another without having to redownload or reinstall Origin?

BF4 is loading horrendously slow from my raided drives and would like to try it from my SSD

yes you can. the load times are massively different on ssd. anyone who is going to play bf3/4 a lot should have it on ssd.

Move Origin Games/Battlefield 4 to another directory

Uninstall Origin, Install origin to another drive ( You may be able to have TWO seperate origins and don't need to uninstall? )

Move Origin Games/Battlefield 4 to the new drive

Origin will re-check Battlefield 4 when you click on it and it will probably fix a few files, which takes about 2mins then that's it.

As for a seperate Origin game from the rest, I don't know :(

Played tonight for the first time in a few days and the performance was significantly improved. Running at 60fps on ultra without the stutter I was suffering before (i5 3570k, GTX 780, Win7).

That isn't stutter, that's rubber banding mate.

Interesting tidbit..

I've been on servers where this happens to me, but not my brother on a PC next to me on the same connection. Could even be in the same vehicle where it'll do that, or when you move the turret on a vehicle around and it'll kind of lag back to where it was. Other times it'll be the other way around.

Pinged the server, 40ms, did a packet loss check over the entire game and 0% PL. There's no connectivity issue, yes it can be a problem at times and those are the symptoms of it.

But there's something else equally screwy with it not updating your position and aim at times. In fact latency should not mess with what you're mouse does, but somehow, something does when say in a tank, you snap aim to something and it'll jump back to where it was :|

Though, this happens very rarely now.

Performance is a lot better with the patch! I can now play on auto settings without much noticeable frame dipping or stutter craziness.

Is there a command you can use to view your FPS like in BF3?

Back
Top Bottom