Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

That last rush map was just terrible! Was worse when stonehouse and I were left on the defense phase and we had to defend some boxes with an mcom on them in the middle of a flatish desert. Marty and I held off their whole team for a good 5 minutes of the 10 minute round on our own! (marty blatantly stealing my kills btw :p ) The rest of the time we just sat in a tank and they could do nothing... I mean wtf? How is that tactical or a challenge? You cant really flank over a flat desert and if you don't have a bike or a tank you're stuffed!

I was enjoying myself tbh :D

Yeah good games tonight, unfortunately my connection is ****ed up, massive ping + jitter and lots of packet loss so couldn't stay on :( Besides was getting kicked from servers due to ping anyway.

Was rubber banding so bad and I hate it when you constantly zoom in/out due to the high ping.

Don't know how people can play multiplayer games with poor connection lines.

omg this so much, just had bad games on dragons pass getting camped in by the enemy team, nightmare

dragon pass and altari range are my least favourite maps out of the entire game!

Just awful designs :o

On dragon pass, I don't bother venturing far into enemy territory due to how bad it is for driving + soooooooooo many invincible trees that can bring a full on speeding tank to a complete halt :o Reminds me of BF 3 maps.......

The two jungle ones are way too dark too! Can't see **** especially in the cave area......

edit:

had a game on guilean peaks earlier and was ****ing me of big time, my team just camping around d flag (the cave) whilst I and 1-2 other guys going for flags and we just got slaughtered every time as you literally had half the enemy team going from flag to flag :mad: Thankfully my team picked up the courage to move from D and get some flags and the loss wasn't too bad, only a difference of 42 tickets.

Last edited:
for me BF is dead.

BF4 was dice's last chance to redeem themselves.

map design is truly awful, combined with all the other problems its so disappointing.

shame as i really liked the beta. :(

some good games with dodge, nexus, stonehouse n crispy.

last round was rush on one of the new desert maps, wtf is the point of rush when theres tanks n jets ?

best bit was one of the last m-coms is under out of bounds cliffs that the enemy can spawn or get to what muppet thought that was a good idea :confused:

Going to have to try and get some more games with you guys, been ages since i last did.

Though when i see you on 64 man servers it puts me off. :)

Going to have to try and get some more games with you guys, been ages since i last did.

Though when i see you on 64 man servers it puts me off. :)

mehhhh, get ya arse on :D

That last rush map was just terrible! Was worse when stonehouse and I were left on the defense phase and we had to defend some boxes with an mcom on them in the middle of a flatish desert. Marty and I held off their whole team for a good 5 minutes of the 10 minute round on our own! (marty blatantly stealing my kills btw :p )

yeah i don't like rush at the best of times, just reminds me of metro/lockers on a really bad day, with rockets n nades raining down lol.

marty is a bit of a kill stealing git, but he usually gives me a lift so i let him off :D

Last edited:
Yeah good games tonight, unfortunately my connection is ****ed up, massive ping + jitter and lots of packet loss so couldn't stay on :( Besides was getting kicked from servers due to ping anyway.

Was rubber banding so bad and I hate it when you constantly zoom in/out due to the high ping.

Don't know how people can play multiplayer games with poor connection lines.

dragon pass and altari range are my least favourite maps out of the entire game!

Just awful designs :o

On dragon pass, I don't bother venturing far into enemy territory due to how bad it is for driving + soooooooooo many invincible trees that can bring a full on speeding tank to a complete halt :o Reminds me of BF 3 maps.......

The two jungle ones are way too dark too! Can't see **** especially in the cave area......

edit:

had a game on guilean peaks earlier and was ****ing me of big time, my team just camping around d flag (the cave) whilst I and 1-2 other guys going for flags and we just got slaughtered every time as you literally had half the enemy team going from flag to flag :mad: Thankfully my team picked up the courage to move from D and get some flags and the loss wasn't too bad, only a difference of 42 tickets.

Have to agree on Dragon Pass , those trees are OP as they bring you to a shuddering halt and make you feel a knob as it then takes 30 secs to manouevre round them as you shunt back and forward several times ;)

Altai Range doesnt do it for me either , too big and everyone gets blinkers on around that D flag in the middle. I dont mind Guilin if your team takes and holds the flags not just playing merrygo round. Silk i've been enjoying just because we've been whoring the tanks and taking everything out from afar. Using the sabot and staff shells to marmalise the enemy armour :D

Good to see we came away with a 4 ticket win last night with MarkP and Marty on that Altai map (Nexus bailed on us hehe). Thought we'd blown it at one point and I was watching the ticket count drop as there was no way I was spawning as it went 5-4 , 5-3 , 4-2 , 4-1 WIN..

Last edited:
I do try to play as a squad in this game, and have a look at what class other squad members are and usually try and pick something to best support that... but often times people are just running off any which way.

So if am playing assault, I often find people don't wait a moment for me to drop a health pack. And often support people just don't drop ammo.

If playing recon, I try to find a nice place for dropping a spawn beacon (and typically avoid sitting sniping), only for people not to use it. One game in particular this annoyed me as it would have been so easy to take/keep a flag if I wasn't doing it alone :(

Every now and then it does come together for a great game though - just wish it was more often...

wee now jkust getting random DC's :(
Whats the double XP about?

Recognition for players or some crap, basically there way of saying sorry for the issues caused and XP lost due to crashing and so on.

It's been going for over a week now and some people have managed to get to max rank which is 110, it wasn't hard in the first place to rank up without double xp.

Back
Top Bottom