Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

The ACE23 is likely to get a nerf if you're looking for an assault because it's just so good but otherwise the guns are pretty much the same damage for all in a class and it's just RPM / recoil / reload that are different.

You'll probably get as many responses for the best silenced weapon as there are weapons but I like a nice high fire rate and decent stability when I'm ghosting it up so I use an MTAR (similar to the ACW-R) + wallhack grenades.

Make sure you guys all change your camo by the way - you can only do it ingame for some reason, go to edit your class and it's at the bottom.

Yeah, the MTAR seems to tear people apart up close but I found it next to useless for ranged engagements.
I will probably start testing all the carbines with silencers to see what works for me. Maybe the AK5C will do, it seemed an ok weapon at the time when I used it, didn't like the ACW-R though (can't remember why).

Anyhow, I've added both TS servers so will maybe get on to chat with you guys at some point.

Its rare but i was on a server that crashed the other day, Not as many as used to be though thankfully!

I do seem to have more BF4 stopped working when i quit the MP than i used to though. Not mid round, but when i quit out after the rounds ended it hangs on a black screen now and again.

Out of interest....
Whats the best Nvidia drivers at the mo?

Are the new 331.93's any good? Still running the 331.65's here as the .82's were a bit crap....

I went back to .65s from .93s - 93s have better SLI support and better minimum fps but its academic as they chug a lot more in heavy firefights.

Guys, can anyone actually help out a noob when it comes to 'Network smoothing factor'

What is it, what is it's purpose, and does reducing it actually help with latency/hit reg as much as people hype on about?

Cheers

The lower the smoothing factor the closer what you see on screen is to how the server sees the game but with the side effect that things tend to move around a bit more roughly and snap between positions, etc. I don't notice any real difference in quality of hit reg between any setting with it.

Guys, can anyone actually help out a noob when it comes to 'Network smoothing factor'

What is it, what is it's purpose, and does reducing it actually help with latency/hit reg as much as people hype on about?

Cheers

if you have awesome tinterwebz and usually have low pings in servers then sling the slider over to the left somewhere. if you're playing on a phone line made of liquorish and have a peasants ping then sling it over to the right somewhere. :p or just ignore it and live with a happy medium :p

I believe it's to to with syncing up the animations/hitboxes/data transferring. the further left you move it the more "up to date" the hit boxes will be but this can mean that animations are a bit jittery as they can be forced to update. where as moving it to the right can smooth out animations but can mean that the hit boxes might be slightly out of line from where they should be.

think that's basically the jist of it from my understanding. no doubt I shall be flamed and correct but I tried xD I just put it pretty far over to the left as my ping rocks the casbah, but sharia don't like it much ;)

I'll stick to the 65's until i hear anything then, cheers Rroff.

As for the NSF slider, I set it on 0 when i first got the game, haven't touched it since. My hit reg is usually spot on.

I'm running the latest .93 beta driver, seems fine, I do get some fps drops if I am around on the big levolution moments.Only about 20 fps, not sure if that is card or game mind!

Josh lol

Yeah, that is horrible playing on Hainen when the building comes down, IIRC I was at about 17 fps :/

Prob won't be on until late tonight, I've been made Team Symthic 10vs10 Captain and we have the 10vs10 + Commander tournament this saturday / sunday.

After some testing I've narrowed down my carbines to run with a silencer to:
AK5C (I know it takes the biggest muzzle velocity hit but it's a good alround weapon)
SG553 (seems a decent weapon, but maybe not as good as the AK5C)
G36C (it does drift a bit, and RoF is low)

Stats wise the AKU12 looks the best, but on trying it I'm not really getting on with it.
Tried the ACE 21 CQB with suppressor but not having much luck with it, has a bit too much recoil for me to work with, when going for a stealthy setup.

Last edited:
ACWR w/supressor is a beast! Got some funky recoil but if you learn to counter it you'll be golden.

Need to unlock a supressor for the 52CQB, expecting great things!

Josh

ACWR w/supressor is a beast! Got some funky recoil but if you learn to counter it you'll be golden.

Need to unlock a supressor for the 52CQB, expecting great things!

Josh

I actually just tried the ACE 52 CQB with suppressor (it's a great gun without one) and tore apart 3 people (one was carrying the bomb). It's a beast but the RoF can be an issue at times.

SG553 still seems to be my fall back, the ACW-R on the other hand I can't get used to it's recoil.

G36C is my weapon of choice in hardcore, probably too low RoF for normal mode. Dunno why but I do much better with it than any other gun.

Back
Top Bottom