Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

I really don't agree with the comments regarding Operation Locker being a poor map, I actually think it's one of the best.

If you don't like vehicle maps and prefer intense infantry fighting then Locker is perfect for that. It only turns into a meatgrinder when the teams are too stupid to make use of all the entry points. I'm pleased that they have included the snow section to allow for flanking, it breaks it up a bit and allows a good squad to break through.

I do however agree with the comments regarding it feeling unfinished. Some of the textures are so bland and boring. It would have been a refreshing change to walk into a building on Golmud Railway for example to find it has an interior. The previous occupants of building in BF4 must be the only people in history to have absolutely no interior decoration or furniture.

Agree with pretty much all that, although the clutter/interior would have to be limited to still allow a good amount of freedom movement wise as it can get quite busy at times around the choke points you mention.

Hitreg gone from good to all over the place since the latest patch.

The main problem with AA is you will get some guy on your team who thinks only he can have it, even though he has no unlocks so isn't as effective with it as you are, and his attitude means he will c4 TK you for it if he doesn't get it every time he spawns :/

I really don't agree with the comments regarding Operation Locker being a poor map, I actually think it's one of the best.

If you don't like vehicle maps and prefer intense infantry fighting then Locker is perfect for that. It only turns into a meatgrinder when the teams are too stupid to make use of all the entry points. I'm pleased that they have included the snow section to allow for flanking, it breaks it up a bit and allows a good squad to break through.

I do however agree with the comments regarding it feeling unfinished. Some of the textures are so bland and boring. It would have been a refreshing change to walk into a building on Golmud Railway for example to find it has an interior. The previous occupants of building in BF4 must be the only people in history to have absolutely no interior decoration or furniture.

It is excellent. Go on some random server, and run round destroying all their beacons so that the opposite team gets all the flags. Queue meatgrinder, then lob a medic/ammo pack down, sit back and watch the points stack up. Quick way to 10K points!

The AA is just broken in the game. Hainan Resort and Lancang Dam being 2 of the worst as mentioned above you don't actually have to leave spawn to shoot across the entire map. Thats broken and bugged no other way of describing it, if Dice had even played that map they would have realised the problem. People on here seem to enjoy bug abusing to keep their KD ;)

Also I like the fact that over the last couple of years COD/BF3/BF4 console bashing to find that most people on here play TDM or 32 player servers lol

Game is just broke and even though BF3 was buggy I really enjoyed it, this I am already getting bored with. It could end up being like Sim City, by the time its in a proper playable state I had already played enough of the bugged version to last a lifetime.

My greatest times in BF3 were playing 64 player conquest with a RL mate, with BF4 I actually have 3 other RL mates who now play but if one of us doesn't crash the map is completely one sided or just too small.

Its doubly annoying as you need atleast 2 people working together to kill it even assuming the person in the AA is sitting outside of bounds but in an open location.

I've taken sometimes to TKing people using it like that outside of map bounds as its pretty much an exploit and has ruined what was up until that point a good game.

^ This. Locker is actually a very well thought out map and has much more flow/possibilties than we were stuck with in BF3's Metro, which literally would end up with a choked up spam fest.

Also, while I agree with the point about building interiors on Golmud Railway, I have to say I really like that map and have had some fantastic battles on it.
Yes, the map is actually a bit too small for planes and heli's as AA can basically cover the entire map from their spawn, but it allows for some great tank battles and infantry battles as well. It just needs to be a bit bigger and a few more buildings randomly placed outside of the village area.
The map actually plays really well in Obliteration mode too.

Zavod plays really well too.

On a side note, I unlocked a few more weapons last night.
Unlocked the PDW-R and actually found it to be really good.
On carbines side, people say the ACW-R is pretty much the best, but I unlocked the ACE 52 CQB and even though it has quite a bit of recoil, it's awesome and just tears through people.
Also unlocked the G36C which everyone says is useless and went on a bit of a rampage with it. lol
It's horizontal recoil is bad though.

Last edited:
Would like to have seen more AA ..ie AA on most maps ...i love using the AA lol

What? AA is already mega overpowered in my opinion. I can happily sit for ages in a mobile AA in a secluded spot on the map and obliterate anything in the sky. if anything they need to nerf the mobile AA a bit.

think lancing dam is one of the worst for AA, jumped on a round last night and the moment I took off in the LB from spawn I was getting locked...had to fly as low and fast as I could until I could hide behind the buildings at D xD with active radar they just dominate the map as they don;t have to move anywhere and they can hit everything in map :p

I do like playing the AA though :p

Oh I dont use lock-on target missiles :) lol

Anyway to download the patch without using origin. Pos is playing up again and dropping the dl speed as low as 7kbps, usual nonsense of starting out nice and quick then just gradually dropping.

Not had crashes in a couple of patches, but the latest one seems to have reintroduced random lag and random frame rate drops. Nothing else had changed for me.

Play Bf4.. killed in action 4 times within 100 tickets.. ragequit.

Start up a golf of oman on Bf3, have a 6-1 ticket game that was actually solid as ****.

Seriously, gunplay in BF3 (nowadays) is ****ing spot on. Where as Bf4 feels like its brother that didnt get enough air at birth..

Back
Top Bottom