BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be bothered making a new thread for this but it kind of fits as they talk about bbc and sky a bit for anyone that hasn't seen it

Check out the Horner, Button and Brundle videos at the awards too, great stuff from them all.

Steve Rider got a pounding, but at least gave a bit back as uncomfortable as he was :D

Martin Brundle is on-air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box.

Ted Kravitz will scour the pitlane in search of the inside scoop and also co-present the magazine show.

Broadcasting veteran Steve Ryder will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.

A familiar face to Sky Sports viewers, Simon Lazenby, will host each grand prix weekend.

Natalie Pinkham will spend her time hunting down the very latest information from the pitlane.

Ted Kravitz's co-presenter on the magazine show will be Sky Sports News anchor Georgie Thompson.

The hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box.

Former F1 driver Anthony Davidson will be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,,23871_7362521,00.html#photo=0

Saw this, interesting. Sorry if already mentioned.

BBC considered doubling up on commentary

Would have been terrible for the tv audience. Leggard has a major issue with not being able to shut up. Plus, the radio coverage drops off to give football updates every 10 minutes too.

But now the BBC have lost both their TV and radio commentators who knows what they will do...

Broadcasting veteran Steve Ryder will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.
i bet jackie stewart and lauda are interviewed almost every race sprouting the same old BS the german rtl channel is used to

Considering it's only £10 and small change for HD and unlocking of Sky F1 I might just get that and a HDMI splitter so I can pipe the signal to my living room rather than have to sit in there with the kids. I could probably drop a few of the channel packs we have to soften the blow too.

Was seriously expecting Sky to ask for a subscription to both Sports channels and a HD pack. Would have found it hard to go back to SD after enjoying the whole 2011 season in HD.

So my choices are £10 for Sky, a HDMI splitter and a few HDMI cables and probably a HDMI active coupler or two. Or BBC for the 10 live and thebox (or similar) for the remaining 10 and pay nothing.

Hmm...

Undecided on that. He is fine as the BTCC commentator, but I don't know weather that's just because he fills that role of a kind of faceless, vanilla, doesn't do anything overly good or overly bad, gets the job done without enraging me kind of thing.

That article does confirm that DC will remain in the comantary box though.

I am sure I have heard him do some F1 before, maybe on Eurosport or was it just in a season review video? good choice by the BBC anyway but I will be watching the better Sky coverage :D

edit: Ah he did the F1 on Sky before in 2002.

Last edited:
Hmm...

Undecided on that. He is fine as the BTCC commentator, but I don't know weather that's just because he fills that role of a kind of faceless, vanilla, doesn't do anything overly good or overly bad, gets the job done without enraging me kind of thing.

That article does confirm that DC will remain in the comantary box though.

Still better than Legard

For all the money that Sky have, Im surprised how little difference in quality the F1 presentation teams have (though its readily apparent some of you rate have something pretty to look at over someone that actually might have an insight to the sport), though Ive gotten past the point a while ago that MB is a great commentator as hes slowly going into bumbling MW for me...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom