Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

So origin decided I have 10gbit fibre speed
4gbit.png

And then decided I have 100mbit instead.
fast.png

It was present in bf3 and was never fixed. So i don't hold much hope of it being fixed in bf4.

More in reply to neil really but its unfortunatly its near impossible to fix the issue of being killed just after you've gone to cover while still having good "hit registry" as you have to make a trade off between one or the other no matter how good your netcode is. Dice somehow seem to have managed to trade off both at the same time :( much of the problem I think is the netcode has been designed with consoles in mind so its extremely tolerant of bad connections - to the point that its quite a vague representation of whats going on - making it extremely poor feeling to play with on PC. (EDIT: point being they are way too lax on at what point damage can still affect you with larger latency variances whereas most games start to taper it off around 150ms BF4 seems to go upto atleast 500ms possibly no hard upper limit).

Last edited:
Reinstalled Bf3.. Metro.. Game is smooth as **** and feels snappy and lovely.

Cant understand why they decided to switch from Bf3 gunplay and speed of game in general to the sluggish **** that BF4 is..

Last edited:
think mine updated tonight, started origin and said update installed? but surely not downloaded that quickly? can i check a version number somewhere?
Also had 3 crashes tonight with stock clocks, one black screen and two blue screens, possible sound loop noise just before it.

Back
Top Bottom