BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Oh, wait a minute. Sorry, forgot where I was. This is OcUK, where Bernie is akin to Satan. ;)

But the interest is self serving.

Its done because otherwise F1 and its team will collapse. If that happens then he's out of pocket. Thats the reason he cares, not out of any concern for the good of the sport.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
But the interest is self serving.

Its done because otherwise F1 and its team will collapse. If that happens then he's out of pocket. Thats the reason he cares, not out of any concern for the good of the sport.

If all Bernie was out to do was line his pockets with yet more money, he'd have sold the TV rights to Sky back when sponsors and teams were clamouring to join the grid and the sport could survive such a move. He'd be even richer now than he already is had he done that.

And hell - so what if it is self serving? He's a business man. It's his job to make money. The way some of you talk, it's as if you want F1 to be run by a saintly philanthropist in it solely for the love of the sport and the viewing public, willing to throw vast sums of money at it for zero return. Newsflash guys - not gonna happen!

Caporegime
If all Bernie was out to do was line his pockets with yet more money, he'd have sold the TV rights to Sky back when sponsors and teams were clamouring to join the grid and the sport could survive such a move. He'd be even richer now than he already is had he done that.
!

Not so sure its as simple as that. But nevermind. I still don't like the man.

Caporegime
Does the BBC really need BBC3 and BBC4? Half the stuff is repeats, and the other half is just ****, and its only on for 12 hours a day anyway! Combine it into a single channel, ditch the repeats and problem solved.

Associate
When I heard this last night, I immediately counted 12 concurrent BBC programmes that I would ditch in favour of F1. Can't they just sell TV Centre, that must be worth a few bob for someone to turn into 1 bed flats?

Man of Honour
When I heard this last night, I immediately counted 12 concurrent BBC programmes that I would ditch in favour of F1. Can't they just sell TV Centre, that must be worth a few bob for someone to turn into 1 bed flats?

They're just moving out of the building at the moment. The BBC is finally modernising, think they have a new building in Manchester or somewhere and selling the old ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/06_june/13/television.shtml

Soldato
Channel 4 doing F1 would surely be a disaster, can't believe their coverage would be anything other than done on the cheap! Even ITV would be better than them and thats saying something!

Soldato
Channel 4 doing F1 would surely be a disaster, can't believe their coverage would be anything other than done on the cheap! Even ITV would be better than them and thats saying something!

Probably get Endemol to produce it with commentary by the Geordie bloke from Big Brother.
[Geordie accent]Lap three and Jenson Button has entered the pits. Kimi is having an ice cream[/Geordie accent]

I am not against adverts, but having them every 15 minutes interupts the race too much. Couldn't they just have a rolling banner ads or pop ups like they have in America sometimes? They would get more adverts, but not interrupt the race viewing.

Caporegime
Football goes 45 minutes without adverts. Therefore it should be perfectly acceptable to have only a single add break during a ~90 minute race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom