Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Yep, just heard from a workmate who plays it on xbox. Basically asking if the game is as buggy on pc as it is on console. When dice screw up, they definitely dont mess about, cross platform buggyness.:D

Yeh i was reading the official consoles forums on Battlelog and there is known crashing issues on there as well (Dice even have a sticky for Xbox One crashing!)

Are those with audio crashes using onboard or dedicated sound cards? Im currently on very poor onboard sound, but ill be reinstalling an asus xonar DX soon as ill have space for it again. Not ideal to use currently as theres only a slot available which is between my gpu's. Bfbc2 was notorious for crashing with onboard sound, moving to the DX cured theese for me back then.

It seems increasingly obvious that DICE were pressured into releasing before CoD and no doubt told EA that the game wasn't ready and would likely take several months before it was ready. The pressure of releasing on five different platforms with such a strict deadline just didn't mix but EA overruled them and insisted on a release and patch later approach. EA are now suffering for it. They could easily have let CoD release and everyone play it to death for a month or two and get bored then release when it was ready.

I've tried it on systems with onboard (various flavors of realtek), X-Fi, Xonar and even the USB Dolby dongle from my Sennheiser pc333d (CMedia internals I believe) all with the same results.

It seems increasingly obvious that DICE were pressured into releasing before CoD and no doubt told EA that the game wasn't ready and would likely take several months before it was ready. The pressure of releasing on five different platforms with such a strict deadline just didn't mix but EA overruled them and insisted on a release and patch later approach. EA are now suffering for it. They could easily have let CoD release and everyone play it to death for a month or two and get bored then release when it was ready.

While being rushed by EA didn't help there game engine shows many signs of shoddy work - stuff that should have been polished up long before there was any game designed on top of it - while it does a lot of big things very well the glue that holds it all together is a bit ropey IMO, I'd run a mile myself before I'd even consider using it as a basis for a game that I was developing - which is a shame as some stuff is really good especially when the lighting is used properly with radiosity, reflections and refraction, etc. in full play it can really make the visuals "pop".

Last edited:
I use a USB audio interface (as i use my PC as a DAW).

However, i have never had a sound loop crash? I did get those sound drop outs but the latest patch fixed that.

Everytime I join a server i get this...2mins of annoyance.
inprog.png

pistol only is pretty good fun! :D GG's with dodger, messiah, marty etc.

Have got all the pistols unlocked now, I think p226 is the best overall still, 93r and g18 amazing for close range but go through ammo so quickly.

Annoys me how the magnum and rex are so crap now :(

That is the patch from the other day :/

If you go into game details you will see you have 2 x China Rising. 1 is the early release version, 1 is the normal release version, for some reason they are different and origin keep messing up and try to DL the 2nd. YOu can stop this by deleting and re installing but can't be bothered with doing that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom