Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

I wish people would cut Dice some slack, and remember that EA are the greedy ones, and EA give Dice their orders, one of their official beta testers on Reddit admitted that it had been rushed and the order came from "upstairs" and he seemed pretty afraid of EA finding out who he was...what does that tell you?

EA don't care about you or your gaming, all they care about is MONEY, hence the whole Second Assault/Microsoft thing.

For those slow downloaders, I have a webserver on a 100mbit port, and 30TB of bandwidth a month that I don't use, if I upload the ISO for the DLC and update to it, will it not contain anything personally related to my Origin account? (I would guess no)?

If so I will upload it for you for HTTP download if you like.

One hit kill bug fixed?

What an utter load of ***, I was getting one hit killed on a SOFTCORE server! As soon as I've played a few rounds of china rising, it's bye bye. Oh and starbound tomorrow, woohoo!

Air Superiority lasts about 3-4mins a game. Can't server owners up the ticket count? They're all like that.

One hit kill bug fixed?

What an utter load of ***, I was getting one hit killed on a SOFTCORE server! As soon as I've played a few rounds of china rising, it's bye bye. Oh and starbound tomorrow, woohoo!

With what weapon?

I wish people would cut Dice some slack

no, sorry, they get the grief same as EA, they got took over by EA, more than likely the money grabbers involved have retired on the money but what the hell :)

just seen a vid of Dragon Pass where there's an invisible wall surrounding the side of one of the mountains, cant shoot/get out and can't shoot/get in, another well tested map :thumbs up: to dice/ea :D

Last edited:
Just played Dragon Pass, What a stunningly beautiful map in full ultra. 1200p.

Premium cost me 18 pounds. So the way I read that is 20 maps for 18 quid is 90 pence a map, who gives toosss if a few are excrement. :)

Did a reformat, downloaded BF4 from scratch and played a few hours last night.

Had 1 hard crash (PC rebooted) but otherwise stable :o

Are you joking?
Seriously?

They SOLD out to EA, as far as I'm concerned EA and DICE should both go under

All the BF games since BF2 have had issues within the first two months of release. Most people weren't even fully happy with BF2 until patch 1.4/1.5 which came out over a year after release. If anything, DICE are quicker at fixing things these days thanks to Origin.

If you have problems with EA/DICE, then just don't buy their games, simplez.

Last edited:
Is win7 performance improved in the latest patch

not really had any win7 performance issues as such, just the game stuttering etc , while the fps has stayed ok and not really dropped through the floor.

quick couple of noob questions:

1) what decides if you spawn onto a beacon from the sky or on the ground ?

2) is there anywhere you can see how the service stars for the different classes ?

Last edited:
Win 7 and a crappy clocked cpu... I can see why ur getting performance issues...

Right well windows 7 is gone,Upgraded to 8.1 Pro...will see how that goes.
As for crappy clocked Cpu,I really doubt this is any problem...a 3770K @ 3.4Ghz with HT enabled should be more than enough to handle any game out there. :confused:

Yeah I don't think your CPU will be good enough to be honest, but as I'm feeling very nice I'll swap it with my 6 core Phenom II for you. It is @ 4 x 6 cores so obviously faster 4 x 6 = 24ghz to your measly 13.6ghz....cough...please?

Right well windows 7 is gone,Upgraded to 8.1 Pro...will see how that goes.
As for crappy clocked Cpu,I really doubt this is any problem...a 3770K @ 3.4Ghz with HT enabled should be more than enough to handle any game out there. :confused:

my Sandy 2700k @ 4.8 struggles on win7 :rolleyes:

but Win8.1 runs like a dream so silky smooth

pity i dont like BF enough to switch over to 8.1 full time

disgraceful imo i reckon DICE intentionally gimped Win7 see no reason for there to be such a large difference considering BF3 ran great too

well I have to say the air superiority mode is just about the most awful game mode I have played in any game. Anyone who is a good pilot creams you and because the vehicle number is less than the players you can wait literally all round and never be able to spawn...

There are a few issues granted, but I still really enjoy the game, it's no worse than patches in WOW or similar, where each and every time blizzard ruin at least two or three game mechanics.

I don't get the huge outcry, a few invisible walls don't ruin the game for me. Sure the one shot kill is annoying but you benefit as much as you suffer it's not like your bullets are any less likely to aware you a slightly easier kill.

Play it and mop up the spilt milk or move on to another game, it's not like BF3 was any different....

Nope. Its a lot worse than BF3 for many people. You sound like one of the lucky ones. People with a variety of different systems are suffering constant crashes and various issues which ruin the game they have paid for. I have played BF games since BF1942 and this is by far the worst effort in the franchise.

When it works its great fun but getting through an entire game with no issues for myself or one of my squad mates is a rarity. People are well within their right to feel put out when the game is clearly a long way from been unfinished. I mean seriously its less stable than the beta :confused:

After being killed by two people in a row who were both on 1health I just turned it off, it is ludicrous. I can shoot someone several times and they're absolutely fine, because they've got the magical 1 health and they can kill me instantly. Really really stupid.

Are these people cheating or is everyone just on 1 health?

Back
Top Bottom