Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

It never even occurred to me to play commander on PC.

Have done it on tablet a couple of times. Just doesn't have the same appeal - though does have it's appeal as an in bed before sleep distraction :)

Locker is a horrendous map to play with a rubbish team.

If you have a good squad, I find the best thing to do is totally ignore the first 2 flags and run straight to C. Let the score whores cap the first 2 while you secure C and rack up the easy kills as the enemy team never expects anyone to be there so quick (well, they would if they looked at mini map/flag icon).

The trick is then getting your team not to push too far forward so the enemy can slip by and start capping the rear flags back. 9 times out of 10 the entire team pushes for the 2 enemy side flags after C and totally forget about the their own!

I've never played commander, just doesn't appeal to me. I'm happy as long as the UAV flags, any flags just show me where the flag campers are, I'll do the rest.

"Snow lane, wins the game" - push the flanks and then back rage on lockers.

If you have a good squad, I find the best thing to do is totally ignore the first 2 flags and run straight to C. Let the score whores cap the first 2 while you secure C and rack up the easy kills as the enemy team never expects anyone to be there so quick (well, they would if they looked at mini map/flag icon).

The trick is then getting your team not to push too far forward so the enemy can slip by and start capping the rear flags back. 9 times out of 10 the entire team pushes for the 2 enemy side flags after C and totally forget about the their own!

Oh man, I could kiss you. I'm constantly raging when I find I am on the only person at C whilst the rest of the team grabs those few hundred points then starts tripping over each other.

It's such a shame people don't realise that in both the short and long term they will get more points by controlling C. At the start of the game they'll grab the capture points plus the kill/revives/resupply points as a result of enemies also slipping through.

The new patch seems alright but one thing that can't be patched is the stupidity of other players.

Just quit after 15 minutes on Lockers as our team went from having all the flags to zero flags. It baffles me how people can be so unbearably stupid. They all pushed up the middle rather than engaging their brain and flanking around the outside. Nobody revived or dropped ammo. Squad Leaders didn't set orders.

It's just an utter joke how stupid some people can be.

Why do you think Metro was so popular in BF3? No flank routes means no confusion for the poor casual babbies. Now they've added an outside flank route to Locker and people can't wrap their heads around it. "You mean I have to watch the minimap for flanking, rather than spamming LVG's down this single staircase like a braindead zombie?!?!?" (although there's plenty of people still doing that).

Edit: Beasted through the 4GB DLC, but the 800mb patch is suposedly going to take 7 and a half hours. You what mate?

Last edited:
Why do you think Metro was so popular in BF3? No flank routes means no confusion for the poor casual babbies. Now they've added an outside flank route to Locker and people can't wrap their heads around it. "You mean I have to watch the minimap for flanking, rather than spamming LVG's down this single staircase like a braindead zombie?!?!?" (although there's plenty of people still doing that).

Edit: Beasted through the 4GB DLC, but the 800mb patch is suposedly going to take 7 and a half hours. You what mate?

So true. I'm wrong for expecting people to be able to utilise the tools available to them. Shame on me.

I don't have the DLC but my patch downloaded at about 17MB/s :o

All patched, CR downloaded and even cleaned up and defragged while i wait.

Now just have to wait to get home to play! lol

The thing with Locker is it's nothing but a points whoring map, and that's all most people see it as. I couldn't care less if my team wins or loses on Locker, it's the one map I play where all I care about is my ability to Kill people, revive people and spam my Medic bags at choke points :) .

If I want Tactics and Team play I'll play another map :)

Anyone get slow Patch download after downloading the DLC at 15mb/s

Follow this worked right away for me, my patch was stuck on 50kb/s

Start Origin in R&D mode • Link
Exit Origin
Create a new empty document on your desktop
Enter the following in the file:
[connection]
EnvironmentName=production

[Feature]
CdnOverride=akamai
Save the file as EACore.ini
Now start Origin. Upon start you will be asked if you want to import the file you just created on your desktop. Press Yes. This will overwrite your old config-file.
Information The EACore.ini file is deleted from your desktop as soon as you import it. If you ever want to leave R&D mode you need to go to the location where Origin is installed and delete the EACore.ini file found there.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Origin...ing_every_time_it_hits_a_500-1000MB_threshold

The thing with Locker is it's nothing but a points whoring map, and that's all most people see it as. I couldn't care less if my team wins or loses on Locker, it's the one map I play where all I care about is my ability to Kill people, revive people and spam my Medic bags at choke points :) .

If I want Tactics and Team play I'll play another map :)

This is pretty much me but my gang usually rush C at the very least. Locker is great for unlocking all shotguns + ammo/health ribbons at least. A 200% or two and you can do all shotguns in a few maps worth easily.

Battle log is saying the following btw:
WE ARE AWARE OF A DISCONNECTION ISSUE, WE ARE WORKING TO FIX IT ON THE BACKEND. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Indeed, but I can't say I'm swamped with people to choose from during the day.

Do these people not realise for themselves how ridiculous the game is? They're like machines, they just spawn, run into the middle of the map, die, repeat. It's crazy.

true, and this is why its my last BF game..... its sad to say this, as I'm a big fan.... put over 1000 hours on BF2 back in the days.

BF4 on the other hand is exactly like you described it. i just hope they fix the fun factor in next DLC.

Usually going for C and then going for E does the trick, leave a few bodies at C to defend whilst the people who capped A and B progress towards C and you should be okay, but you may encounter resistance going outside towards E and vice versa if your first flag is E.

I'm only over a day of playing this game in terms of hours racked up, but being quick on the move seems to be key, as it seems to 'stun' the other team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom