BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any rumours of Sutil driving anything for anyone anywhere this year? Or has the court case effectively ended his racing career?

It seems to have temporarily ended his racing career. It would be a damn shame if it had permanently ended it, though, as he's a very good driver who I could well have seen taking Lewis Hamilton's McLaren seat if Hamilton chose not to renew his contract there at the end of the year.

Hmm yes the only good things the BBC had going are top gear and F1... thankfully I have sky sports, quite looking forward to the dedicated F1 Channel!! Go lewis!!!!

Just logged into the Sky website to see how much extra it would be for the HD Pack...

Was rather :eek: :o when it said you'll now pay £67.40 a month!

Really need to get the package cut down, Entertainment Extra pack is on there!? Multiroom!? and Sports.. but that needs to stay. The other two can GTFO.

Sky -

"One by one they WILL fall"

That's exactly what will happen.

SKY knew this all along. They should be able to get plenty of sign-ups, if only because of F1, and then don't forget that later on down the line, many people will be hooked on SKY and may increase their subscription package. These people may even end up getting their phoneline and broadband connection - all with SKY.

In summary, it was a great deal for SKY and well worth the huge sum they paid to get the rights to show F1.

That's exactly what will happen.

SKY knew this all along. They should be able to get plenty of sign-ups, if only because of F1, and then don't forget that later on down the line, many people will be hooked on SKY and may increase their subscription package. These people may even end up getting their phoneline and broadband connection - all with SKY.

In summary, it was a great deal for SKY and well worth the huge sum they paid to get the rights to show F1.

disagree, nothing has changed very few will bother.

Guess with more people paying for it, there will be less people moaning if its a poor season or a Vettel-wins-all one. Who wants to moan when they are paying directly/so much for the pleasure ;)

Quite a good upside really...

ps3ud0 :cool:

disagree, nothing has changed very few will bother.

We'll see when Sky do their 3 monthly profits announcement in May i think it is? I bet it will show one of the highest subscriber increases since HD launched.

Sky are pushing this massively within the company as well. I know someone who works there and he said they've got a staff competition running for an all expenses paid trip to the Monaco GP as well as TWENTY pairs of tickets to Silverstone! The Red Bull show car is doing a tour of some of the Sky sites as well apparently and there's a sort of simulator doing the rounds too he said although basically a car mockup with a 32" TV on the front of it which is a shame!

We'll see when Sky do their 3 monthly profits announcement in May i think it is? I bet it will show one of the highest subscriber increases since HD launched.

Sky are pushing this massively within the company as well. I know someone who works there and he said they've got a staff competition running for an all expenses paid trip to the Monaco GP as well as TWENTY pairs of tickets to Silverstone! The Red Bull show car is doing a tour of some of the Sky sites as well apparently and there's a sort of simulator doing the rounds too he said although basically a car mockup with a 32" TV on the front of it which is a shame!

yeah but you'll never be able to attribute subscribers for F1, impossible.

The vast majority of the F1 target audience is casual viewers, no way most of them will subscribe.

Personally I don't care either way, I'm just saying that's all, I've been following F1 for 30 years and watched 99% of races live and at the moment I don't think I will be subscribing out of principal more than anything, F1 has been taking the **** for too long now.

That said, I have paid a fortune for Silverstone tickets, don't want to cut of your nose despite your face do you.

Oh yeah, I've also got a dish pointing at 19.2 east.;)

What is this 'principle' people keep going on about?

Oh, and Sky just lost money on my parents. They dropped the Sports pack and replaced it with the HD pack :D. Yeah Sky, screw you, take that! LOL.

yeah but you'll never be able to attribute subscribers for F1, impossible.

The vast majority of the F1 target audience is casual viewers, no way most of them will subscribe.

Personally I don't care either way, I'm just saying that's all, I've been following F1 for 30 years and watched 99% of races live and at the moment I don't think I will be subscribing out of principal more than anything, F1 has been taking the **** for too long now.

That said, I have paid a fortune for Silverstone tickets, don't want to cut of your nose despite your face do you.

Oh yeah, I've also got a dish pointing at 19.2 east.;)

True, but it will be interesting to compare it to previous years or even last quarter and the quarter before that. There have been quite a few 'I've caved and bought Sky to watch F1' comments on other forums I've looked at too and personally I'm super excited about it and cannot wait for it to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom