Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Maybe before you all spit your dummies out you should actually read what unlocks are included with the digital deluxe version as it clearly says on the Origin store that it includes 'vehicle shortcut bundle for Battlefield 3'

:p

Ow snap you are right. I totally missed the part that its the vehicle unlocks for BF3 not 4. Thank god though was gutted having all vehicles unlocks at the start of BF4. Takes a heap of the fun away at launch.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing what metro will be like in BF 4, it could have been an excellent map with a few changes and levolution could bring an interesting twist to it (trailer showed a support beam/ceiling collapsing on some guy) As someone else said a while ago, die hard 3 and the train bomb scene! :D

I don't like wake island due to:

- HORRIBLE depressing colours
- mainly vehicle based
- lack of cover

It is quite a good rush map though.

Damavand peak is ok, again a lot of areas poorly designed on it. Levolution could be having the big building/cliff side area fall of/collapse (area you base jump from) and change the bottom area, much like the building falling on the alpha/e3 map.

All in all, levolution is what I am most excited about as if done right this could be a big game changer :cool:

I would say Damavand is the best example of the map bottleneck. The map is so poorly designed in the shape of hourglass that most of the action mainly takes place in the dark tunnel with the progression coming to a grinding halt.

Yup it is poor on conquest.

The maps in this games are just so poor, the only ones I like:

- aftermath maps
- bazaar
- the b2k maps except for wake island
- cq maps
- caspian

the rest are pretty decent on rush but just can't get on with them maps on conquest :(

Haven't got end game or armoured kill. End game maps look boring/poor imo and armoured kill maps looks superb but not my type of gameplay with all the vehicles.

Don't know why they are bringing back a fair amount of bf 3 maps and not any of the superior bc 2 maps :confused:

Looks like BF3 with some added weather effects. Why can't we have 128 players? That would have made it feel more like a sequel. They even use the same voices :/ and yeh Heli stupidly overpowered as usual. At least in Planetside 2 we have loads of flak we can throw into the air.

Looks like BF3 with some added weather effects. Why can't we have 128 players? That would have made it feel more like a sequel. They even use the same voices :/ and yeh Heli stupidly overpowered as usual. At least in Planetside 2 we have loads of flak we can throw into the air.

I think 128 players would be nice but I often have my favourite games on 32 man player servers. I think squad play can have a much bigger difference on the overall game with less people playing, but that's just me. If I'm flying however 64 is allot more fun - more things to smash :)

Does anyone know if BF4 will provide better incentives for squad play?

Yup it is poor on conquest.

The maps in this games are just so poor, the only ones I like:

- aftermath maps
- bazaar
- the b2k maps except for wake island
- cq maps
- caspian

the rest are pretty decent on rush but just can't get on with them maps on conquest :(

Haven't got end game or armoured kill. End game maps look boring/poor imo and armoured kill maps looks superb but not my type of gameplay with all the vehicles.

Don't know why they are bringing back a fair amount of bf 3 maps and not any of the superior bc 2 maps :confused:

I think what DICE learnt from BF3 is that brining back maps from BF2 does not really work.

I think 128 players would be nice but I often have my favourite games on 32 man player servers. I think squad play can have a much bigger difference on the overall game with less people playing, but that's just me. If I'm flying however 64 is allot more fun - more things to smash :)

5man squad and voip.
so yea with commander it be better.

128player the servers wont handle well.
BF4 have so much going on that even 64players + commanders is way enough.

I find even with Bf3 many providers dont scale the server park enough.

Heli stupidly overpowered as usual

Ontop of BF3s AA Helis in BF4 are now up against:
- Small arms fire which damages them
- much faster moving rocket projectiles which make them easier to shoot out the sky
- the AT-4 (w/e it's called in BF4) making a return making them much much easier to shoot out the sky
- Those boats apparently have an AA setup... you seen how many boats there were?

I'm sure they're still going to be free K/D/SPM inflaters as per usual, but they're most likely not going to be the ultra dominant presence they are in BF3.

The new perk system plus I believe you get much more squad play related scoring.

No thanks, I don't want to see any more players! 64 player on pretty much every single bf3 map (with the exception of aftermath and b2k and probably armoured kill) are AWFUL! They weren't designed for that, they were designed for the console players (32 or whatever it is), it just becomes too chaotic and plus I find 64 player servers more laggy than others.

You can't really judge how powerful boats etc. are as people are playing without unlocks so many won't have the RPG etc. Plus many won't have a clue what they are doing and would probably just be checking out stuff like the levolution etc.

So we will have to wait and see in the beta and final game.

As above, I don't think aircraft will be as much of a problem this time round, unless you have a really crap team or are facing a really awesome team that are on teamspeak etc.

Boats are certainly looking extremely powerful and with all the gunner seats etc. taken up and on teamspeak, you could cause some serious rape to both air and sea and any infantry on land that you can spot.

Once I get my AT 4 back, no heli, jet etc. will stand a chance! :p Absolutely loved using that in bc 2, best weapon ever! (couldn't use it at first but then I practised with it non stop and watch videos etc. for like a week and could shoot anything down then)

I just hope this game doesn't focus too much on vehicle stuff as I am more of an infantry player and so far it looks like this is going to be a tough game for them.....

I will probably stick mostly to rush mode again since it is more infantry than vehicle gameplay.

They might do, and charge you a tenner for it.

Suckers gonna suck.

Well tbh I would pay a tenner for the bc 2 maps! :o :p

Loved those maps, just had a great design throughout (except a few bottleneck areas on certain maps)

5man squad and voip.
so yea with commander it be better.

128player the servers wont handle well.
BF4 have so much going on that even 64players + commanders is way enough.

I find even with Bf3 many providers dont scale the server park enough.

I guess its basically everything BF3 should have had. You can almost think of BF4 as BF3 Release 2.

Hell yes. Your squad will start out with one perk each. The only way to get more is via squad points. So reviving squad mates, healing squad mates, re-supplying squad mates etc..

You can get 4 squad perks, but only playing as a squad. Further more if your squad gets wiped you lose 1 perk each time you get wiped

Back
Top Bottom