Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if i can install the 8.1 preview and then just input a key and carry on if i get a copy this weekend or will i have to install it all again?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro preview at the moment.

Shouldn't that have at least DirectX 11.1 in it? Mine doesn't. I presume there's no download.

HKHKINj.jpg.png

Or does DirectX 11.1, 11.2 just not show even when its installed?

Last edited:
a patch has just been done any ideas ?

From Battlelog

As you are reading this, we are rolling out a new patch for the Beta on PC to address some of the crashes and performance issues some players have been experiencing.

Read on for the full details, and let us know how this works for you in this thread – your feedback is hugely helpful to us.

Updates in Beta Patch #2 for PC (Oct 10)
-Two fixes for the long/permanent loading times
-Various improvements in performance for users running quad core or six core CPU's
-Fixed a crash that happened for some dual core CPU users after loading
-Fixed a crash relating to DirectX10 graphics cards
-Various stability fixes
-Various crash fixes

Currently running 3570k, 16Gb RAM and a single 6950 2Gb all at stock.
Plays nicely, Im preferring this to BF3 for some reason so am thinking of Xfiring another 6950 and preordering :eek:

Loading times have been a bit of a joke tbh, looks like there's been some patches for this tho.
Alt tabbing does 100% kill it tho with a DirectX error which was annoying me somewhat.

Also Im not sure if its that I aint played a FPS in a while or even if this is the first one I've played on my 1440p monitor but jesus wept it looks fantastic, lights off headphones on pretty damn enjoyable.

Anyone on here got a server up and running? the fast join option seems to always connects me to empty servers lol

Last edited:
your better off selling your card and getting either a 7950 or 7970 at current prices. 7950s as low as 170. your card will fetch probably 70-75 so two of those its not far off a newer better card without crossfire issues or extra heat power.

new patch seems even smoother now :D just had two full games not one stutter and as smooth as james bonds underwear :p

Had a very quick go last night and I did notice some stutter, I've been thinking about upgrading to w8 anyway so this gives me a good excuse - I'm not expecting miracles but seems like it does help.

Hell of a lot smoother now with todays patch.

Edit -
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
17833, 307930, 42, 63, 57.913

Far better min frames now. :) Used to be 15 or somit now its that. I think they have fixed the stutter and drops with this one. :) This btw is ultra 1080p no aa but using fxaa on high. Tho this was on a full 32 man domination. Might not be ok on the 64 player maps i dunno. Tho could be who knows.

Last edited:
Any better since the patch today for people?

Just had a few quick tests:

Medium settings (FX6300, 2GB 7850):

2013-10-10 13:57:24 - bf4
Frames: 68210 - Time: 1244640ms - Avg: 54.803 - Min: 0 - Max: 115

High settings:

2013-10-10 14:32:30 - bf4
Frames: 24994 - Time: 498531ms - Avg: 50.135 - Min: 0 - Max: 83

Massive difference for me.

What's the best program to test CPU usage with?

Back
Top Bottom