Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
That would be your opinion. Dice need to take everyone's opinion into account, not just yours, thankfully.

The fact that you say it's only for ranking up, nothing more, and nothing but grenade and explosive spam, and nothing more, shows how out of reality you are.

Some games are mass grenade spam, but only some. Some use it to rank up, but only some.

Metro is a pluck feast of concentrated skillless fire, nade spams and general chaos..I hate it vehemently terrible terrible cod style bs....Yuck....

But thats my opinion....

Caporegime
Be nice if they could improve jet combat for bf4, bf3 its nothing but a game of loop the loop to see who gets behind the other. I was in a server yesterday and sat for literally 2 minutes watching 2 jets go around and around and around...and around and around before one finally got the upper hand, presumably because the other pilot was bored ****less. That's literally the limit of dogfighting in bf3.

In the sp campaign with the aircraft missions jets could bleed their speed quickly to get behind aircraft, something like that making its way into multi but having it tuned so theres a risk of losing control should you engage it so its not a "go to" solution all the time. At the very least it would freshen up the loop the loop a thon that jet combat is about currently.

Caporegime
That would be your opinion. Dice need to take everyone's opinion into account, not just yours, thankfully.

The fact that you say it's only for ranking up, nothing more, and nothing but grenade and explosive spam, and nothing more, shows how out of reality you are.

Some games are mass grenade spam, but only some. Some use it to rank up, but only some.

Really? Go into a metro 64 player conquest server and tell me what happens, I've played on a few the last couple of days and its nothing but grenade and explosive spam, and its pretty much been that way since the alpha which I also played, hence the complaints when it became the beta map because it was a TURD.. Even on smaller player count servers its basically a game of chuck grenade's into the choke points to hold back the enemy. I'm not sure what type of Shangri la type servers you play on but for the most part that's ALL it is.

And yes I stand by what I said its nothing but a point farming map, end of story.

I think you're the one out of touch with reality if you think that map "only sometimes" turns into a spam fest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? Go into a metro 64 player conquest server and tell me what happens, I've played on a few the last couple of days and its nothing but grenade and explosive spam, and its pretty much been that way since the alpha which I also played, hence the complaints when it became the beta map because it was a TURD.. Even on smaller player count servers its basically a game of chuck grenade's into the choke points to hold back the enemy. I'm not sure what type of Shangri la type servers you play on but for the most part that's ALL it is.

And yes I stand by what I said its nothing but a point farming map, end of story.

I think you're the one out of touch with reality if you think that map "only sometimes" turns into a spam fest.

well said.

how anyone can defend metro CQ is beyond me.

Caporegime
well said.

how anyone can defend metro CQ is beyond me.

Even rush its a complete farce, as the same tactics can be employed once the game gets into the train station. Its a bit different obviously on the first point in the park and when you get into the city area, but the actual "metro" chunk of the map is nothing but spam.

Soldato

I play Metro a lot, I don't need to play it any more to know how it is.

64 players is way too much for Metro, but it's not the only map that suffers from this.

Join a smaller game where explosive are banned, it's much better.

Caporegime
I play Metro a lot, I don't need to play it any more to know how it is.

64 players is way too much for Metro, but it's not the only map that suffers from this.

Join a smaller game where explosive are banned, it's much better.

So you're comparing servers where explosives are banned to ones where they're not and coming to the conclusion its not a grenade and explosive spam fest based on that? :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
I was in a game a few mins ago BF3 and atleast three people got banned its nice to see the message come up, as nine times out of ten its bloody annoying when someone shoots you dead with head shots 15 times or more from the opossite site of the map with an lmg lol

Associate
I'm not going to get into an argument on this one, But anyone who says that metro is the best map on BF3 is totally missing the point with BF and if it is the best map on BF3 then it just goes to show how poor the maps on this game are.

Soldato
Be nice if they could improve jet combat for bf4, bf3 its nothing but a game of loop the loop to see who gets behind the other. I was in a server yesterday and sat for literally 2 minutes watching 2 jets go around and around and around...and around and around before one finally got the upper hand, presumably because the other pilot was bored ****less. That's literally the limit of dogfighting in bf3.

you really have no idea of DFing in BF at all so please don't state an opinion on something ur clueless about...

Best UK DFer and top 16 in the world.. vs paring who is probably top 3 in the world at the moment. u realise in DFing u have to learn speed control, rudder switches, cuts, hooks and also have insane awareness

thanks

Caporegime
you really have no idea of DFing in BF at all so please don't state an opinion on something ur clueless about...

Best UK DFer and top 16 in the world.. vs paring who is probably top 3 in the world at the moment. u realise in DFing u have to learn speed control, rudder switches, cuts, hooks and also have insane awareness

thanks

And as usual the point goes flying over westies head why am I not surprised?

Dunno if you've noticed but there's a marked difference in the way casual players play as opposed to the "competitive" players, in pubs the loop the loop routine or the circling routine is very common, it literally is the most used thing I see day to day with jets, obviously the point being to pop the ecm at some point to disappear off the air radar to break the loop and gain an advantage. I see jets doing this virtually every day I play the game, its all some players know so I'm suggesting adding something in to give another option.

So what exactly would be wrong with bringing in the speed dump manoeuvre from the SP campaign as an option to bf4 multiplayer? You really have no sense of perspective and seem to expect people that play casually to know all the little tricks that players with hundreds of hours in jets know. I will state any opinion on a given subject I want, so kindly get some sense of perspective and stop flapping your gums.

Last edited:
Soldato
So what exactly would be wrong with bringing in the speed dump manoeuvre from the SP campaign as an option to bf4 multiplayer? You really have no sense of perspective and seem to expect people that play casually to know all the little tricks that players with hundreds of hours in jets know.

I sort of understand, it's like the whole hidden brake command through third party apps thing that was around for months, the nuances of braking/accelerating over and over and holding an abitrary speed that people had to figure out. That's what it's all about.

Although I'm a huge flight-sim fan and I just can't stand the way it is in BF, there isn't even an attempt to cut the line between sim/arcade and fit right in the middle, there's no blackouts or stalling or anything it's just.... eugh.

But hey, I shouldn't complain about it, others like it.

Caporegime
if you can run bf3 above 60 fps you should be fine for bf4.

as for jets like most vehicles in bf3 they arnt balanced well. infantry should be able to take them down easier and this would lead to better balance. a lot asked for this at start of bf3 but they were too busy messing with other none important stuff.

then again in public games most players are retarded and don't help out so that alone overwhelms you if you facing decent opponents in vehicles and all your nab team does is sit and snipe saying yolo look at my ratio blut 15-1 :p

Soldato
if you can run bf3 above 60 fps you should be fine for bf4.

as for jets like most vehicles in bf3 they arnt balanced well. infantry should be able to take them down easier and this would lead to better balance. a lot asked for this at start of bf3 but they were too busy messing with other none important stuff.

then again in public games most players are retarded and don't help out so that alone overwhelms you if you facing decent opponents in vehicles and all your nab team does is sit and snipe saying yolo look at my ratio blut 15-1 :p

Agree. They need to find a better balance stinger vs Jet. In BFBC2 the engineer had the dart thing and a rpg if I rember rightly?

Last edited:
Permabanned
All DICE need to do is this very easy and simple solution.

"Take BF2 exactly as it is with all its features and maps and update it with the latest Frostbite engine and graphics of BF4."

That is all they need to do for a guaranteed winner which will sell millions:)

Caporegime
no it wont though. it will appeal more to hardcore pc players or veterans but that wont make it sell more it will probably sell less as its a console game first then a pc game second.

Back
Top Bottom