Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

What controls are mouse / keyboard users using for heli and jet?

I've always played with a joystick but want the accuracy / control of the mouse, so was looking to try and jump over...

apart from space bar for jets, bound to move up, that's all I know.

tips if possible please

For jets, i personally set W and S to pitch up and down, the mouse is fine for shooting, just when you have to pull up quickly in a jet, you have to drag the mouse down a fair amount in my option, so it makes turning a lot easier when it is mapped to a key.

Last edited:
i have the slider set at 0 but cant seem to set it to anything that makes a difference
my ping is good and never have issues in other games :(

Could be that with a different setting you'd see it less?

I know some people are saying that slider's all placebo, but the text on it does say at lower settings to expect more artifacts.

Try whacking it back to 30-50% for a few rounds maybe?

Another option is to adapt playstyle - change to silenced weapons and go sneaky-sneaky for a bit - gives you the extra half second to get the kill before they locate you. Not a long-term solution obviously, but could help reduce the aggravation for now?

Could be that with a different setting you'd see it less?

I know some people are saying that slider's all placebo, but the text on it does say at lower settings to expect more artifacts.

Try whacking it back to 30-50% for a few rounds maybe?

Another option is to adapt playstyle - change to silenced weapons and go sneaky-sneaky for a bit - gives you the extra half second to get the kill before they locate you. Not a long-term solution obviously, but could help reduce the aggravation for now?

i think half the the issue is that the odd cheated lag death annoys you to the point that you play badly because you are getting frustrated and that just makes it worse - keyboard rage ensues!!

The L85 is amazing, rapid accurate take downs, it somehow feels better than the old M16 in Bf3. Anyone else tried this baby?

I'll take your advice and try the ACE 21 next, loads of people rate it so hopefully its a tool of a rifle.

You were killing everything last night Nexus, 400 ticket server and you had over 70 kills, pretty awesome. (You must be running perfect setting). :)

Last night I vsyn'd my fps to 85fps, but the game didn't feel as responsive compared to playing with vsyn off.

Tonight I'll take a different approach by downclocking gpu's so my fps is below 100fps and run lower vcore. (Not worth the extra heat and energy cost pushing 115-120fps)

Regarding Premium, you already have China Rising, but your going to get early access on all DLC's and to be honest at least 2 of the maps are pseduo Jungle type environments and I actually rate them. Its so refreshing to get away from Desert and Urban warfare. I paid 18 quid even if half the maps are detritus its amazing value per hour. I'm not into the mechanised fighting thing but I did appreciate the Maps in CR.

I'll definitely try to get it unlocked tonight! Going to need to find me a camping sniper to get the defib kill :D :p

hehe, 32 kills via Ace 23 and the rest were from m249 and I flicked between a few other guns every now and then (m416, aek, aug etc.) Kept running out of ammo and you were at the other end of the map usually so had to pick up any kits I could find :p

Just using the same old setup on all my guns, coyote this time though, ergo grip + laser sight + silencer

Yeah I can't stand vsync on any game, running a mix of high, medium and low and it is pretty much perfect for me, frames aren't stupidly high and don't go below 58 (play on a 60Hz monitor)

I really want to get premium this time round and have no problem paying £20 or whatever but EA/DICE just don't deserve it :(

Can you link the guide that you used for the mexican proxy please

Ah, not just me then, it stopped working late yesterday evening. What the hell have they done now, the mobile site actually runs better than the app you know lol

The annoying thing is, i bet the iOS app is flawless....

Indeed.

Battlelog app is terrible, laggy, slow and just doesn't feel polished enough plus missing features etc. :(

Another area that has somehow got worse...........

actually tweeted that to the main man today !

i got one shotted like 6 times in one round last night full health lol :p

i think they actually made it worse not better !

What caused me to uninstall the game last night was kinda the same as what happened to you. However I was behind a guy with his back to me, I was using the best shotgun in the game and pounded not just his back but his head with my shotty. Not one hit registered, went for my pistol same again, he turned around and one hit kill I was dead.

Enough was enough, I went 5/14 as a vast majority of the hits were not registering. Yes I did die by my own mistakes but I'll not play a game that says sorry but I won't let you have that kill

It's not just mp with the buggy hit box netcode crap?
in single player it seemed the same to me..

sometimes I could shoot a guy like 30 times before he died :O

close to any wall ?

on some maps the collison is massive !

i had a lmg on one map firing and i was like 3 to 4 inches away from wall but the bullets were still not registering cause of the wall collison lol :p

bad collision bad hit reg boxes bad netcode = rage. especially if you dont have greatest connection.

close to any wall ?

on some maps the collison is massive !

i had a lmg on one map firing and i was like 3 to 4 inches away from wall but the bullets were still not registering cause of the wall collison lol :p

bad collision bad hit reg boxes bad netcode = rage. especially if you dont have greatest connection.

Yes, Locker...

Sometimes it happens with downed buildings, never a problem out in the open.

I have a great connection as proven, but this game really suffers from unregistered hits near walls, broken buildings and other objects. Others have reported leaves also being a problem as bullets don't always go through lol

Back
Top Bottom