Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Is there nothing that can be done about the FOV in vehicles at the moment? Literally just loaded up the game for the first time. Set FOV to 90 but as soon as I climb into a helicopter or something - the cockpit is ridiculously big. Can't see anything!

In bf3 higher fov was better as u had better view, movement felt better and it just felt more natural... but when you ADS the fov was changed to 65 I think....

In bf4 u have to use a lower fov because when u ADS the fov stays the same depending on what your using so using a higher fov for example 90 when u ADS it's still 90 and medium to long range shots were a lot harder... things like this are really annoying and it needed to be changed...

Same as vehicle 3rd person view it's like playing with fov of 50 and u can't see **** compared to bf3..
This is probly why i still think people look so tiny even when scoped in. In bf4 i use 70 fov, for bf3 it was at 85.

some good games with dodge, nexus, stonehouse n crispy.

last round was rush on one of the new desert maps, wtf is the point of rush when theres tanks n jets ?

best bit was one of the last m-coms is under out of bounds cliffs that the enemy can spawn or get to what muppet thought that was a good idea :confused:

I am personally loving the MTAR. I think it's one of the best guns I've used so far in the game.

What's your full spec for the ACE you use? I remember picking it up once and thinking "Hmmm wndsr like" :P

depends which one you grabbed

ace 21 I use heavy barrel, potato grip and kobra sights

52 I go stealthy, silencer, angled grip and kobra sights

all depends how the map is going :)

some good games with dodge, nexus, stonehouse n crispy.

last round was rush on one of the new desert maps, wtf is the point of rush when theres tanks n jets ?

best bit was one of the last m-coms is under out of bounds cliffs that the enemy can spawn or get to what muppet thought that was a good idea :confused:

That last rush map was just terrible! Was worse when stonehouse and I were left on the defense phase and we had to defend some boxes with an mcom on them in the middle of a flatish desert. Marty and I held off their whole team for a good 5 minutes of the 10 minute round on our own! (marty blatantly stealing my kills btw :p ) The rest of the time we just sat in a tank and they could do nothing... I mean wtf? How is that tactical or a challenge? You cant really flank over a flat desert and if you don't have a bike or a tank you're stuffed!

Was having a cracking game on Gulin pass, 25-9 and I crashed with a DirectX error. :( Then I remembered I OC'd my GPU a few days ago so now it's back to stock and we'll see what happens.

I wish the community could make there own maps dice can't design **** all right

was another map where there's a fair bit of jungle, and a fair few big rock formations for cover etc, but theres so much armour the cover is next to useless as you've got armour coming from every sodding angle, that's without jets/heli's.

the map could play so much better with a little less armour :(, by all means drop a few more bikes in there for transport so not every one has to walk :).

I wish the community could make there own maps dice can't design **** all right

Refractor Engine is a game engine that was designed by Stockholm-based studio Refraction Games, first developed for the video game Codename Eagle, which was released in November 1999. Refraction Games was later bought by Digital Illusions CE, and the engine was used in their flagship first-person shooter title, Battlefield, specifically the first in the series Battlefield 1942. DICE later designed and developed the Refractor 2 Engine to be used for the second installment of the sequel to Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2.
Games using Refractor Engine
Version 1.0

Codename Eagle
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Vietnam

Rallisport Challenge

Version 2.0

Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Heroes
Battlefield Online
Battlefield Play4Free
oh look the best BF games were all using the refractor engine

I wonder how many people from refraction games are still with dice as it might explain why the series went to ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom