• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Associate
So i signed up for a month with Origin access to grab Battlefield V and spent a few hours on it yesterday. Was fairly excited to see some RTX content first hand to be honest.

I can confirm to be the same as all the rest with the performance side, getting roughly 50/60 fps with a range of settings from low to high at 1440p. Only played single player.

The game itself is absolutely beautiful, with or without RTX. Getting well over 100fps @ 4k Ultra with HDR and no RTX and a playable frame rate at 1440p with RTX enabled.

This is by far the best looking game i have seen for a long time and feel the RTX adds an element of immersion i have never experienced before.

I would also like to point out that i am well aware of being an early subscriber to the RTX craze and wasn't expecting it to be a polished machine but more of a testing phase i guess. We all/some are happy to pay for early access on steam to be disappointed or blown away with what we have purchased but ultimately we are a generation of beta testers for these companies to iron out the creases, although this is slightly more expensive than a Steam purchase but the premise is the same. Weather you agree with my analogy is open for debate but i am a middle aged man with a wife and 2 kids who earns enough cash to support them and his PC gaming habit that i am comfortable with my decisions.

If RTX falls flat, at least i can say i was along for the ride and had my own opinion, i still have a 2080ti that eats 4k for breakfast with or without RTX......

Caporegime
Just been playing Rotterdam with RT on and omfg, it looks amazing. Frames are decent there also and sitting 60 and above for the most. Occasional split second freeze, which is quite annoying but that is a DX12 thing and does it with RT on or off. I suck though lol

Soldato
I thought performance at 1080p with RT on was around 40fps with a 2080ti?

I wouldn't call that a glorious experience.

I mean this is borderline unusable especially online.
Yes, it's hugely disappointing to be honest. I'm glad I sent my faulty 2080 Ti back for a refund.

Soldato
Just been playing Rotterdam with RT on and omfg, it looks amazing. Frames are decent there also and sitting 60 and above for the most. Occasional split second freeze, which is quite annoying but that is a DX12 thing and does it with RT on or off. I suck though lol
Is it managing with AA on? Probably need a decent dose of that at 1080p and it will look good in my book.

Soldato
But then Gregster is saying he is getting 60fps and above.
I watched Gregster's videos and in the short sequence that was shown it dropped under 60FPS a number of times with low ray tracing. With ultra ray tracing it was under 60 all of the time (more like 40) and even dropped to 18 FPS at one point. This was at 3440x1440 though.

Soldato

Candyland tested Battlefield V DXR with Ryzen 7 2700X, 32GB RAM and RTX 2080 Ti, ran much better with DXR Ultra 1080p@60fps, 1440p@40-50 and 4K@25-30

Fixed. I gave you the 60 at 1080p but at 1440p it was not holding 50 and at 4k it was a mess, a lot of the time below 30. I think those using RTX should use low as it gains a good chunk of performance and so far i have not seen to much difference from low to ultra in visuals.

Last edited:
Caporegime
But then Gregster is saying he is getting 60fps and above.

@Gregster needs to post what other settings he has "HAD TO TWEAK DOWN" On his £1300 GPU to post this guff.

Care to cover this in more detail...what are your other settings?

Associate
Maybe BFV isn't the game to showcase RTX. Put me in the unimpressed camp. Cut your performance by 2/3rd's for slightly better reflections. How about no thanks. Playing games with RTX at 4K/120+ FPS is like 4 GPU generations away.

Caporegime
@Gregster needs to post what other settings he has "HAD TO TWEAK DOWN" On his £1300 GPU to post this guff.

Care to cover this in more detail...what are your other settings?
You really are on a mission and deal out so much BS to all about buy this and your choice but then continue to bang the same old tripe again and again. You really are a sad man who needs to get out more.

I also posted my vid in my BF5 thread and my settings are fully maxed with low RT on. I don't mind a good bit of humour but you come across as quite vindictive in truth.

Caporegime
You really are on a mission and deal out so much BS to all about buy this and your choice but then continue to bang the same old tripe again and again. You really are a sad man who needs to get out more.

I also posted my vid in my BF5 thread and my settings are fully maxed with low RT on. I don't mind a good bit of humour but you come across as quite vindictive in truth.

I didn’t go in there as any negative rhetoric about RT ruffles feathers of the 2080ti elite.

Why not post some useful data...like getting decent FPS with RT with tweaked settings..

You even posted a video showcasing RT in a map that doesn’t really showcase it?

I’m confused? Either you know what you’re doing or not?

Or are you just after YouTube hits?

Genuine question....all you do is promote how good RT is...it’s boring and not remotely accurate considering the tests have already been done online.

Face facts...and I’ll happily encourage you in your postings...but as things stand you come across as desperate mate.

It’s only cause I care that I ask you to post genuine data not purchase justification rhetoric.

Soldato

Yep me too!! lol I blame the game, still not too bad at BF4 after all this time away from gaming.

Soldato
Maybe BFV isn't the game to showcase RTX. Put me in the unimpressed camp. Cut your performance by 2/3rd's for slightly better reflections. How about no thanks. Playing games with RTX at 4K/120+ FPS is like 4 GPU generations away.

In 4 generations away, that probably 8 years time but in 2026 with old 4K monitors?

Forget it! People will play RTX games at 10K/60 FPS with cheap 10K HDTV/monitors with HDMI 2.1 VRR in 2026.

Caporegime
I didn’t go in there as any negative rhetoric about RT ruffles feathers of the 2080ti elite.

Why not post some useful data...like getting decent FPS with RT with tweaked settings..

You even posted a video showcasing RT in a map that doesn’t really showcase it?

I’m confused? Either you know what you’re doing or not?

Or are you just after YouTube hits?

Genuine question....all you do is promote how good RT is...it’s boring and not remotely accurate considering the tests have already been done online.

Face facts...and I’ll happily encourage you in your postings...but as things stand you come across as desperate mate.

It’s only cause I care that I ask you to post genuine data not purchase justification rhetoric.
You went in and posted a popcorn gif straight off after I asked people to post what they were getting with their RTX cards and what settings/res/components were used but you couldn't help yourself. Honestly, this is the last response I will give you, as I find it rather pathetic to keep bemoaning people who have bought an RTX card and trying to make yourself look big and clever with comments like "Ruffles feathers of the 2080Ti elite". Why even say that? What agenda do you have? Have people who bought into them run your cat over or summit? Geeez,

Soldato
In case anyone missed this elsewhere:
Although preferences will vary, we recommend disabling the following settings from Video-->Basic when DXR is enabled for the best overall experience:
Chromatic Aberration
Film Grain
Vignette
Lens Distortion

Low Reflections quality should be set due to known issues with Medium, High etc.

There are going to be loads of improvements made apparently to improve performance

Caporegime
In case anyone missed this elsewhere:
Although preferences will vary, we recommend disabling the following settings from Video-->Basic when DXR is enabled for the best overall experience:
Chromatic Aberration
Film Grain
Vignette
Lens Distortion

Low Reflections quality should be set due to known issues with Medium, High etc.

There are going to be loads of improvements made apparently to improve performance

Wont it look better with Ultra RT disabled?

Soldato
You can always go via the creation tool and force the "update" that way if your interested. It's available from MS now with the October update

I did this and I actually think in the campaign (under no flag) anyway dx12 is now a lot smoother than dx11 on my Titan pascal rarely dipping under 100 at ultra ( TAA low, no film grain). Dx11 is much more sawtooth. I can’t get it to play online in dx12 though...it’s a known bug I think.

If nothing else it looks like the RTX boys are getting dx12 sorted out for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom