Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Dragon Pass-Awful map, never want to play it again
Gullin Peaks-Probably the best map out of all bf4 maps, really enjoying it
Altai Range-Don't really like it, not enough action
Silk Road-Good map, tank wars are fun and the mid point is nice for some infantry play.

Overall disappointed, either you are in a vehicle which is fine or you are on foot which sucks big time, not much action going on :(

Regarding the patch, only the EMP blur effect has been fixed, every other problem including 1hit kill bug, crashes, missing sound, missing crosshair are still unsolved. Almost 2GB of patches which fixed nothing :(

I am however somehow enjoying this game. I have no idea why though :p

Last edited:
It's a good cpu but bf games are very cpu dependent.... you'll see a massive difference going to 4.4+ with ya 670 cause at 3.4 it's pretty much bottlenecking it..
True, even a mild oc of 4.2ghz will be grand on the 3770k with a 670. Had the same combo a while back myself. Roughly equivalent to a sandy cpu at 4.4ghz ono.

Played on SAS Server all night, no issues. Not sure on the new maps yet... But first impressions....

Guilin Peaks - Great map
Silk Road - Need a tank, or stay in the base in the middle.
Dragon Pass - Not bad, still 50/50 on that.
Altai Range - Too big and open.

Unlocked the SUAV.

1: RADIO BEACON Portable Spawn Beacon that creates an additional spawn position for a Squad. Only functional as a member of a Squad. When deployed with a clear view of the sky in open environments it will function as a Paradrop Beacon

2: There is a Kit Service Star graph on the Overview page

cheers for that.

as for (2) i've seen the stars but not sure how many points make up a star, thought it was 100,000 etc but the scores on the kits vs stars dont match up to that.

my Sandy 2700k @ 4.8 struggles on win7 :rolleyes:

but Win8.1 runs like a dream so silky smooth

pity i dont like BF enough to switch over to 8.1 full time

disgraceful imo i reckon DICE intentionally gimped Win7 see no reason for there to be such a large difference considering BF3 ran great too

I think you may want to blame Microsoft not Dice.. Microsoft choose not to release DirectX11.1 on Windows 7
It's DX11.1 why it runs better on Windows 8.

my Sandy 2700k @ 4.8 struggles on win7 :rolleyes:

but Win8.1 runs like a dream so silky smooth

pity i dont like BF enough to switch over to 8.1 full time

disgraceful imo i reckon DICE intentionally gimped Win7 see no reason for there to be such a large difference considering BF3 ran great too

My 2600k @ 4.6 using Eyefinity 5760x1080 pretty much everything maxed with the exception of hbao and fsaa runs the game really well on win 7. Usually around 70 fps plus :confused:

The game has been stable tonight, had a couple of moments where I thought it was going to crash but it managed to chug through.

New maps are more suited to my style of play, they're mainly big and open with plenty of opportunity to flank. You're pretty much screwed without a vehicle though. No sound loops yet but not played the old maps since.

Anyone going to be on relatively soon?

Only 2 people on and they are playing CR maps :( :mad: So ****ing annoying how non premium members have to wait for access to these maps, what the **** was the point of getting DD version?!

Last edited:
My 2600k @ 4.6 using Eyefinity 5760x1080 pretty much everything maxed with the exception of hbao and fsaa runs the game really well on win 7. Usually around 70 fps plus :confused:

i have SLI 770 Lightings and run on a 1080p 120Hz monitor

average around 70-118 fps on Win7 and despite the FPS its not smooth at all
Siege of Shanghai is unplayable averages 50-70fps

on Win 8.1 the game runs pretty much at 118fps solid

occasional dropping to 90fps but still smooth

everything maxed except msaa at 2x

afterburner shows average of 65-75% gpu usage on Win7

such a shame i really dislike win 8 :(

I bought Premium tonight and it downloaded in Origin along with the patch and was playing on the CR maps too?

Although the servers we played on were by no means full I have to say I think the maps have a huge amount of potential and we had some great games tonight. Some cracking infantry fights and even some good fun with Recon & PLD along with a couple of Engineers, a Support and a Medic. We were keeping flags against tanks and everything. They a lot more like BF2 maps. Lots of flags a decent distance away from each other so you're not constantly involved in a mini firefight and then a tank or LAV turns up to spoil it all. So far, thumbs up from me. Better than some of the maps that BF4 shipped with anyway.

Anyone going to be on relatively soon?

Only 2 people on and they are playing CR maps :( :mad: So ****ing annoying how non premium members have to wait for access to these maps, what the **** was the point of getting DD version?!

Its why I won't be giving EA any more of my money (after about 7 odd years of sticking to not buying their games), this was a toe back in testing the water, can't say they've sold me.

I can't even get on to battle log via my android phone through the app now lol.......

Only played one game tonight with combat on team death match (good game BTW) and had the same old problems joining, stuck on black screen and couldn't join this server because I was already on it, took 3 tries to get in.

Oh and invisible walls/textures galore (flood zone)

Honestly are dice just trolling us now or are they seriously that ****ing useless? I just can't understand how a far older beta build ran far better than this final version that has had 2 client patches and countless server side patches.

had zero crashes since CR maps + patch just wish they would fix the ****ing game now

ill just leave this here.. even tho netcode is the least of my worries i dont really suffer from bad reg but i know few of u do AKA NEILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

R8u9cr5.gif

Back
Top Bottom