Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Was this vid linked? Multiplayer gameplay (not a trailer) from the paracel storm map.

Really like the speed of the rpg's, they were incredibly slow in bf3 by comparison. A real wtf moment was him shooting the wind turbine to allow the ship to break free.

Some more

Remotely fired mortar in this vid, functions similar to the eod bot or mav using a remote.

I've got loads of gameplay and other Linked in the consoles thread OP

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18519238

These Interviews from the gamescon live stream are worth a watch

This shows the extent to which stuff can be customised in BF4

Last edited:
Game play and the game itself "looks" great but no doubt once we all get to play the final game ourselves and the new shiny excited feeling wears of, the biggest issues will still be there; poor vehicle to infantry balance, landslide wins, too much going on with regards to unlocks etc. :(

If they have managed to fix/improve those things then I am sold!

All in all, so far this game is looking VERY vehicle orientated, not a bad thing necessarily but not a good thing if you like playing as infantry.

I wish we were getting battlefront this year instead though!

Just watched jack frags other video and do not like the remote mortar idea one bit! Also don't like the IRNV scope thing or whatever it is, looks like it will need to receive the same treatment as it did in bf 3 i.e. big nerf!

I really wish they would stick to the basics rather than adding as much possible to the game just for the sake of it, just takes away the fun from the core/base experience imo.

The game definitely needs a bit of a vibrance boost as it is looking pretty dull/lifeless still (much like wake island on bf 3 currrently), at least it looks better than bluefield 3 :p

Just watched jack frags other video and do not like the remote mortar idea one bit! Also don't like the IRNV scope thing or whatever it is, looks like it will need to receive the same treatment as it did in bf 3 i.e. big nerf!

I really wish they would stick to the basics rather than adding as much possible to the game just for the sake of it, just takes away the fun from the core/base experience imo.

The game definitely needs a bit of a vibrance boost as it is looking pretty dull/lifeless still (much like wake island on bf 3 currrently), at least it looks better than bluefield 3 :p

I'm just hoping that vehicle health regen is an early build issue, it didn't even seem to be disabled for any length of time before the health just went back up. :confused:

I really like the fact that you can shoot out lights indoors so that you need NODs/Flashlights, etc. to navigate through those areas without any light. This creates some interesting tactical possibilites. So I have to disagree with you that they should stick to the basics.

I'm just hoping that vehicle health regen is an early build issue, it didn't even seem to be disabled for any length of time before the health just went back up. :confused:

Hopefully just a bug or something although can't say I would be surprised if DICE have done that on purpose :rolleyes: Health regen for vehicles is just utterly stupid and should never have been implemented in the first place.

Should bring back the bc 2 vehicle damage system, that was more or less perfect.

I really like the fact that you can shoot out lights indoors so that you need NODs/Flashlights, etc. to navigate through those areas without any light. This creates some interesting tactical possibilites. So I have to disagree with you that they should stick to the basics.

Yeah that stuff is superb, it is the specific gadget for spotting that he was using outside, any vehicle and infantry was just an orange blob against a green background.

I HATE the tac. flash light in bf 3, such a noob tactic imo, have no problems with it blinding you when your environment is VERY dark or/and you look directly at it when quite close up but it shouldn't have any affect at all when in bright conditions and/or looking at it from an angle.

When I say back to basics, I mean reducing the amount of unlocks, squad perk system, removing things like vehicle regen, taking away the 3D spotting etc.

also noticed that defibs are an unlock as well :rolleyes: That should be a standard thing.......

Last edited:
also noticed that defibs are an unlock as well :rolleyes: That should be a standard thing.......

Doesn't look like much lessons have been learned, if they're unlocks you can bet your ass flares on aircraft are, hence drama about stingers being overpowered yet again, which then stokes the fires of the dice nerf train where they utterly destroy the weapon in question before going back and forth on "fixes" for it, WOOO WOOOO!.

Last edited:
I just hope they sort out the netcode - I think they mentioned this as an improvement on BF3.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :D

no!

you wont get good reg on a EA fps game again.

would love them to cut that rubber band tied to your back though.

120 fps running round and still feels like 30 most of the time.

In one of those vids his little bird armour regenerates from 17% back up to full again, that's a bit cack that they seem to have lowered it that much =/

vehicles no longer automatically disable below a certain HP.

To disable a vehicle you need to do locational damage to immobilise it. The whole concept of a vehicle getting to 50% health and then suddenly becoming immobile and will self destruct unless repaired has gone. To kill a vehicle you are going to have to do that - kill it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom