Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Good luck playing infantry in 3 out of the 4 new maps. If you are not in a vehicle you will be running around for 5+ minutes not seeing anyone to shoot at until a sniper or tank takes you out.

Also, they were advertising "Levolution" so much before release and it seems like none of the new maps have any Levolution events. Either they run out of ideas or they were really bored when creating these maps.

Yep, don't see the point in playing anything but Recon/Eng on these maps. They're also incredibly dull and lack creativity, I'm pretty sure Silk Road took them a few hours to make.

Also revive bug isn't fixed either.

Actually there are many good infantry maps

Zavod is one of the best TDM maps.
Dawnbreaker (TDM) Amazing gun battles that remind me of Heat.
Paracel Strom (TDM) Intense Action and awesome weather atmospherics
Golmund Railway (TDM, map focussed around houses) house to house gun battles.
Floodzone (TDM) Very good map without vehicles (non hardcore only, because of snipers)
Seige of Shanghai is really a camp fest on top of department store!!!
Lockers is a spam fest!!! (least favourite)

Zavod is actually pretty good - I just get annoyed that if one team gets on top of the upper stacks, closes the trapsdoors and sets up beacons they are effectively untouchable (I mean, you can mortar them, but that's been nerfed, and you can countersnipe but will always be at a disadvantage).

Dawnbreaker I never seem to encounter on TDM servers - I genuinely have no clear image of the layout/feel of it whatsoever for that game mode.

Paracel I'm not a big fan of - it's not awful, it just feels a bit too flat.

Golmund I'll give you - as long as it's not overpopulated, it's very fun. Particularly good on HC.

Floodzone is great - I don't find the snipers to be an issue because it has so many levels and places to fire an X25 from (or whatever the support guy's launcher is called).

Seige can be fun, but I find it tends to be a bit one-sided. It's easy-ish for one team to get an entrenched position and control the map.

Locker is... Locker. Crazy, hectic, but I'm beginning to tire of it a bit. I think that if every destructible wall in a map is ALWAYS destroyed every game, it's a sign to avoid it unless you're immune to explosives.

Try the Mayhem server TDM's, full on action. :)

I will give it a go. Is it in the OP?

Edit:
Is there a TDM map for Resort? It's another one I just can't bring to mind.

Also the Dam and the satellite station - I THINK the dam is just the hospital buildings for TDM, whereas the Sat is the construction site, but that may just be because that's where I see most of the serious infantry fights on those maps in other modes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, will save myself £28!

Personally I thought the desert one looked **** :p

Can't say I really care about "big" levolution events as the majority of them in vanilla maps are completely pointless/crap and it has come to the point where virtually no one bothers with them any more....... superb idea but executed very poorly :(

Only good one is siege.

I love vehicle combat a lot (speaking as a boat + tank whore :p :D) but was really hoping for these maps to be a bit more infantry based as the majority of vanilla maps are too vehicle orientated so spend most of my time as engi. or in a tank/boat :(

TBH, I might reinstall bc 2 sometime this week, those maps + gameplay were just perfect (well more or less anyway :p) or/and buy and try to get back into CS with go, £5 on steam atm........

What about rush mode? Any better than conquest?

BTW has the audio/sound issue on golmud etc. been fixed?

Last edited:
I hate Origin, it is so bloody crap.

Manually have to force it to update BF4 to new patch. Is on all night/day and says up to date. Turns out I don't have China Rising installed at all, have to reboot Origin completely and manually force ANOTHER update and now have 4.5GB to sit around waiting for.

Tosh software.

I have to say that the new maps run great, very smooth gameplay and no more stuttering.

Anyone else annoyed by the constant sirens noise on the new maps? They removed the EMP blur effect but decided to troll with another annoying effect now?

Looks like they squashed the one shot kill then ;):D

haha :D

Anyone else annoyed by the constant sirens noise on the new maps? They removed the EMP blur effect but decided to troll with another annoying effect now?

they have added the siren noise to "fill" the audio gap for when the majority of environment, gun etc. sounds go missing therefore it doesn't sound as bad as opposed to having virtually no sound except your guy shouting :D :p

Is there a TDM map for Resort? It's another one I just can't bring to mind.

Yes the Hainnan resort TDM is pumping as to is rogue transmission. The Dam one is mediocre but still way better than seige and locker.

Mayhem isn't in the OP, so if you search in BL you'll find it if not add me combatevolved-df and join me when I play later tonight. Happy Dayz.

they have added the siren noise to "fill" the audio gap for when the majority of environment, gun etc. sounds go missing therefore it doesn't sound as bad as opposed to having virtually no sound except your guy shouting :D :p

Thats a total joke, what a lazy half arsed attempt to cover up a major flaw. Cowboy programmers or what!!!:eek:

game performace has always been good..

Speak for yourself there bro its been a laggy, hit reg **** up if you ask me.

Played dragon pass earlier and I drove my LAV through the water to the other side of the river and hit an invisible wall in the middle, it flipped my LAV which killed me after it ejected me? :confused:

They can't even make a map properly.

Can't say I really care about "big" levolution events as the majority of them in vanilla maps are completely pointless/crap and it has come to the point where virtually no one bothers with them any more....... superb idea but executed very poorly :(

Only good one is siege.

I like the tower collapsing on Locker as it takes out the central guns and changes the game a little, also giving alternate access .

Back
Top Bottom