BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the questions are more pertaining to why the deal went to a split Sky thing and whether the BBC have acted in the best interests of the public or their own best interests in just not letting Channel 4 have it. We all know why they can't afford it (or at least why they claim so) but there is a bit of a question mark of what went on, why and whether it's really the best outcome, something I suspect the BBC may be obliged to consider given their public funded public service position.

It does seem to me at the moment, that everyone is keen to suggest it was someone else who brought Sky into the equation, no one seems to want to stand up and say 'Yes it was us, this is why'.

Maybe we'll get some sort of answer, though I won't hold my breath.

Sky could use Charlie Webster, seeing as she has presented other motorsport events for Sky.

Lee McKenzie has also done work for Sky Sports, so could also move, as she has done some lead presenting for F1.

Alternatively we could end up with Keith Huewen and Tony Jardine as Keith presents the Indycar, and Tony does Sky's F1 web stuff, but that would make me :mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:

I can easily foresee Sky just having a couple of blokes in the studio (in UK) and then licencing the 5Live commentary :p to go over the FOM feed.

I can easily foresee Sky just having a couple of blokes in the studio (in UK) and then licencing the 5Live commentary :p to go over the FOM feed.
That's what they used to do with A1GP. Although Georgie Thompson used to present that so it wasn't all bad.

Ben Edwards used to commentate for Sky motorsport events and he's pretty good on BTCC.

sky will use tony jardine i bet, they already use him for there f1 race track previews.

if so it will be dire as the guy as nice as he is, just aint a good presenter.

anyone else find themselves loosing interest in the races since the sky announcement? Knowing that I will not see it next year and that this year is pretty much decided I findi have the tv on but I'm just not glued to it like before

I also don't think I will be bothering to watch many of the BBC races next year as if I can't see them all its not the same.

I've watched f1 for probably 13 years I guess when I was about 13, so this is really gutting.

with the digital switch over why is it we can't opt out of the BBC and not pay the fee? The technology is there because as of now there will be nothing I watch on the BBC.

God I hope its not Tony Jardine for the love of god. If it is at least we can use BBC for some of the races.

It's such a bloody shame as the bbc team were as good as perfect imo.

with the digital switch over why is it we can't opt out of the BBC and not pay the fee? The technology is there because as of now there will be nothing I watch on the BBC.

You don't watch BBC, you don't watch Sky? Why do you have a TV at all? Surely not for ITV and C4?!

Save yourself the cash and ditch TV entirely, just keep the screen for DVDs - you don't have to have a TV licence.

There's talk that it will be free to Sky Sports subscribers but also available on a pay per race or 'Season ticket' option for all non BBC covered races. I'd imagine it'll be fairly steep though, although possibly less than subbing for the full sports package for the F1 season.

When Sky did a weekend pass for the Ryder cup coverage it was £20 for the four days. At the time a months Sky Sports sub was £16!

What about (Freeview) Top-Up TV?
I Know on my TV I see some scrambled channels for Sky Sports 1 & 2.
Would this be the cheapest option?

I have no wish to take out a full subscription as F1 would be the only program I'd watch on SKY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom