Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Bejusus! Got my thumb broken at work yesterday and some other rather noticable bruising! Can't use the thumb buttons on the mouse! Gar its annoying trying to spam z with one eye that works and no useable thumb!

If any joins me in game feel free to play the opposing team and get yourself some easy nemisis kills!

Josh
*cough ouch cry cough*

Crashy bag of crap tonight :(, and my first instance of being stuck on the revive screen and being able to do sod all:(.

cheers to those tonight for decent games in between crashes, and apologies for asking dodger wtf he was doing a sitting duck impression in the attack boat :(.

You've got to remember we were winning easily so needed to give the other team some comfort kills :D Seriously though I thought i had an empty boat and went into tv mode and hit their boat twice and just changed to guns to finish him off. I was on my last clip and getting frustrated he hadnt blown up yet and got the old blinkered/tunnel vision. Then that stupid fantang jet does a slow pass and melts me in what seemed like a second. Apologies for that :o

Changing subject slightly chaps.

What's the best launcher for the engineer class to roll with guys? I'm a pretty average player, I'm not very good with a gun but score a lot of objective based points as I play for the team more and not for kills. But, I have had the RPG for quite some time now, and I just don't get that many kills with it. I've unlocked all the launchers, so what would you say was another good launcher?
I use a combination of SMAW, RPG, Stinger and Javelin. SMAW/RPG are for close/mid range where I know it's about the damage. RPGs are better bang per buck for damage/cripple but SMAWs allow for super long engagements like shooting down the road from C to A on Zafod and you can fairly accurately shoot them out of helos. The stinger and jav are my littlebird weapons (I have a friend who pilots). Stinger makes other helos flare - pilot fires next. Javelin is the same but for super large ground maps where I know the air will not be an issue as we have superiority like Golum. If the pilot likes to circle a lot you may have to ask him nicely to keep you facing for the jav though or it will turn dumbfire a lot.

Strictly speaking the igla is a better AA weapon if you have the capacity to track but I find the stinger is better at it's role that I use it for - forcing the flare outs and just scaring aircraft :) SRAW's a good weapon too but I prefer F&F weaponry so I don't use it.

Ranked up a nice amount yesterday with Wndsr and some other fellow clan members in TFU. Using an ESL rules type loadout as we play some ESL like twice per week, seem to be getting the hang of it.

I am pretty handy with the RPG, most maps are not big enough to warrant the use of anything else. Although I can see the advantage to using the SMAW due to the speed the rocket flys at. The STRAW for some cool skill shots etc.

RPG is the hardest hitting I think but it still takes 3-4 hits to take a tank down, very annoying that even hardcore mode displays to the tank driver, which direction they have been hit from. Makes it easier for them to track you down :(

FOV, in 99.9% of shooters, when you aim down the sight you get a fixed FOV ie 65. This means you can run your in game FOV @ say 90 and keep good awareness while still being super accurate when ADS'ing. In BF4 they decided to tie your in game FOV to aiming FOV.

So I aim at the same point twice, once with 70 FOV, once with 90 FOV. Due to BF4 now giving me 90 FOV when I aim (so you can see around you, ffs DICE I just wanna shoot this guy hence ADS) that guy seems much smaller and further away on a 90 FOV screen.

They are going to fix this back to BF3 (and EVER other shooter) style ADS with the good ol fixed FOV but it isn't a priority as they have soo much more to fix.

Had a bit more play with support and unlocked the MG4. 200 rounds, 800 rpm goodness :D

If you want a real laugh with LMG's there is currently a glitch so that if you equip a bipod (works on any gun) you get the bipod accuracy bonus in passenger seats in heli's, boats, bikes etc.

anybody else find the hand held AA pointless ?

I seem to constantly achieve critical hits which cause the Jet or Chopper to plough straight into a hill / tree / the ground and crash and blow up ... but yet give me no credit.

in BF3 you could hit a chopper with a stinger, have it crash 30 seconds later and still get given the kill and the vehicle destory. But in this, you get nothing. Whats the point ?

Back
Top Bottom