Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

I'm not too bothered about stats, but I have never played a Battlefield game were my losing streak is anything like as bad as it is in BF4, see below.

p3kj.png

And that's just the ones that are visible, there's been a whole lot more loses before that. :rolleyes:

No-one seems bothered to go for the win anymore...

So I finally installed this but it seems to run like ****

Massive stuttering and 'laggy' performance, and the smoke seems to flicker. Nothing so far has been to relieve any of this...

My hardware should eat this game for breakfast so what gives?

That is the patch from the other day :/

If you go into game details you will see you have 2 x China Rising. 1 is the early release version, 1 is the normal release version, for some reason they are different and origin keep messing up and try to DL the 2nd. YOu can stop this by deleting and re installing but can't be bothered with doing that.
Aye, see that now. Was able to pop on and have a quick blast. Ill just ignore the requests to update.

So I finally installed this but it seems to run like ****

Massive stuttering and 'laggy' performance, and the smoke seems to flicker. Nothing so far has been to relieve any of this...

My hardware should eat this game for breakfast so what gives?

Disabling core parking on your CPU if you haven't already, make sure your using either 331.65 or 331.93 nvidia drivers.

Set maximum pre-rendered frames for the BF4 profile in the nVidia control panel to 2 and create a user.cfg in the same folder as the BF4.exe with the following:

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1 (optional but useful to check fps if you don't use another tool).

EDIT: You will lose about 5% off the top line performance so might be worth revisting these settings if nVidia release another driver update but this prevents some of the stutter and microstutter that the game suffers from currently with SLI.

Disabling core parking on your CPU if you haven't already, make sure your using either 331.65 or 331.93 nvidia drivers.

Set maximum pre-rendered frames for the BF4 profile in the nVidia control panel to 2 and create a user.cfg in the same folder as the BF4.exe with the following:

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1 (optional but useful to check fps if you don't use another tool).

EDIT: You will lose about 5% off the top line performance so might be worth revisting these settings if nVidia release another driver update but this prevents some of the stutter and microstutter that the game suffers from currently with SLI.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I check the former? First I've heard of the term 'cpu parking'

I've played about 9-10hours of china rising now and I really want to like it but I have much better games on the original game.
Was really looking forward to it as back to Karkand was great loved most of the maps on that.

Also pistols aren't half as fun on BF4 eh Nexus?

Forgive my ignorance but how do I check the former? First I've heard of the term 'cpu parking'

Yours will be set to park if you haven't specifically done the tweak yourself

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx

guide there, its also discussed earlier in this thread - I have to do it on every single intel CPU I've played BF4 on or it stutters like crazy moving around :S that will be the biggest tweak the other stuff is just to minimise issues with SLI.

So, decided to use PDW's for a laugh and get a bit more exp with them.
MP7 seemed a bit weaker than it used to be, but I just unlocked the PDW-R and it's actually really powerful. Pleasantly surprised.

Yours will be set to park if you haven't specifically done the tweak yourself

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx

guide there, its also discussed earlier in this thread - I have to do it on every single intel CPU I've played BF4 on or it stutters like crazy moving around :S that will be the biggest tweak the other stuff is just to minimise issues with SLI.
Does make a nice difference with sli. 2 of my cores were parked. Also setting render ahead to 2 helped a bit as well. It's still a bit stuttery at times though.

Go into the testing range map and spawn at A and circle strafe on foot the monument thing while trying -1 (default),0,1,2,3 settings for ingame renderahead especially watch the vegetation should notice quite a difference in the level of stutter with the different settings.

Okay well I seem to have removed the lagginess/stutter, which helps. Several cores were parked, but I fixed that. Also tried your nvidia profile settings, which may have contributed. Thanks!

Now I just seem to have two more issues to fix. With VSync off, I get weird shadow distortions all over the place, horizontal black lines and stuff. With it on, I get the aforementioned smoke flicker, though it sometimes does it with light sources too.

You got any suggestions for that?

Game is full of cheaters:(

I aint bitter:D

On a somewhat serious note cheating seems to have abated somewhat - a week or 2 ago was seeing tons of people obviously wall hacking, dunno if PB has done another round of cleansing. Strangely not seen much noticeable aim botting - its usually rampant for a week or 2 after release in games like this til they get bored and move on. (EDIT: Then again I've played 90% hardcore dunno if its any different in softcore).

Don't think it's cheating I think it's the game giving you that impression from stupid hit reging and killed around corners! Believe me, I've accused enough people! After seeing videos like that fixthenetcode :(

On a somewhat serious note cheating seems to have abated somewhat - a week or 2 ago was seeing tons of people obviously wall hacking, dunno if PB has done another round of cleansing. Strangely not seen much noticeable aim botting - its usually rampant for a week or 2 after release in games like this til they get bored and move on. (EDIT: Then again I've played 90% hardcore dunno if its any different in softcore).

In my experience hardcore has more 'suspicious' players as they can get away with it as long as they don't go crazy. The lack of killcam means any wall hacks or aimbots isn't so obvious.

A couple of weeks ago I was killed by someone at flag C on Locker with M320 while I was outside in the snow, nowhere near the doorway at the stairs either. Hasn't happened in a couple of weeks or so.

Go into the testing range map and spawn at A and circle strafe on foot the monument thing while trying -1 (default),0,1,2,3 settings for ingame renderahead especially watch the vegetation should notice quite a difference in the level of stutter with the different settings.
Tried that and yep there is a definite difference depending on setting. It'll be interesting to see how it performs on a single 780.

Tried that and yep there is a definite difference depending on setting. It'll be interesting to see how it performs on a single 780.

On a single 780 my game plays flawlessly at 1080p, never dropping below 60fps.

It's extremely frustrating to have the hardware and ability to use SLI but not be able to due to it causing graphical glitches. I hope the next driver release fixes this.

Back
Top Bottom