Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

I still think helicopters are pretty useless. It is so hard to stay up in the air with one for any meaningful amount of time. There are simply too many anti-air lock on weapons, and when one hit can send you flying out of control anyway, they are just more frustrating than fun to use to be honest.

Scout choppers are very limited in their usefulness. Attack choppers end up hovering not far from spawn and using TV missiles. A shame really. They need to reduce the reload time for the flares/ECM. At the moment you get one chance (and even then it feels like half the time your countermeasures do **** all and with Active Radar missiles you get about one second warning) and then unless you can get out of range or find cover you're pretty much toast. The helicopters having time limited ammo was enough IMO. That and the power of the weapons they do have has been significantly reduced. Was on a tank in the scout chopper a few nights ago, two missiles and a couple of 30mm cannon runs and he was still driving around. Have DICE even seen what a Hellfire missile does to a tank? I agree that a single missile shouldn't destroy a tank but at the moment they're a joke.

Lol aslong as someone isn't using the AA in an exploitive fashion the scout chopper can dominate, especially if you have 2 engineers with repair tool + sraw and a support guy to replenish the sraw ammo.

From what I've seen the attack choppers though are a joke.

The hitreg seems to have gotten worse. How can I go from 16/1 scores to 16/10 scores in the space of a night?
Standing next to someone shooting into their back does NOTHING, this is so pathetic.

Lol aslong as someone isn't using the AA in an exploitive fashion the scout chopper can dominate, especially if you have 2 engineers with repair tool + sraw and a support guy to replenish the sraw ammo.

Scout choppers are pretty easy to bring down with a minigun though so on a map with boats they are useless (on maps with boats i enjoy just floating about with a minigun and destroying all the heli's).

yes if they have two engineers on board then they are a lot better but you shouldnt have to rely on that for them to be anywhere near usable.

They can never seem to get balance right tbh. In bf3 attack choppers were extremely overpowered and there was no way to take them down bar a very lucky rpg/tank main gun shot. Now in bf4 they seem to be the complete opposite.

The hitreg seems to have gotten worse. How can I go from 16/1 scores to 16/10 scores in the space of a night?
Standing next to someone shooting into their back does NOTHING, this is so pathetic.

My scores seem to be getting better, getting 30/10 in most rounds with a scar-h. I don't like the high rate firing guns, can't seem to control it but the scar-h seem to be perfect for me. I've been getting a lot of reports of me hacking :D

I'm getting extremely varied results hit reg wise - I suspect a certain degree is down to individual servers though not entirely - its never great but one game its liveable with and another absolutely dire almost back to back.

Scout choppers are pretty easy to bring down with a minigun though so on a map with boats they are useless (on maps with boats i enjoy just floating about with a minigun and destroying all the heli's).

yes if they have two engineers on board then they are a lot better but you shouldnt have to rely on that for them to be anywhere near usable.

Depends a bit on the quality of the pilot - the one I was flying with last night theres no way you'd have brought down with a minigun (especially not as I was repping past 90% of the damage that was landing hehe).

They can never seem to get balance right tbh. In bf3 attack choppers were extremely overpowered and there was no way to take them down bar a very lucky rpg/tank main gun shot. Now in bf4 they seem to be the complete opposite.

Jets are pretty messed up as well - once you learn some tricks for them that break the physics you can fly em almost like spectator freelook cam :( but otherwise without that they are horrendously unmanouverable on keyboard + mouse. (Binding a key to pitch up helps massively).

Ive had a good bit of success bringing down transport choppers like the huey. Several in one round with rpg and tank shell. Even managed to drop one with an he round from the underslung m320 grenade launcher.

Back
Top Bottom