Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Educate this noob please.

I've been playing Domination only, but the amount of points you get is dismal. I then accidentally logged into a Conquest server and the amount of points I got for being a machine gunner in a tank was crazy.

Do points count for everything? If I keep being a machine gunner for example, will I eventually unlock all the guns and their upgrades? I assume not, and you only unlock upgrades for guns you use in battle.

Go easy on me. This is the first BF I've ever played :)

not really had any win7 performance issues as such, just the game stuttering etc , while the fps has stayed ok and not really dropped through the floor.

quick couple of noob questions:

1) what decides if you spawn onto a beacon from the sky or on the ground ?

2) is there anywhere you can see how the service stars for the different classes ?

1: RADIO BEACON Portable Spawn Beacon that creates an additional spawn position for a Squad. Only functional as a member of a Squad. When deployed with a clear view of the sky in open environments it will function as a Paradrop Beacon

2: There is a Kit Service Star graph on the Overview page

New maps look lovely, just played a few. Shame the game feels like a ghost town even with 64 players, it just feels so empty. I don't know why they bother with these huge ass maps when they are still using only 64 players. Bad Company 2 did it right, only 32 players or something but the maps were the right size to make it feel like an epic fight. Planetside 2 really has spoiled me. I really cannot get on with this game at all, played maybe 2 times in the last 4 weeks and I'm a huge FPS fan. I spent most of my time running, dodging vehicles and camping snipers, it's such a poor game.

edit. Can we sell Origin accounts?

Last edited:
Educate this noob please.

I've been playing Domination only, but the amount of points you get is dismal. I then accidentally logged into a Conquest server and the amount of points I got for being a machine gunner in a tank was crazy.

Do points count for everything? If I keep being a machine gunner for example, will I eventually unlock all the guns and their upgrades? I assume not, and you only unlock upgrades for guns you use in battle.

Go easy on me. This is the first BF I've ever played :)

You have to use a certain type of gun to unlock more of that type of gun and use a specific gun to unlock attachments for that gun, etc. points will get you battlepacks and achievements, etc. that will give you certain weapons and attachments but not the main ones.

You have to use a certain type of gun to unlock more of that type of gun and use a specific gun to unlock attachments for that gun, etc. points will get you battlepacks and achievements, etc. that will give you certain weapons and attachments but not the main ones.

Thanks for the quick reply :) That explains why I've been unlocking better things for the SCAR-H and no other guns. It's the one I've been using in Domination the most.

Getting lots of points is pretty addictive though. When you're level 9, you need a lot of 'em :P

Having played around a bit - stock with both 470s in there does suprisingly well with high settings at 1920x1080 aslong as I use FXAA I'm pretty much holding 120+fps in all but the most extreme action w/ almost exactly 1GB VRAM used.

Ultra is a bit more tricky - terrain decoration at that level seems to be causing some issues with SLI and VRAM usage as well causing stutter if I turn that down to high and keep everything else at ultra its running mostly 60-70fps, setting renderahead limit ingame to 2 helps to offset the stutter probably at a slight latency increase and a tiny fps decrease.
Sounds not too bad there. Tbh the 470's never lacked when it came to grunt, the vram limit was the main limiting factor in my decision to switch from them. Saying that though, i got extremely lucky with my first wf 670 as it's a beastly clocker, second one isnt near as good.

1st card, +130/+760
2nd card, +80/+600

If clocking them for benchemarks or a bit of gaming i run the lower clocks. Cope ok with bf4 on ultra x4 msaa but vram use gets near 2gb so use x2 instead now.

New maps look lovely, just played a few. Shame the game feels like a ghost town even with 64 players, it just feels so empty. I don't know why they bother with these huge ass maps when they are still using only 64 players. Bad Company 2 did it right, only 32 players or something but the maps were the right size to make it feel like an epic fight. Planetside 2 really has spoiled me. I really cannot get on with this game at all, played maybe 2 times in the last 4 weeks and I'm a huge FPS fan. I spent most of my time running, dodging vehicles and camping snipers, it's such a poor game.

edit. Can we sell Origin accounts?

I moved my BF4 to a brand new origin account that i setup so i could keep my remaining games. I did this by phoning up EA UK, you can then sell your account and give someone the answer to your secret question. They can then change everything on the account and make it there own.

What is it with the damn load out selection screen,Its just a mess imo..weapons that are showing up as been unlocked while in game are NOT showing up in my Loadout page.

Why cant they just keep things simple.

Right well windows 7 is gone,Upgraded to 8.1 Pro...will see how that goes.
As for crappy clocked Cpu,I really doubt this is any problem...a 3770K @ 3.4Ghz with HT enabled should be more than enough to handle any game out there. :confused:

It's a good cpu but bf games are very cpu dependent.... you'll see a massive difference going to 4.4+ with ya 670 cause at 3.4 it's pretty much bottlenecking it..

Back
Top Bottom