Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
The one thing that ticks me off about Jets in BF3 is how utterly useless I am in them. Using a 360 controller, I would say 80% of the time I am out-turned by the other guy as he can somehow flip his plane in a tighter arc than me. And literally no amount of practice on my part has allowed me to improve this. I don't know if the other guys are all KB/M, or joystick or what, but my flying skills are mediocre at best....:*(

Associate
Really? Go into a metro 64 player conquest server and tell me what happens, I've played on a few the last couple of days and its nothing but grenade and explosive spam, and its pretty much been that way since the alpha which I also played, hence the complaints when it became the beta map because it was a TURD.. Even on smaller player count servers its basically a game of chuck grenade's into the choke points to hold back the enemy. I'm not sure what type of Shangri la type servers you play on but for the most part that's ALL it is.

And yes I stand by what I said its nothing but a point farming map, end of story.

I think you're the one out of touch with reality if you think that map "only sometimes" turns into a spam fest.

Metro is not supposed to be played in 64 player conquest....

There in lays your problem.

Play it with 32, in rush, and it's an awesome map, still one of my favourites.

Soldato
no it wont though. it will appeal more to hardcore pc players or veterans but that wont make it sell more it will probably sell less as its a console game first then a pc game second.

I agree with you, in today's market a big Multi Platform release will always be tailored to console first, where there are more sales. I doubt we will get another BF similar to BF2, the market has moved on, unless there is special remake of 2.

Soldato
Be nice if they could improve jet combat for bf4, bf3 its nothing but a game of loop the loop to see who gets behind the other. I was in a server yesterday and sat for literally 2 minutes watching 2 jets go around and around and around...and around and around before one finally got the upper hand, presumably because the other pilot was bored ****less. That's literally the limit of dogfighting in bf3.

In the sp campaign with the aircraft missions jets could bleed their speed quickly to get behind aircraft, something like that making its way into multi but having it tuned so theres a risk of losing control should you engage it so its not a "go to" solution all the time. At the very least it would freshen up the loop the loop a thon that jet combat is about currently.

Had this so many times its annoying, Flying around in circles for 5minutes just bores me so I fly away and jump out.

Also agree that not everyone knows the in/outs and special secret awesome Wow skills the No.1 - 5 players in the world know.

Soldato
The one thing that ticks me off about Jets in BF3 is how utterly useless I am in them. Using a 360 controller, I would say 80% of the time I am out-turned by the other guy as he can somehow flip his plane in a tighter arc than me. And literally no amount of practice on my part has allowed me to improve this. I don't know if the other guys are all KB/M, or joystick or what, but my flying skills are mediocre at best....:*(

Mediocre? I cant fly heli's and jets at all using m/kb.

I just avoid them.

Soldato

Get the BF3 settings editor and there are 2 options for light brake or hard brake (something along those lines). Bind the hard break as It allows you to decrease your speed to the point where your plane stops and falls, but if you do it at a certain point (might be 120km/h as I havent played in ages), you can do a sharp turn ;)

-Edit- Here you go, got you a picture!

-Double Edit- Sorry, really showing my gaming age here! See westie's comment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get the BF3 settings editor and there are 2 options for light brake or hard brake (something along those lines). Bind the hard break as It allows you to decrease your speed to the point where your plane stops and falls, but if you do it at a certain point (might be 120km/h as I havent played in ages), you can do a sharp turn ;)

-Edit- Here you go, got you a picture!

0j33.png

Sorry to go OT :)

welcome to 14 months ago...

Hard brake was taken outta the game ages ago!

Caporegime
Metro is not supposed to be played in 64 player conquest....

There in lays your problem.

Play it with 32, in rush, and it's an awesome map, still one of my favourites.

Think you need to re-read my post. Even with smaller player counts it still degenerates into explosives being lobbed into choke points. I've not played it on rush in a long time but back in the alpha and beta it was no different.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's like watching the noob (from battlefield friends) playing BF 4, terrible aiming etc............... :o

Looking good so far, lets all just hope it stays that way in the final game........

Caporegime
Think you need to re-read my post. Even with smaller player counts it still degenerates into explosives being lobbed into choke points. I've not played it on rush in a long time but back in the alpha and beta it was no different.

It was primarily designed with the consoles in mind. Consoles have 24 players, 12 per team. That's usually 3 or 4 at side stairs, same again at front stairs, a few at back stairs and a few dead at any one time.

You can't get tons of points m320 spamming side stairs when there are only 3 or 4 people there as they won't bunch up like they do on 64 or 32 player servers

Caporegime
The more and more I read about this, the better it sounds (it actually looks and sounds like they are listening and doing what the majority want this time but then again, it was the same with BF 3 before release so will wait to see the final game first......).

Also, the clips that they are giving some youtubers look utterly fantastic in terms of graphics and it sounds absolutely immense :cool: Lets just hope DICe don't go with their "artistic filter" for the final game though! :p

rwaV4iJ.jpg

I just can't help but feel that they are making this too complicated for some gamers and themselves (when it comes to the balancing etc.). I loved the simplicity of BC 2 as a game overall, to me BF 3 just has "too much" going on (especially with the unlock system), although it doesn't help when the UI is **** poor for PC.

I also don't know about the new squad perk system, so far the game is sounding too "team orientated" and whilst great, you have to remember that most of the gamers don't work as a team in this game, only people that work together is when you are playing with friends etc. on teamspeak or whatever so I don't want to see people who play as a lonewolf getting badly raped, not to mention it could make landslide wins even more of a problem in BF 4.....

The only thing that I really want to see in detail now are the maps, begging for far better maps and hopefully they all have a different feel to them as imo most of the maps for BF 3 all feel very similar and look pretty similar. I hope there is at least 1 jungle map! :cool: Would love to see valparaiso and laguna presa from bc 2 make a return :D

Caporegime
Have to give it to DICE, they have a superb marketing/advertising team, their trailers just makes you want to throw tons of money towards them! I will still be waiting till I read consumer thoughts and watch/listen to youtubers gameplay thoughts etc. from the final game before buying though, unless between now and then, you can get it for a great price i.e. less than £30 :p

Can't wait for the beta, hopefully they will give us a couple of maps to play with.

From what we seen there, that map looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom