1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield V performance

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kirby Wurm, Nov 11, 2018.

1. tyler_jrb

Mobster

i'd agree tank movement at a distance is horrific and seriously needs fixing. More like a dalek at extreme distances. Quite a lot of animations of bf4/1/v have been pretty dodgy.

In terms of accuracy i think it is pretty accurate and tanks brand new would have been pretty pristine and shiny especially when wet.

If it was 100% accurate then every hit regardless of gun would pretty much be a kill rather than taking 2-3 hits with a sniper rifle as it does now.

2. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

So you are telling me they are trying to demonstrate realism using RTX in a non realistic game environment.

3. Gerard

Caporegime

They are demonstrating realistic reflections in a game that is more arcade gameplay orientated. Battlefield gameplay has never been close to realistic, its always been arcade styled using their interpretation of real world events. Realistic graphics does not have to = realistic gameplay.

4. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Tanks in theatre tend to look very beat up and also customised in a very short time, for example driving through a house does tend to scratch the paint a bit.:D

Nobody in their right mind would deploy a shiny tank as it goes against the rules of camouflage, dirty dull and drab is good for life expectancy even in a brand new tank.:)

[​IMG]

5. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Realistic graphics should = realistic real situations and objects.

Battlefields are not bright and shinny.

6. Gerard

Caporegime

Well they don't, you just have to look at practically any recent battlefield game to see this. Tanks start off clean and as the battle goes on they get dirty and damaged as shown on my pic on the last page.

So as soon as war is declared suddenly the Sun vanishes and everything turns grey until the war is over? Doubtful. Rotterdam and Devastation show this pretty well in the game, a before and after with different weather effects going on which gives the map different looks. Yet people seem to zero in on the Rotterdam map when the Sun is out..as apparently the Sun was MIA during WW2 and only reappeared the second after Hitler shot himself.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  7. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

No military hardware equipment or troops belong on a battlefield if they look bright shinny and clean even from the first minute of conflict.

8. Gerard

Caporegime

Well tell that to nvidia and dice implementing rtx. If you play the game though there's no real shiny vehicles at all, the metal has more of a dull look to it.

[​IMG]

Example of the tiger with zimmerit paste applied. Whether or not this changes with rtx i've no idea. And yes this was an actual colour that Tigers were painted with.

9. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

You are right about the colour, it is for North Africa where the one in the Bovington tank museum was captured lol.

10. Gerard

Caporegime

And? There are other unlockable skins in the game to make it more in line with the european theatre. And there are a couple of desert based maps in the game where the default skin fits in. Not entirely sure why you bothered to embolden "north africa" as its obvious thats what that colour is for. :confused:

11. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

You are the one showing the Tiger 1 with a North African colour scheme in a built up European setting.

A bit of interesting information, when the allies captured the Tiger 1 in North Africa the people who did it had the most narrow escape.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...ptured-intact-in-the-tunisian-desert-in-1943/

12. Gerard

Caporegime

As i said, its the default skin, there are others you can unlock. Regardless of what skin was default it would look wrong in a few of the maps.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  13. Beta Reverse

Associate

I have a 8700K@5GHz, 16GB@3200 and a Duke 2080Ti, and for the love of god I can't play this game as smooth as I would like. With RTX on (ultra) it stutters like crazy usually at the start of the round, maybe two-three times one to two seconds freezing each. Without RTX stutters are much less severe in frequency and duration. In both cases it seems like after these freezes (loading something?) the game plays just fine, but sometimes one of this suckers hit me while flying or in a close encounter and it gets on my nerves.

Not running Afterburner while playing seems to help quite a bit, but it still have little freezes at the start of each round. CPU use of all cores move around 65-80%, so it doesn't seem like CPU bound.

14. Smffy

Mobster

If you look when the map is loading you will see it absolutely rinses your CPU so could be related to that. Temps go sky high on the load screen for example.

15. Beta Reverse

Associate

Sure, but the freezes occur seconds after the start of the round, when I'm already playing. :(

16. opethdisciple

Capodecina

It's just the crappy game engine.

17. chroniclard

Sgarrista

I have had no issues so far with it, no freezes or stuttering. 1440p, ultra, g sync, gtx 1080, 2700X. Not checked FPS, doubt its particularly high, however gsync ftw, smooth as anything.

Sounds like there is a PC issue above. Do you have issues on any other games?

18. Beta Reverse

Associate

Not really, just BV. Could you be kind to explain how you make Gsync work in BV? I just want to be sure I have it well configured.

19. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Just need to make sure its turned on in nvidia control panel, will just work. Doesn't sound like that would be the issue though if its freezing.

Is it running on an SSD drive? Is your RAM stable?

20. Beta Reverse

Associate

Yeah, running on an EVO 850 500GB. RAM and CPU have passed a couple of hours of Realbench without error.

I think it must be something related to RAM or SSD tho, because freezes just happen at the start and the game runs butter smoth until the end of the round.