Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Youd think that lost revenue/falling share price would make them get their finger out and sort the game asap.

if you read the article its comedy gold we are going to stop work on other projects until we fix bf4.

no we arnt we are continuing with other projects as normal :D

the share price and drop almost levelled out. lol

next big game is titan fall god help them if that brokebite engine 3 :D

Tbf i personally havent had an awful amount of problems with bf4. No game crashes in over 2 weeks now. Odd sound drop now and then and several attempts to join servers. But reading through this thread some people are having no luck at all. Bf3 was much more buggy for me at the start.

I really hope they fix this game, there is a lot of potential there - with a few tweaks to movement/streamline movement and action fluidity, plus a bit better netcode and some better maps it could be just as good as COD for close quarter fighting - on the days where the hit reg is somewhat behaving I have some good runs on locker that only end when I run into someone with better skill or one of the clunky gameplay mechanics that have a fixed timer to the animation or other fiddly implementation that takes away from my control :|

The sniper problem could be massively mitigated with better map design without making it frustrating to play as a sniper or as regular infantry (same for vehicles a lot could be balanced better purely by map design) and when the bigger fights do somewhat come together without things being too broken it is a lot of fun to play for those odds couple of minutes before something breaks or falls out of balance.

The reg problem will always be there though. Iirc bad company 2 started out with client side where it too was a joke. Think it was later changed and the difference was night and day. The last two moh games have been excellent for reg too, almost on a par with cod quality.

Tbf i personally havent had an awful amount of problems with bf4. No game crashes in over 2 weeks now. Odd sound drop now and then and several attempts to join servers. But reading through this thread some people are having no luck at all. Bf3 was much more buggy for me at the start.

Same. There have been a few dodgy kills where I still get shot when behind cover but apart from that, the game has been very stable, more so than previous BF games.

No crashes in two weeks is pretty good. Not even a CTD?

I went a week without a crash after the first update and thought it was fixed, then CTD's have slowly started to make an appearance again for some reason.

Sound drop outs have been fixed and never really had a problem with joining servers fortunately.

Hi, not sure if this is the right place.
My son is struggling to run BF4 and I'm not sure if he needs to upgrade (at my expense!)
I could only really afford either a new card or processor and don't know which will make the biggest impact.
He games at 1080 and runs win7 64.

His cpu is an intel dual core 3ghz and graphics card is a 1gb 7850. Also has 4gb of Ram.

Cheers and if this is wrongly posted please accept my apologies and feel free to move.

Scout choppers are very limited in their usefulness. Attack choppers end up hovering not far from spawn and using TV missiles. A shame really. They need to reduce the reload time for the flares/ECM. At the moment you get one chance (and even then it feels like half the time your countermeasures do **** all and with Active Radar missiles you get about one second warning) and then unless you can get out of range or find cover you're pretty much toast. The helicopters having time limited ammo was enough IMO. That and the power of the weapons they do have has been significantly reduced. Was on a tank in the scout chopper a few nights ago, two missiles and a couple of 30mm cannon runs and he was still driving around. Have DICE even seen what a Hellfire missile does to a tank? I agree that a single missile shouldn't destroy a tank but at the moment they're a joke.

I disagree about flares. In Bf3 you would find one team would steal the other teams jets and heli's and then because they could reload flares faster than you could reload a stinger and wait for a lock on, the other team would have complete air superiority.

I have had 0 crashes or sound loops since the patch. Though I did change it to war tapes and it crashed then and I didn't bother changing anything back...since then 0 crashes, fingers crossed. My hitreg is awesome now but I am pretty sure the jump from adsl to fibre had something to do with that, I have on average 1/4 of the ping I had before in every round too.

No crashes in two weeks is pretty good. Not even a CTD?

I went a week without a crash after the first update and thought it was fixed, then CTD's have slowly started to make an appearance again for some reason.

Sound drop outs have been fixed and never really had a problem with joining servers fortunately.
Think i had one crash the first day cr came out, screeching sound then dropped to desktop. Thats been the only one. Been very good ever since. Wasnt sure if it was the game or an oc issue as i had just reapplied my cpu oc.

My son is struggling to run BF4 and I'm not sure if he needs to upgrade (at my expense!)
I could only really afford either a new card or processor and don't know which will make the biggest impact.

His cpu is an intel dual core 3ghz and graphics card is a 1gb 7850. Also has 4gb of Ram.

Cheers and if this is wrongly posted please accept my apologies and feel free to move.
Quad core cpu is indeed a must have with bf4, 8gb of ram would also help as ive seen ram use as high as 5.7gb in this game.

I find the crashes where the game exe stops responding seem to depend a lot from server to server since the CR update - theres 1-2 servers I play on regularly where I know I can play atleast 3 maps in a row (on a good day I've made it a whole evening on some servers) most of the time without any crashes and other servers where I've never even made it through a map when I've tried them on multiple instances.

The dual core will be really struggling and 4 GB of ram is ok but BF4 runs much better with 8GB. What is the actual CPU? There's some good deals on RAM and CPU's in the bargains thread that rjkoneill posted.

I have had 0 crashes or sound loops since the patch. Though I did change it to war tapes and it crashed then and I didn't bother changing anything back...since then 0 crashes, fingers crossed. My hitreg is awesome now but I am pretty sure the jump from adsl to fibre had something to do with that, I have on average 1/4 of the ping I had before in every round too.
Adsl - fibre will make a massive difference. Ive played on my nephews setup which is pretty old compared to my spec in sig. But he's on fibre optic and i do a lot better on his setup.

I find the crashes where the game exe stops responding seem to depend a lot from server to server since the CR update - theres 1-2 servers I play on regularly where I know I can play atleast 3 maps in a row (on a good day I've made it a whole evening on some servers) most of the time without any crashes and other servers where I've never even made it through a map when I've tried them on multiple instances.

I think this is the case as well. There are a few servers i have played on that i have never experienced a crash on. I tended to stick with those for a while but since China Rising came out and i am not a premium owner, they are all now playing China maps : /.

This means over the past few days i have been trying loads of new servers and appear to be getting more crashes. I think it is a connection/server issue as well because before the patch when the levolution event in Shanghai basically crashed everyone out of the game, i got the same error message in event viewer as i did with the current CTD's ( 0xc000005 for BF4.exe). I know for a fact that nearly everyone on the server crashed out when that happened as well because the server went from full to half empty immediately.

I may try a different browser as i use IE and have heard some people stopped their CTD's by using a different browser. How can i make the BF4.exe open in Firefox without setting Firefox as my default browser?

Is it normal for it to take ages to load maps? Running spec is sig with Windows 7, game is installed on mechanical hdd but I have spare SSD space, worth moving it to there?

Yes, SSD is a must.

I haven't tried a mechanical drive with this game yet but i know for a fact it is quicker as i am nearly always the first or at least one of the first to get into a map. Map loading takes ~10 seconds.

pretty good because you get your choice of vehicle and you can always get some easy early points by capturing the first few control points.

I use a Samsung 500GB 840 (non pro)

Last edited:

Its a 1155 Pentium.
Looks like an i5 might be on the cards for Xmas then!

Thanks for replies and have a great Xmas :D

The cpu would be the best upgrade, you might want to get him a cpu cooler so he can overclock it (free performance) (I recommend a noctua DH-14 for cheapish air cooling) and some of that IC diamond thermal paste too instead of running the Intel cooler, if you do that buy an OEM chip instead of retail :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom