Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Tempted to give this game a miss for a while - the amount of times I am trading or being killed whilst already around a corner is a joke; between that and crashing every other round, it's completely killing any potential enjoyment for me when playing.

I might have to reinstall COD4 to remind myself how a game with half-decent hitreg actually feels.

so a map pack for armour whores and jet jockeys, nice one EA :(.

dragon pass/guilin pass look nice but no real possibility of infantry play on any of them from what i've seen, all open spaces and armour all over the sodding place :confused:.

Tempted to give this game a miss for a while - the amount of times I am trading or being killed whilst already around a corner is a joke; between that and crashing every other round, it's completely killing any potential enjoyment for me when playing.

Know how you feel. It stops the momentum of using the double xp and wastes time joining servers you were doing well in for the map to have ended/changed by time you get back on.

It would be nice if you could see the next map/game mode on the scoreboard screen while the countdown is ticking away.

If I'm on a server with a particular game mode, I don't suddenly want to start playing something else. That's what happened to me last night :/

It would be nice if you could see the next map/game mode on the scoreboard screen while the countdown is ticking away.

If I'm on a server with a particular game mode, I don't suddenly want to start playing something else. That's what happened to me last night :/

Press backspace to go into in game battlelog - on the right hand side it will tell you which map/gamemode is next.

There are a few issues granted, but I still really enjoy the game, it's no worse than patches in WOW or similar, where each and every time blizzard ruin at least two or three game mechanics.

I don't get the huge outcry, a few invisible walls don't ruin the game for me. Sure the one shot kill is annoying but you benefit as much as you suffer it's not like your bullets are any less likely to aware you a slightly easier kill.

Play it and mop up the spilt milk or move on to another game, it's not like BF3 was any different....

Finally got person at home to download the updates for me, so won't have to wait when I get in :D

Quite looking forward to trying the new maps. Haven't really found one I love playing yet... not that they are bad... just don't love em.

Must try more rush mode though. Most of the maps just feel too small for conquest.

The maps feel so much smaller than those in BF3. Not sure if they are though.

There are a few issues granted, but I still really enjoy the game, it's no worse than patches in WOW or similar, where each and every time blizzard ruin at least two or three game mechanics.

I don't get the huge outcry, a few invisible walls don't ruin the game for me. Sure the one shot kill is annoying but you benefit as much as you suffer it's not like your bullets are any less likely to aware you a slightly easier kill.

Play it and mop up the spilt milk or move on to another game, it's not like BF3 was any different....

Agree to a point. But they EA/dice went into marketing overdrive about the best fps hit reg and smooth gameplay so people are uptight that EA are laughing at the loyal fanbase who believed the hype train.

BF3 never crashed anywhere near as much as this game, either in game while playing or transitioning to the next map. People are damn annoyed because ranking up 3 times in a row or unlocking weapons 3 times because of the crashes is gauling.

But I love battlefield and the game play and can see through many of the weaknesses (short term) in hope it will get better, which it must and very quickly.

I'm not sure I really want to buy the expansion now, but its gonna cost 28, next month and probably for the next 6 months so would really like all the extra's even if this DLC is a dog.

Last edited:
Just to add was China Rising a free pre-order map for a reason, maybe because its just that bit weaker compared to the other planned Dlc's and instead of scrapping what Dice had already produced they thought maybe offer the loyal fans a bone who pre-order.

When is second assault released?

Or it's the best they've got and it's supposed to entice people in to buying premium for the others? :D

What's grinding my gears recently is the number of whiners, hackusations and generally annoying people.... and Medics reviving you at 20%... generally just the people in summary :D

I really do enjoy the game, just hope they can fix the major bugs asap. Game clearly was not ready for general release (EA anyone?) but I think it's still clearly a quality game - both single and multiplayer.

Just to add was China Rising a free pre-order map for a reason, maybe because its just that bit weaker compared to the other planned Dlc's and instead of scrapping what Dice had already produced they thought maybe offer the loyal fans a bone who pre-order.

When is second assault released?

I hope you are right regarding it being perhaps weaker.

I think anything on offer was merely to tempt them away from COD rather than any kind Gesture.

I think Dice privately know they've ****ed up. I suspect not just by the rushed botched job of the original campaign/muiltiplayer aspect but also that instead of focusing all of their attention to the bugs, they've instead just continued churning out more of the same crap with the same problems.

But hey-ho it doesn't matter as we'll soon have our new shiney pistol thingwaymajig for our troubles.

How is it this game still runs like crap,Its even worse now after the latest patch its unplayable.

I'm just shocked at how they have not sorted this out yet with the team they have. :/

:( I'd not realised till today that China Rising was only early access to Premium :( that sucks

bit of a joke when you can still buy BF4 + China Rising now - so not exactly sure what we gained from "pre-ordering"

Back
Top Bottom