Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

In my experience hardcore has more 'suspicious' players as they can get away with it as long as they don't go crazy. The lack of killcam means any wall hacks or aimbots isn't so obvious.

A couple of weeks ago I was killed by someone at flag C on Locker with M320 while I was outside in the snow, nowhere near the doorway at the stairs either. Hasn't happened in a couple of weeks or so.

Most of the hardcore servers I frequent have spectator mode on so you can check from first person - maybe why theres relatively little cheating. I've usually got a fairly good sixth sense for cheaters having played FPS games so long and against real top flight players enough to get a good feel for what is really good and whats suspect.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 780 :| don't really need it but been hovering over the buy button all weekend in indecision. (These 470s though I still love em do make a lot of noise in what is otherwise a very quiet system :|).

Was an impulse buy for me too tbh. Got it for a decent price. For bf3 one wf 670 was a nice upgrade from sli 470 especially as the card clocked crazily high. Was able to use much higher settings in game, power use and noise/heat dropped by very large amounts too. Current pair are grand at stock, but theres a very high temp difference between them due to the coolers. Which 780 model did you go for Rroff?

Last edited:
I can confirm that for me Crossfire is a BIG issue and the cause of stuttering! I switched it off and the performance was better, could run all high and stuttering went. Need to get that fixed or else I shall have to keep picking toys off the floor and putting them in my pram!

Crashy bag of crap tonight :(, and my first instance of being stuck on the revive screen and being able to do sod all:(.

cheers to those tonight for decent games in between crashes, and apologies for asking dodger wtf he was doing a sitting duck impression in the attack boat :(.

Changing subject slightly chaps.

What's the best launcher for the engineer class to roll with guys? I'm a pretty average player, I'm not very good with a gun but score a lot of objective based points as I play for the team more and not for kills. But, I have had the RPG for quite some time now, and I just don't get that many kills with it. I've unlocked all the launchers, so what would you say was another good launcher?

Crashy bag of crap tonight :(, and my first instance of being stuck on the revive screen and being able to do sod all:(.

cheers to those tonight for decent games in between crashes, and apologies for asking dodger wtf he was doing a sitting duck impression in the attack boat :(.

QUACK! :p

Good games tonight as always :)

I can confirm that for me Crossfire is a BIG issue and the cause of stuttering! I switched it off and the performance was better, could run all high and stuttering went. Need to get that fixed or else I shall have to keep picking toys off the floor and putting them in my pram!

running like butter here, download the latest beta drivers and have you got ULPS disabled?

the game runs very well performance wise - as always , but the memory leak bug. where everything grinds to a halt - and u check task manager 90+ %. lol, I might as well copy and paste. but I uninstalled ATI CCC completely from the computer, seems ok for now. I still get the occasional B4 not responding windows message.

very good game so much better than B3

Finished unlocked shotguns and LMG's today, got DMR's, sniper rifles and PDW's left.
Currently doing DMR's I like them they remind me of playing WaW.

K/d ratio is bombing hard, gunna have to do some Nexus style vehicle whore camping extreme aim botting™ soon. :D

Thankfully haven't had a problem with cheaters at all in this game apart from possibly 1-3 but that could just be down to the netcode........

With bf 3, I encountered loads for the first few months, so much that I took a break from the game for a few months.

Probably getting too annoyed with the game crashes etc. themselves :D

Update on battle log -- PREMIUM ONLY - XP BOOST CURRENTLY ACTIVE!

surely this is a joke now, mind u was since Battle log was created.

and you with rank 110 - joke

rank 110 here :(

But yes, it is a joke, everyone ranking up stupidly quick, I used a couple of 200 xp boosts and went from rank 103 to 110 in 2-3 rounds (exactly at 144 hours of gameplay time), SPM went from about 800 to 1296 (and still increasing [only using 25 and 50 xp boosts atm]) and if I where to use my last 4 or so 200 and 5 100 xp boosts, I would probably hit 2100+SPM in the next day or 2.

Essentially they have taken one of the most important/useful stats (IMO) and made it completely pointless :(

Feel like I have nothing to work towards now and so rather pointless using xp boosts unless I want to unlock something (but also got pretty much everything unlocked that I want, only really jets + helis left)

Finished unlocked shotguns and LMG's today, got DMR's, sniper rifles and PDW's left.
Currently doing DMR's I like them they remind me of playing WaW.

K/d ratio is bombing hard, gunna have to do some Nexus style vehicle whore camping extreme aim botting™ soon. :D

I can't be bothered with dmr's or pdw's, both are crap imo, pointless using a pdw when you got the choice of 3 great carbines, ace 21, 52 and ak5c

Will need to get shotguns unlocked as I quite like them on CQ maps but always prefer a nice carbine, assault, LMG over shotty.

haha :D The best way to play! :p Another 20 or so matches of tank or/and boat whoring and I should hit a 4+ k/d!

Surprisingly though I have more kills with guns (combined together) than I do with the tanks :eek:

Trying to get the jet ribbons tonight for the ucav and I suck so much with jets even when I got Joe, Tommy, xinan etc. covering my ass :( :o Can fly/control them fine, just can't hit **** apart from stationary targets, although it is my own fault since I am using WASD + arrow keys so going to switch to the proper setup, space for pitch, ctrl for down and jump in the test range for a bit later on today. Will be hard re-adjusting since I have used that setup for flying helis since bc 2!

Doesn't help when the enemy team's AA is setting back and using activ radar constantly :(

Speaking of ucav's, game is ending up like COD, quite a few people tonight using them on infantry, most of my deaths in a rush round was by the same two guys in a rush round earlier on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom