Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

3770k & 780ti coming your way soon then? ;)

Funny you should say the police have just rung, given me a crime reference number and informed me he is being charged with ABH for me, GBH on my other colleague and Common Assault on the 3rd colleague,

Not sure how to go about seeking compo tho...

A 4770K and another 780 would suffice!

Josh

had a good few games over the weekend :D epically close round with raider on paracel storm, I was on the winning team, then it auto balanced me after I capped 2 flags onto the losing team with raider so I then got my two flags back... came down the the wire! end of round screen came up with both teams on 1 ticket....then the enemies went down to 0 :D talk about cutting it fine......was totally all my doing ;)

have they patched the mortars? thought they couldn't be resupplied (i.e. once it's empty that's it? ) but deployed one to get the assignment done and after I fired the wave I ran off...randomly went back onto the mortar and it was fully loaded again :p

and again....I hate people who don't think when they play... was in a transport heli (gunner) thing was full... we got hit by one stinger but still flying fine and someone was repping...start flying low and past.... dude just bails out and we plummet into a wall and he essentially teamkills a full chopper because he wanted out. :(

You've got to remember we were winning easily so needed to give the other team some comfort kills :D Seriously though I thought i had an empty boat and went into tv mode and hit their boat twice and just changed to guns to finish him off. I was on my last clip and getting frustrated he hadnt blown up yet and got the old blinkered/tunnel vision. Then that stupid fantang jet does a slow pass and melts me in what seemed like a second. Apologies for that :o

no worries matey, he was kicking the crap out of anything that moved :(

[TFU] Thegoon84;25457949 said:
Hearing a lot of people lately saying their "bored"..... Think BF4 has flopped. Personally i'm finding BF4 mind numbingly boring

basically what these mega companies cant seem to grasp is fps is pretty much dead. no original ideas just big bangs and a movie like content.

thats why one week after buying most new games they already on the never to play again pile. :p

if you take away the shiny newness what is there ? there is nothing over any other fps and its actually worse. with the team EA/Dice has behind this it actually mind***** me as how its possible :confused:.

the stability for me has actually got worse with the more patches they introduce :p thats not uncommon in testing in alpha or beta but not full release. that alone shows you they dont give two ***** about who plays it.

i personally cant see the game doing aswell or living as long as bf3 which wasnt much better either. plagued with a lot of the same issues and now even more added on top. with the amount of resources money and dev team behind this project i dont know what the **** they do but they shouldnt be paid or hired again.

single player is just a movie press e and sit back watch poorly scripted scenes with terribad ai.

mp is a mess and even if it plays right and doesnt crash after a couple of rounds its boring. you played it before in many other variations. same ol same ol fps.

sooner or later it will catch up with EA and hopefully its sooner rather than later.

Is the server browser broke on this still?

I filter by conquest large and 48/64 players, ranked & official.

Only getting 1 or 2 full servers and the rest of the list empty?

Been practising with jets on the test range with the proper control layout for a bit today so you better watch out westie, Joe etc. :D :p

But in all honesty, I still suck, thankfully nowhere as much lol. New control setup is FAR better, was able to go from drone to drone and take them out quickly with good enough accuracy

Really enjoyed the jets since switching to this new setup, I am afraid that I might become a jet whore as well now...... :o :p

As for more AA lol.............NO! :p

One good AA driver can already dominate an entire map, can easily get 40+ kill streak with that thing on every map, shreds aircraft to pieces and can take infantry out pretty damn well too.

Well Balance in life is a good thing and i'd like to balance out the negative comments with positives. After around 200hrs of game play in BF4 and 50 hrs in the Beta. I can safely say the game is amazing and frustrating.

I love so much about this game, the graphics at max settings are absolutely stunning, the sound particularly in 7.1 or thx is pinpoint accurate and lucid, the complexity and feel of the weapons when firing, the plethora of specs and choices.

There are so many fabulous maps, I feel spoilt for choice sometimes (TDM maps anyway, except hurt locker and seige!!!). If I stopped playing this game now, I know I have got my monies worth. (Not gonna happen though)

I know the client side hit rate is fracked at times and that the servers crash and the sound loop crashing issue isn't 100% resolved (I experienced this on saturday for the first time), but this game has such beastly complexity and must have been such a huge technological challenge to code, that I'm surprised it runs as well as it does in all honesty.

Give it another month which probably would have been a better release date then the performance and stablility issues will be ironed out. More so now EA have publically refocussed DICE's resource on problem solving. (If the news is to be believed).

Dragon Pass+Guilin Peaks TDM is amazing btw.

Does anyone else have problems with throttle control on the joystick with BF4? I find it enters a complete deadzone at about 30% and controls become SUPER sluggish. Using mouse and keyboard, it seems fine. Grrr :(

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
Shot behind cover when changing stance
Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

Back
Top Bottom