Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

After being killed by two people in a row who were both on 1health I just turned it off, it is ludicrous. I can shoot someone several times and they're absolutely fine, because they've got the magical 1 health and they can kill me instantly. Really really stupid.

Are these people cheating or is everyone just on 1 health?

I assume you were on a Hardcore server so couldn't see the 'kill cam' thing? I only get it showing 1HP if the other person died at the same time (or between killing me and the 'youre dead' screen showing up - I.e. they aren't always on 1 HP, sometimes they are dead and it shows 1HP.

That said, I do get a fair few 1 or 3 HP trades for real as well.

Haven't got the L85 yet but it does look very good! Unfortunately no stats for it on symthic yet :(

Ace 52 is awesome but ace 21 is even better! :p Try it, you won't be disappointed! :D

The L85 is amazing, rapid accurate take downs, it somehow feels better than the old M16 in Bf3. Anyone else tried this baby?

I'll take your advice and try the ACE 21 next, loads of people rate it so hopefully its a tool of a rifle.

You were killing everything last night Nexus, 400 ticket server and you had over 70 kills, pretty awesome. (You must be running perfect setting). :)

Last night I vsyn'd my fps to 85fps, but the game didn't feel as responsive compared to playing with vsyn off.

Tonight I'll take a different approach by downclocking gpu's so my fps is below 100fps and run lower vcore. (Not worth the extra heat and energy cost pushing 115-120fps)

Regarding Premium, you already have China Rising, but your going to get early access on all DLC's and to be honest at least 2 of the maps are pseduo Jungle type environments and I actually rate them. Its so refreshing to get away from Desert and Urban warfare. I paid 18 quid even if half the maps are detritus its amazing value per hour. I'm not into the mechanised fighting thing but I did appreciate the Maps in CR.

I can't even get on to battle log via my android phone through the app now lol......
Ah, not just me then, it stopped working late yesterday evening. What the hell have they done now, the mobile site actually runs better than the app you know lol

The annoying thing is, i bet the iOS app is flawless....

The L85 is amazing, rapid accurate take downs, it somehow feels better than the old M16 in Bf3. Anyone else tried this baby?
Yup, love it, got the final battlepack for it last night. My second most use weapon behind the Ace 23. :)

Does anyone else find the suggestions change randomly? I just logged into battlelog and it was showing a bronze battlepack. :/

The app also gets confused with these too as its been showing six all squashed in for ages for me now. I think its time they updated it. :D

EDIT: Oh and i know BL Forums are usually pretty terrible, but this has to be a contender for best thread ever...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065220545326779/

:D

Last edited:
had zero crashes since CR maps + patch just wish they would fix the ****ing game now

ill just leave this here.. even tho netcode is the least of my worries i dont really suffer from bad reg but i know few of u do AKA NEILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

R8u9cr5.gif

and me on my 2meg adsl max connection.

The only map I didn't really get to get a feel for was the silky one, as got only a few mins of one round on it.

The other three I think aren't too bad, and I'm glad we got some jungle settings (even if wish they were more dense with vegetation)

Dragon pass - big, so people really need to wait to give lifts! Had some fun with a well placed spawn beacon.

Altai range - had some good fun on this one. Got my first C4 kill on vehicle. Think needs more bikes though.

Guilin peaks - I think this could grow to be a favourite.

I bought Premium tonight and it downloaded in Origin along with the patch and was playing on the CR maps too?

Although the servers we played on were by no means full I have to say I think the maps have a huge amount of potential and we had some great games tonight. Some cracking infantry fights and even some good fun with Recon & PLD along with a couple of Engineers, a Support and a Medic. We were keeping flags against tanks and everything. They a lot more like BF2 maps. Lots of flags a decent distance away from each other so you're not constantly involved in a mini firefight and then a tank or LAV turns up to spoil it all. So far, thumbs up from me. Better than some of the maps that BF4 shipped with anyway.

Agree with these sentiments. At least 2 of these maps Dragon Pass, and Guillan Peaks are fantastic. Offering great potential for firefights, antitank, antiair and fighting in caves and passes. Really impressed so far with texture colour and quality in full ultra (1200). Definately worth downloading.

Guilin has the most potential for infy players (no tanks/jets/attack choppers etc) but the couple of rounds I played on it were just merry go rounds. No one wanted to stop and defend the flags from the other team coming round the mountain behind us capping the flags a minute after we did. Just stop and put up a defensive cordon and that map could have some epic infy battles.

I also wonder if its worth putting a nv scope on for that middle flag ?? Thoughts..

Did anyone else note that sun glare on Altai is it ? The flag in the middle couldnt see a thing looking up at the flag , just got tagged hvt and couldnt see jack**** :(

Did anyone else note that sun glare on Altai is it ?(

I don't know why they feel the need to overdo glare in these games. It's just a bit too much sometimes.

At least the lens flare is toned down from 3 - It just bugged me that they put it in, as if I was running around looking at the world through a cheap piece of glass!

It's like they were trying to simulate a camera rather than a soldier :D

Bought main game and premium (not full price) after playing the beta.

Don't regret it. I've had at least my money's worth of fun already, so everything extra after this is bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, I'd be singing a different tune if I was one of those plagued by constant crashes, or if I was in a competetive clan, but just putting it out there: not everyone who bought premium got suckered.

I do of course feel bad for those who got an unplayable mess, and I want the bugs to be ironed out ASAP and for the new maps to be good. Any idea how long we'll be waiting for the CQ-a-like? I kinda fancy some infantry maps after being engineer for ages. Could just play TDM/Dom I guess, but Floodzone is the only really excellent TDM map IMO.

+1 no crashes for a good while for me.

Morning all need some help here, I'm playing the campaign I think mission 6 where we have planted the bomb and I have to jump off the scaffolding onto a ladder. is there a knack to this every time I jump across I seem to miss the ladder, do I take a running jump ?thanks for answering.

pretty much every kill / death I get has at least 1 of the following:

die from people who have no line of site with me
run behind corner and die
double KO
empty full mag into someone, they 1 shot kill me
empty full mag into someone, they kill me, they have 1HP
die from people who I run past because they are not on my screen, yet when i die they magically appear on the kill cam
laggy people who you can empty whole magazines at and they get no hit markers from my shots
rubber banding where I start shooting them and then at x4 speed they turn around kill you and run off

its so frustrating because it would be a fun game if this stuff didnt happen but you feel cheated every time it does

i have the slider set at 0 but cant seem to set it to anything that makes a difference
my ping is good and never have issues in other games :(
my FPS is pretty constistant too, had same issues with BF3 and BFBC2, MOH seemed fine however, warfighter was even worse than bf4

Last edited:
Dragon Pass is just a mess of a map imho, I don't see the point of having heavy armor on it when 90% of the routes only are about 2 inches wider than the tank. When you add in the tractionless contorl of the tanks in BF4 it equates to an insanely frustrating experience. The map is ok in itself but its vehicular load out is completely wrong. Guilin Peaks is a good laugh slightly let down by a couple of very very closely positioned flags in the center. It has 7 flags when really you could easily drop 2 from the middle so its not so compacted.

Back
Top Bottom