Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

I agree and i hardly ever touch a tank

The only vehicles i use are the Transport choppers and Jeeps to get from flag to flag...

With them having so many LAV's and Tanks they really need to up the DMG on the RPG's

I'm told SLAM and Mines are the way to go, but I am terrible about placing them well.

Do they persist if you die?

Last edited:
SLAMs have ~4 metre Kill radius, 3 is a kill on any vehicle (it's 2 for a M15 mine). I prefer to put them on objects rather than the ground as IRNV gunners will spot ground SLAMs with ease. SLAMs are also C4 without the remote det - you need to put 3 on a vehicle and then the vehicle needs to accelerate a bit but when they do, kaboom time. They also work as underwater mines - on parcel put them under the bridges and between the islands (between B/C/D) in groups of 3.

The portable AA is not a primary kill device to me, you might get the odd kill but you really are de-flaring them, getting the odd cripple and opening the gate for follow up hits from your team.

M249 vs MG4 - http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?support=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC&attc1=None&attc2=None - the 249 pulls left more, the MG4 pulls right more but both are great. I prefer the 249 for sustained fire (less vert) but there's not much in it.

Theres a client patch coming at the same time as server R15 today as well.

server patch
We're rolling out a new server update starting at 11AM UTC Dec 9. Between 11-12AM UTC, BF4 multiplayer on PC will be unavailable. At the same time, we're rolling out a new game update on PC [battlelog.battlefield.com].

R15 Server Update Notes
-Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
-Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers
-Client patch compatibility to make servers compatible with the Dec 09 client update

Client patch
We're rolling out a new PC game update starting at 11AM UTC Dec 9. We're also rolling out the new server version R15 [battlelog.battlefield.com]. Between 11-12AM UTC, BF4 multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

Last edited:
SLAMs have ~4 metre Kill radius, 3 is a kill on any vehicle (it's 2 for a M15 mine). I prefer to put them on objects rather than the ground as IRNV gunners will spot ground SLAMs with ease. SLAMs are also C4 without the remote det - you need to put 3 on a vehicle and then the vehicle needs to accelerate a bit but when they do, kaboom time. They also work as underwater mines - on parcel put them under the bridges and between the islands (between B/C/D) in groups of 3.

I use the SLAMS exclusively too, always put them in groups of 3 for a guaranteed kill on any heavy armour.

Although has something changed recently because I use the perk that should allow me to carry 6 SLAMS. A week or so back I was able to place all 6. Now what happens is, I carry 6 but can only place 3. If I try playing another 3, the first 3 I placed disappear

aRE YIOU KIDDING ME. Had a great score, 2 tickets left on the enemy team and then bam all the servers have gone! Couldnt have been timed any worse :(

Wonder what has happened?

Client and server patch as per previous page. GSP's have been instructed to deploy at the same time as client goes live as server R15 will only work with the new client patch.

I am very thankful SLAMs sink, they are exceptionally hard to spot in the water line :D Also great for putting down on Hainan under the bridges. Hell you can even bait craft into following you over them with a jet ski if you're bored.
I use the SLAMS exclusively too, always put them in groups of 3 for a guaranteed kill on any heavy armour.

Although has something changed recently because I use the perk that should allow me to carry 6 SLAMS. A week or so back I was able to place all 6. Now what happens is, I carry 6 but can only place 3. If I try playing another 3, the first 3 I placed disappear

This is correct behaviour, the AT kit is:

LEVEL 1: MINES: Increases maximum inventory of AT Mines or M2 SLAM to 6
LEVEL 2: ROCKETS: Increases maximum inventory of AT and AA ammo to 7
LEVEL 3: MORE DEPLOYED EXPLOSIVES Increases maximum deployed Explosives to 6
LEVEL 4: FLAK: Decreases damage from explosions by 15%

Having said that, there is a bug and you quite often get an inventory of 3 even if you've taken AT kit. I suspect it's because 1/3 get reversed or something but am not sure, all i know is that it's not consistent.

Hmm weird mate, my download of this update is going very slow. Starts fine but drops to 30kbps in minutes.

fast.png

Back
Top Bottom